Argos Re-Sign Free Agent K-P Swayze Waters

Discussion in 'Other American Football' started by truebluefan, Feb 12, 2014.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]

The Toronto Argonauts Football Club is pleased to announce that import K/P Swayze Waters has re-signed with the club through the 2015 season. Waters was granted free agency yesterday at 12 noon ET.
    Commented Argonauts General Manager Jim Barker, "We believe Swayze Waters has arguably the strongest leg in the CFL. He has been a reliableplayer for our team and is a proven competitor. We are happy to have him back in Double Blue."

Waters joined the Argos in 2012 and was part of the special teams unit that helped host and hoist the 100th Grey Cup in Toronto, converting two (2) field goals in the win. Waters finished the 2012 season 32 of 43 on field goals including a memorable 51-yard game-winning kick in week 19 against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. In 2013, Waters was hurt in the home opener but returned later in the season to go 18 of 25 on field goal attempts with a long of 50-yards. He has also put himself into the Argos record books as his two-season kickoff average of 66.2 yards ranks first all-time amongst Argos kickers.

Commented Swayze Waters, "I am extremely happy to be staying in the Argonaut family. The entire organization has been incredible to me and my family. The team, fans and city have made this place feel like home and I am grateful. I can't wait to put on the Double Blue and help bring another Grey Cup back to Toronto."

Prior to joining the Argos in 2012, Waters spent time in the NFL with the Pittsburgh Steelers, Oakland Raiders and Detroit Lions. Waters played his college football at Alabama Birmingham (2005-08) where he was named First-Team All-Conference USA in 2007.

The Toronto Argonauts also announced that non-import K/P Noel Prefontaine has been released.

Jim Barker added, " Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 We would like to thank Noel for his professionalism and his years of service as a member of the Toronto Argonauts."

The Toronto Argonauts are North America's oldest professional football club, celebrating their 141st anniversary in 2014. As Toronto's #1 community team through player involvement and community programs, the Toronto Argonauts, a member of the Canadian Football League (CFL), have 16 Grey Cup championships to their credit. For 2014 season ticket and group sales packages, please contact the sales team at (416) 341-ARGO. For more information on the Toronto Argonauts Football Club, please visit argonauts.ca .

Press release from the Toronto Argonauts