Playoff Brackets

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by DTP, Mar 21, 2007.

1. DTP

DTP BBW Elite Member

Sorry if there's a thread already up about this but we're almost at the end of March so how do you see things playing out the rest of the way? Here's what I think...1. Pistons2. Cavaliers3. Heat4. Raptors5. Bulls6. Wizards7. Nets8. Knicks1st Round1. Pistons 8. Knicks (Pistons win in 5)2. Cavaliers 7. Nets (Cavs win in 6)3. Heat 6. Wizards (Heat win in 6)4. Raptors 5. Bulls (Bulls win in 7)2nd Round1. Pistons 5. Bulls (Pistons in 7)2. Cavaliers 3. Heat (Heat in 7)ECF1. Pistons 3. Heat (Pistons in 6)Western Conference1. Mavericks2. Suns3. Spurs4. Jazz5. Rockets6. Nuggets7. Lakers8. Warriors1st Round1. Mavericks 8. Warriors (Mavs in 5)2. Suns 7. Lakers (Suns in 6)3. Spurs 6. Nuggets (Spurs in 7)4. Jazz 5. Rockets (Rockets in 7) Also I think Houston will have the better record and will have HCA in this matchup.2nd Round1. Mavericks 5. Rockets (Mavs in 7)2. Suns vs 3. Spurs (Spurs in 7)WCF1. Mavericks 3. Spurs (Mavs in 6)Finals Dallas Mavericks vs. Detroit Pistons (Pistons in 6) Yes, I'm a homer.Finals MVP- C. Webber

2. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Finals MVP- C. Webber</div>What? [​IMG]

3. The Lefty

The Lefty BBW Elite Member

Lakers over Detroit in 7Finals MVP: Kobe Bryant.Yes, I'm a homer.

4. DTP

DTP BBW Elite Member

lol, its a cinderella story and its not complete unless Webber wins MVP. Lakers in the Finals? First, make sure they get out of the 1st round.

5. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Lefty @ Mar 21 2007, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Lakers over Detroit in 7Finals MVP: Kobe Bryant.Yes, I'm a homer.</div>I honestly hope that you arent being serious...If so, that is ridiculous.I think that it will be the Mavs and the Spurs in the WCF, and I think the Mavs will take it in 7.In the Eastern Conference, it is going to be Detroit and whoever....I think the Bulls have a decent chance to make it to the ECF if they dont have to meet Detroit up untilt then.Whoever Dallas has to face, they are going to beat. They are the best team in the league. If I had to guess, I would say....Detroit vs. Dallas (Dallas in 6)MVP: Dirk Nowitzki

6. Marvinmartian

Marvinmartian BBW Elite Member

Haha, he said Detoit in 6...lol.I won't say Detroit won't win a Finals matchup with the Mavs, but sure as hell aren't going to win in less than 7, and with the focus and hunger the Mavs have shown...I'm not sure anyone beats them.

7. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Marvinmartian @ Mar 21 2007, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Haha, he said Detoit in 6...lol.I won't say Detroit won't win a Finals matchup with the Mavs, but sure as hell aren't going to win in less than 7, and with the focus and hunger the Mavs have shown...I'm not sure anyone beats them.</div>Well, did any Western Conference fan think that Miami would win in 6? :ranting: I'd hate to face the Lakers in any round except the WCF. They are the worst possible 1st round match-up. I'd like a switch with the Warriors.

8. Marvinmartian

Marvinmartian BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ASUFan22 @ Mar 21 2007, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Well, did any Western Conference fan think that Miami would win in 6? :ranting: I'd hate to face the Lakers in any round except the WCF. They are the worst possible 1st round match-up. I'd like a switch with the Warriors.</div>Dang it! Just when I forget.Actually, I don't see the Mavs coughing up like that again...they are too focused and hungry to redeem themselves.If they make it to the Finals, not a sure thing as you know, but I'd put money on them, they won't make they same mistake again.

9. Opal

Opal Active Member

<u>EAST</u>Detroit vs. New York <u>4 games</u>Cleveland vs. New Jersey <u>6 games</u>Miami vs. Washington <u>6 games</u>Toronto vs. Chicago <u>7 games</u>Detroit vs. Chicago <u>7 games</u>Cleveland vs. Miami <u>6 games</u>Detroit vs. Cleveland <u>6 games</u> <u>WEST</u>Dallas vs. Golden State <u>4 games</u>Phoenix vs. Los Angeles <u>7 games</u> San Antonio vs. Denver <u>7 games</u>Utah vs. Houston <u>6 games</u> Dallas vs. Houston <u>6 games</u>Phoenix vs. San Antonio <u>6 games</u>Dallas vs. Phoenix <u>7 games</u>FINALSDetroit vs. PhoenixGame 1: DetroitGame 2: PhoenixGame 3: PhoenixGame 4: DetroitGame 5: PhoenixGame 6: PhoenixMVP: Steve Nash2007 NBA Champions: Phoenix SunsMeh, it would be much better knowing the actual seeds.

10. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Marvinmartian @ Mar 21 2007, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Dang it! Just when I forget.Actually, I don't see the Mavs coughing up like that again...they are too focused and hungry to redeem themselves.If they make it to the Finals, not a sure thing as you know, but I'd put money on them, they won't make they same mistake again.</div>Betting money is okay, but don't be the ranch on it.The Suns can't afford to start off with the Lakers though. They need the Warriors. The Lakers are the only team within the last couple years that can really slow down the game for most of the series thanks to Phil and they'll give the Suns a tough series. Phoenix'll be worn out by the time they play the Mavs or the Pistons. A quick first series is crucial.A sleeper in the East could be the Bulls. They have played really well recently I think. One of the top teams since the all-star break I think I saw during the Suns-Mavs game?And even though I'm not worried at all about Houston in a head-2-head match-up, if the Suns get out earlier I could see them maybe surprising.

11. Opal

Opal Active Member

I hope the Lakers get 6th kind of so the Nuggets don't face the Spurs. The best chance they have is against the Suns unless they can somehow get a 5 seed.EDIT: Wow I don't know what was up with me during that post it made not sense at all haha.

12. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

Actually, I can very well see C-Webb as MVP. Hes revived, and he might click if they go to the finals.

13. anypoint

anypoint BBW Member

Im hoping for a repeat of a Heat-Mavs finals; it may be the closest thing to a Lakers-Celtics. In the sense of two teams meeting up in the finals. A lot of that depends on what Wade can do on a loose shoulder, and if Dallas isnt over confident.Now only if Shaq gives Stackhouse a hard foul....

14. Suns Fan Guy

Suns Fan Guy BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>EASTDetroit vs. New York 4 gamesCleveland vs. New Jersey 6 gamesMiami vs. Washington 6 gamesToronto vs. Chicago 7 gamesDetroit vs. Chicago 7 gamesCleveland vs. Miami 6 gamesDetroit vs. Cleveland 6 games WESTDallas vs. Golden State 4 gamesPhoenix vs. Los Angeles 7 games San Antonio vs. Denver 7 gamesUtah vs. Houston 6 games Dallas vs. Houston 6 gamesPhoenix vs. San Antonio 6 gamesDallas vs. Phoenix 7 gamesFINALSDetroit vs. PhoenixGame 1: DetroitGame 2: PhoenixGame 3: PhoenixGame 4: DetroitGame 5: PhoenixGame 6: PhoenixMVP: Steve Nash2007 NBA Champions: Phoenix SunsMeh, it would be much better knowing the actual seeds.</div>alright we got one person so far who's right

15. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

Eastern Conference:1. Pistons2. Cavaliers3. Wizards4. Raptors5. Bulls6. Heat7. Nets8. KnicksRound 1: Detroit Pistons VS New York Knicks (Detroit wins 4-1)Cleveland Cavaliers VS New Jersey Nets (Cleveland wins 4-2)Washington Wizards VS Miami Heat (Miami wins 4-2)Toronto Raptors VS Chicago Bulls (Chicago wins 4-2)Round 2:Detroit Pistons VS Chicago Bulls (Detroit wins 4-2)Cleveland Cavaliers VS Miami Heat (Cleveland wins 4-3)Eastern Conference Finals:Detroit Pistons VS Cleveland Cavaliers (Detroit wins 4-3)Western Conference:1. Mavericks2. Suns3. Spurs4. Jazz5. Rockets6. Nuggets7. Lakers8. WarriorsRound 1:Dallas Mavericks VS Golden State Warriors (Dallas wins 4-2)Phoenix Suns VS Los Angeles Lakers (Phoenix wins 4-2)San Antonio Spurs VS Denver Nuggets (San Antonio Wins 4-2)Utah Jazz VS Houston Rockets (Utah wins 4-3)Round 2:Dallas Mavericks VS Utah Jazz (Dallas wins 4-2)Phoenix Suns VS San Antonio Spurs (Phoenix wins 4-3)Western Conference Finals:Dallas Mavericks VS Phoenix Suns (Dallas wins 4-3)NBA Finals:Dallas Mavericks VS Detroit Pistons (Dallas win 4-2)

16. Dagameplayer

Dagameplayer BBW Member

Its like the old saying goes. Every team has a shot at the playoffs at the beginning no matter what team it is. I believe the Lakers have just as much a chance at getting to the finals and winning the whole thing. Look at what they pulled off last year. They came together as a team and racked up 3 wins against one of the best teams in the west. If they could pull that off and again this year against whoever they play I believe they won't make the same mistake twice. I think that playoff experience will help them. Team work will win us games.

17. DTP

DTP BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Camby23Land @ Mar 21 2007, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>FINALSDetroit vs. PhoenixGame 1: DetroitGame 2: PhoenixGame 3: PhoenixGame 4: DetroitGame 5: PhoenixGame 6: PhoenixMVP: Steve Nash2007 NBA Champions: Phoenix SunsMeh, it would be much better knowing the actual seeds.</div> Remember in the finals its a 2-3-2 format so your expecting Phoenix to take 2/3 on the road in Detroit? I just don't see that happening, especially not game 3.

18. Dagameplayer

Dagameplayer BBW Member

Detroit won't be in the finals this year. I just don't see it happening

19. Diawsome

Diawsome BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DTP @ Mar 22 2007, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Remember in the finals its a 2-3-2 format so your expecting Phoenix to take 2/3 on the road in Detroit? I just don't see that happening, especially not game 3.</div>No one saw Detroit beating the Lakers or Miami beating Dallas either :happy0144: The Suns quite possibly are the best big game road team in the NBA over the past three years, if only they could learn to play like they do on the road when they are home [​IMG]

20. DTP

DTP BBW Elite Member

Phoenix is not a playoffs team, they don't play D and won't get past San Antonio or Dallas. There's a reason Phoenix has not reached the finals in these last two season and this year will be no different imo.