DeRozan scores 25 as Raptors beat Pistons 101-87

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by truebluefan, Mar 13, 2014.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Raptors coach Dwane Casey showed up a little late to his own postgame press conference after Wednesday's win over Detroit. Right after his team finished off the Pistons, Casey and his staff hustled off the court and huddled in their office to watch the final moments of Brooklyn's one-point win over Miami, an outcome that kept Toronto's lead atop the Atlantic Division at three games.

For the first time in six years, late-season results are important to Toronto. And DeMar DeRozan, who's never been to the postseason, couldn't be happier about that.

"It always bugged me going home early and just sitting there doing nothing," DeRozan said of the empty springs he's known so far. "It used to make me so hungry just watching. I've got a lot of friends that play in the playoffs and I've always got to hear them all summer talk about their experience. It always pushed me even further."

DeRozan scored 25 points, Amir Johnson had 20 against his former team and the Raptors handed Detroit its 10th straight road defeat, beating the Pistons 101-87 and bouncing back from a 101-97 defeat at Brooklyn on Monday night."

Read more http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400489833