Parker Remains with Red and White

Discussion in 'Other American Football' started by truebluefan, Feb 12, 2014.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]

Calgary Stampeders head coach and general manager John Hufnagel is pleased to announce the re-signing of non-import receiver Anthony Parker. As per team policy, terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
    Parker played 17 regular-season games in 2013, recording career highs with 21 catches and 217 yards. The Okotoks product scored the first two touchdowns of his CFL career - the first on July 26 in Winnipeg and the other on Oct. 26 against Saskatchewan.

The University of Calgary alum added four carries for 29 yards and also saw action on special teams, returning three kickoffs for 51 yards.

"Anthony made important strides in his development last season and we believe that the best is yet to come," said Hufnagel. "Even though he has already been with us for three years, Anthony is still only 24 years old and I look forward to watching his continued growth as a player."

After a stellar career with the Dinos - which included two Canada West all-star nominations - Parker was a first-round selection of the Stampeders in 2011. In 36 career contests, he has 27 catches for 306 yards and two touchdowns, five carries for 36 yards, four kickoff returns for 60 yards and two punt returns for 13 yards. He also picked up an interception on a botched fake-punt play by the BC Lions in 2011.

"I'm excited for the opportunity to be back with the team," said Parker. "I thank management for their patience as I tested free agency but, ultimately, I decided this was the best place for me. By staying with the Stamps, I get to be on a very good football team and my family is right here to support me."

Parker is a second-generation Stampeder as his father, also named Anthony, played for the Red and White in 1990.

Stampeders season tickets are on sale now for the 2014 season. For more information, visit Stampeders.com or call 403-289-0258 to speak with a customer service representative.

Read more http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=4739144