Will the East be stronger Next Year?

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by GArenas, Mar 22, 2007.

1. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

-----We all know that this years East was the trashiest conference sports has ever seen. At one point no team was even looking at above 46 wins. Of course Miami had their struggles early on, Detroit brought in webber, LeBron was tired, and injuries/little heart in NJ this year but will this continue next year. Lets go through the seeding. ------ Lets start at the top, Detroit could very well find themselves out of contention next year if they don't keep Webber who shows interest in going to LA and Chauncy who could be doing anythign at this point. If they are able to secure these two players to another contract they could very well continue their place of dominance in the East. Afterwards Cleveland, This team isn't going to get worse but they need to find a second scoring option for LeBron I seriousely don't think Larry Hughes will cut it, he should've been moved out at the deadline when the Cavs were still not playing their best ball. The Wiz need actual bench depth if they're going to be succesful, DSong and Antonio are good but they need more than a 7 man rotation. They can't really get out of the jump shooting team category but they can still improve in what they do best. Toronto is just going to get better with the continuing improval of the three europeans and Bosh. Chicago will only get better especially with Ben Gordon and Luol Deng still in their hands. ----- Now this is where it gets really sticky. Miami had their struggles with injuries this year but when Dwayne Wade comes back there could be no Gary Payton or Alonzou Mourning. Shaq will continue to age and so will Antonio Walker and Jason Williams. This team could very well be headed straight back to the lottery. With one of the most intruiging franchises in ages who knows what will happen with NY some nights they play like they can win the god damn chip others like last years NYK. NJ needs to figure something out, with the possibility that VC or Kidd leaving this year things could get very bad in the meadowlands. Orlando is another one of those inconsistent teams but with Dwight Howard anythign can happen, they need to sign a good free agent and with Grant Hill gone this could very well be a better team however who really knows how the Orlando franchise will handle their situation. Indiana killed themseleves with the 8 man trade, Jermaine O'neal could be gone in the off-season and this franchise is looking not so good, wawawewa. ----- Charlotte seems to have promise with Jordan at the helm but who can trust Jordan, look what he did to the wiz for three years. Boston is teh team with the most chance of transforming into a playoff team with injuries being battled if they fire Doc and bring in Durant this could very well become a reborn franchise. Philadelphia is another team that could improve but then again their GM is Billy King......sooo...who knows. In finality, will the East be better? Who knows. Share your thoughts on wether the east will be better or not.

2. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

Seeing as how about half of the east is going to be in the lottery, yes, the east will improve. Charlotte, Philly (maybe), Boston, Bucks, Magic (maybe), Pacers, Knicks, Hawks. BTW, please use paragraphs!

3. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

Tip: Try using paragraphs.I'm not even going to read your post due to the way it's set up, but I will say that there is no question the East should be BETTER next season. Here are my reasons why:- The East is VERY young, it is loaded with young talent. Those players will continue to improve.- Most Eastern Conference teams have been injury plagued BIG time this season, it's unlikely that it will be this bad next year.- Since the East is so bad, they are the bottom teams in the league. They will be getting pretty much all of the top draft picks, so that obviously helps.- Although the records are bad this year, you definitely see big improvements with teams like Toronto, New York, Philly (after the All-Star break), Atlanta. Then you have your "up and coming" teams like Boston, Charlotte, Orlando, etc.- And finally... the East has basically hit rock bottom, there is no reason times should only get better. With the young talent in the East, it's going to get better year by year.

4. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

My bad bout the paragraphs. It's obvious that the young talent of these teams are great but do they have the management and team composition to make this a decent Franchise. I should probabely re-phrase the name of the htread. Will the East be respectable compared to the West next year.

5. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Mar 22 2007, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>My bad bout the paragraphs. It's obvious that the young talent of these teams are great but do they have the management and team composition to make this a decent Franchise. I should probabely re-phrase the name of the htread. Will the East be respectable compared to the West next year.</div>Will the East be anywhere near as strong as the West next season? No, not at all. I think 3-4 years down the road, however, you might be able to have an argument.

6. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

Absolutely....-- A lot of the top lottery picks in a deep draft-- A lot of young teams on the come up (Toronto, Boston, Chicago, Charlotte, Orlando etc)-- Hopefully some trades

7. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Afterwards Cleveland, This team isn't going to get worse but they need to find a second scoring option for LeBron I seriousely don't think Larry Hughes will cut it, he should've been moved out at the deadline when the Cavs were still not playing their best ball.</div>And this is coming from a Wizards fan who watched Larry Hughes have his best year in his career..Well, Hughes can cut it but it will just take more then just him. Cleveland needs a shooting guard IF Hughes is gonna stay at PG. Sasha Pavlovic has done an awesome job at shooting guard and that core can be like NJ(not comparing anyone, but we can be like that with better bigs and depth). Hughes is good enough to help LBJ, when we went on our 8 game winning streak Hughes was doing his thing and passing it to open teammates. The last two games he hasn't done that and that was why we lost the game. He wont be dealt anytime soon so I wouldn't say anything like that. All well, I read that some people would be shocked if we made it to the ECF, hell even the 2nd round. But Yeah, we will just see about that.

8. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

Larry Hughes the wizard was a completely different player than Larry Hughes the Cav.

9. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Mar 22 2007, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Larry Hughes the wizard was a completely different player than Larry Hughes the Cav.</div>Yes I know. When he played for the Wizards I rooted them on and had this kinda face. :dribble: Now he is with my favorite team and their is a lot of presser on him as he tries to do well like he did with the Wizards. And now my face is like this.. :ranting: He will be back, but that is the main reason why it says.. "Missing #20" in my member title.