Arron Afflalo

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by AiRuPtHeRe, Mar 23, 2007.

1. AiRuPtHeRe

AiRuPtHeRe BBW Elite Member

I'm surprised no one has really mentioned him. I think he's another sleeper in the draft along with Alando Tucker. I see him going top 15 in this years draft and I think he's got himself a bright future in the NBA. Anyone else like Amazing Aaron?

2. Diawsome

Diawsome BBW Elite Member

I see him going somewhere in the 20s myself. I don't think anyone would take him in the lottery just because the lottery is basically all about potential and there are too many players that have more potential then he does. Of course that could change based on who is or isn't entering the draft.

3. SirLaker

SirLaker BBW MOD

Afflalo is a very good scorer and can create shots for himself. He can make clutch baskets down the stretch as well as knocking down freethrows etc. The guy is a very good player but I also don't see him in the lottery. I don't really see him as a player that can really contribute right away...depending on where he goes.

4. LAZY

LAZY BBW Elite Member

Your classic Compton kid, great basketball Arron is a mid-range master, he can come in and shoot 50%. He's one of those players that lives for situations at the end of games. He likes the pressure. Cause he know he can develop. And I don't blame him, cause he's a great clutch player when it comes to a team relying on him. Right now I see him low first round. If UCLA can pass Kansas, that will create a bigger stock for his name, obviously being looked at higher in the draft. Potential sleeper

5. grizz101

grizz101 BBW Member

top 15 is a stretch, late first rounder

6. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

I could see him having a career like Eddie Jones or Doug Christie. 15 ppg scorer, solid defense, could start.

7. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

Just remember, Michael Redd isn't the best athlete, didn't have the most potential either. I think if he finds a nitch he'll be a hell of a player. Not too often do players with his his work ethic/personality fail. I just have a feeling about this guy.

8. AiRuPtHeRe

AiRuPtHeRe BBW Elite Member

Arron proved himself today with 24 points vs Kansas. I think his draft stock will rise by draft time if he can lead UCLA to a championship.

9. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AiRuPtHeRe? @ Mar 24 2007, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Arron proved himself today with 24 points vs Kansas. I think his draft stock will rise by draft time if he can lead UCLA to a championship.</div>
    Afflalo was in a zone today, wow. He started off firing and knocking them down, and he just didn't stop. I really like him, he's got an excellent well-rounded game, and he's a very good defensive player. He's going to be a very solid pro for a long time. Not a star, but someone you really like having on your team.

I've seen him mentioned in the 27-33 range on mock drafts, I think he should be 20-25, personally.

10. SirLaker

SirLaker BBW MOD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ Mar 24 2007, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Afflalo was in a zone today, wow. He started off firing and knocking them down, and he just didn't stop. I really like him, he's got an excellent well-rounded game, and he's a very good defensive player. He's going to be a very solid pro for a long time. Not a star, but someone you really like having on your team.I've seen him mentioned in the 27-33 range on mock drafts, I think he should be 20-25, personally.</div>Word. He played played as the true leader he is. Amazing. Making clutch baskets and basically carrying this team, even though everyone stepped up today, especially on defense.

11. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

Afflalo suprised me alot.. He's a great leader and such a great guy to have on your team.. He hit huge shots, but never took any bad shots. The guy can just flat out shoot though - anywhere on the court, he can hit it.. He looked great on defense also, but all those turnovers made both teams look like incredible defensive teams. He will be a very solid pro, could be a steal by whoever drafts him.

12. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

I love Arron Afflalo, I hope the Wizards could somehow get him in the draft and finally dump the trash guards (Roger Mason, Donell Taylor).

13. SirLaker

SirLaker BBW MOD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zards @ Mar 25 2007, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I love Arron Afflalo, I hope the Wizards could somehow get him in the draft and finally dump the trash guards (Roger Mason, Donell Taylor).</div>Well, the Wizards will likely lose Stevenson next year as well, right? So Afflalo would be a great pickup for you guys. I am just hoping the Lakers can pick him up to reunite him with Farmar. :dribble:

14. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

He's an amazing shooter/scorer. NBAdraft.net has him 29th. I think he'd be a huge steal as the 28th pick.

15. SirLaker

SirLaker BBW MOD

The Lakers could get him if they really wanted him...we have the 19th pick and 33rd. If he's left with the 33rd pick, we better pick him up.EDIT: That is, if we still have the same picks.

16. BrewCityBuck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zards @ Mar 25 2007, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I love Arron Afflalo, I hope the Wizards could somehow get him in the draft and finally dump the trash guards (Roger Mason, Donell Taylor).</div> Just what the Wizards need, another swingman.

17. The Truth

The Truth BBW Graphics Team

I think Roger Mason is underrated

18. BrewCityBuck

I think Roger Mason is a 'bleh' end of the bench guard who isn't that good.....

19. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

Roger Mason is just a guy that comes into the game who's role is to mainly shoot the three ball, and I don't mind him that much when he's on, but when he's not, it's really hard to watch. And BCB, we still dont have that 3pt threat that can hit it consistently. We need a guy off the bench who can just score in spurts. Besides, our backup guards are worse than our backup big men. We can still work with the big men we have (Haywood, Blatche, Thomas, and Booth). Those guys are all solid defensively, while the Big Three (Arenas, Butler and Jamison) provide the offense, usually.

20. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

BCB wizards have one realistic Swingman, Caron Butler. Who the F*ck are you thinking about?