Stamps Sign Free-Agent DB Joshua Bell

Discussion in 'Other American Football' started by truebluefan, Feb 12, 2014.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]

Calgary Stampeders head coach and general manager John Hufnagel is pleased to announce the signing of free-agent import defensive back Joshua Bell. As per team policy, terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
    Bell spent the first two years of his CFL career with the BC Lions and made 16 starts at halfback during the 2013 regular season, accumulating 45 tackles, including four tackles for loss, four special-teams tackles, four pass knockdowns and one interception. The 29-year-old Los Angeles native also started the Western Semi-Final against Saskatchewan and recorded four tackles.

Prior to coming to the CFL, Bell played 13 games in the National Football League including nine for the Denver Broncos in 2008 and four with the Green Bay Packers in 2009.

"Joshua is a talented player with experience on both sides of the border who has established himself as a very good CFL player," said Hufnagel. "With the departure of several members of our secondary this off-season, he has an excellent opportunity to step in and play an important role with us this season."

Before turning pro, Bell spent four seasons at Baylor (2004-07) and played a total of 46 games. As a senior, he recorded 61 total tackles and broke up 10 passes. For his career, he had 93 tackles, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery.

"I'm very happy to be joining the Stampeders," said Bell. "They were the best team in the league last season, they have a great front four - which is a great help to us in the secondary - and I have a lot of respect for Coach Huff. And I'm really excited to play for Rich Stubler again. He was my defensive coordinator the last two years in BC and I love playing for him."

Stampeders season tickets are on sale now for the 2014 season. For more information, visit Stampeders.com or call 403-289-0258 to speak with a customer service representative.

Press release from the Calgary Stampeders