Shock GM Ryan Rigmaiden Leaves Spokane for CFL's BC Lions

Discussion in 'Other American Football' started by truebluefan, Feb 12, 2014.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

The Spokane Shock announced today the departure of General Manager Ryan Rigmaiden, who has been named as the Director of U.S. Scouting of the Canadian Football League's BC Lions football club.
    Rigmaiden, a Spokane, WA native and graduate of Shadle Park High School, began his football career with the Shock in 2007 while the team was a member of the af2, serving as the Director of Player Personnel until being named as GM in 2010 when Spokane joined the Arena Football League. During Rigmaiden's time with the Shock, the team achieved a regular season record of 88-31 and 11-4 in playoffs as they would go on to win the 2009 af2 ArenaCup and 2010 AFL ArenaBowl.

"Ryan has been a huge part of the Shock's success over the years," said Shock Head Coach Andy Olson. "We knew that it was a personal goal of his to work toward receiving opportunities beyond the arena and indoor games. We wish him the best of luck in the future and look forward to seeing his continued success with the BC Lions in the CFL."

As Head Coach Andy Olson gets set to begin his third season at the helm in Spokane, the Shock expect to continue on their winning ways and to serve as a great pipeline opportunity for players working towards their goals of playing in the CFL and NFL.

Tracy Malingo will continue to serve as the Executive Vice President of Operations for the Shock as she has since the 2012 season, overseeing the organization's business related activities. Ryan Eucker, who joined the Shock organization just after the team's 2010 ArenaBowl championship, will take over Director of Player Personnel duties and assist Head Coach Andy Olson with Spokane's football operations.

Despite Rigmaiden's departure from the Shock franchise, both parties are excited about the future and expect their paths to continue to operate on parallel plains, "I've built tremendous friendships with the Shock staff over the years," said Rigmaiden. "They'll always have my help and I will continue to maintain my friendship with Spokane's coaches. I wish them the best of luck in 2014."

The Shock will kick off the 2014 season with Training Camp opening on Thursday, February 20th. Spokane will play host to the Iowa Barnstormers on Saturday, March 15th for their season with a 7:00pm kickoff at Spokane Arena.

Press release from the Spokane Shock