Knight scores 18 with sore foot, Bucks beat Magic

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by truebluefan, Feb 19, 2014.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Giannis Antetokounmpo is the rookie who gets most of the attention for Milwaukee. It was another first-year player who made the biggest shot Tuesday night to give the Bucks a rare victory.

Nate Wolters hit a 3-pointer with 29 seconds left to give Milwaukee the lead for good in a 104-100 win over the Orlando Magic.

With an NBA-worst 10-43 record, Bucks coach Larry Drew is giving plenty of minutes to young players. Antetokounmpo and Wolters made key contributions both offensively and defensively in the final minutes against Orlando.

"They hit a dagger, that shot Nate hit," Magic guard E'Twaun Moore said.

Wolters missed 26 of his first 29 attempts from 3-point range this season but is 5 for 11 in the team's last four games.

"I'm feeling a lot better from 3. I'm going to shoot with confidence, and hopefully I can keep it up," he said. "I've been playing so many minutes. Coach is giving me the opportunity, so I have to knock some shots down."

His 27-foot jumper with 6 seconds left on the shot clock helped Milwaukee snap a four-game losing streak.

"I didn't have much time so I just decided to pull up and shoot it," Wolters said. "Sometimes those are the easiest ones, when you know you have to shoot it. It's nice to get a win."

After Wolters gave the Bucks the lead, Antetokounmpo stole the ball from Arron Afflalo and was fouled, making one free throw for a 100-97 advantage.

"I was focused tonight," Antetokounmpo said. "For a rookie that means a lot to be focused down the stretch, especially being a little bit panicked."

Brandon Knight overcame a bizarre foot injury for the Bucks, scoring 18 points and making two free throws with 5.5 seconds left to seal the victory. He played 34 minutes despite slicing his foot open on a baseboard while stepping out of his bathroom shower Tuesday afternoon.

read more http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400489670