The LMA situation

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by santeesioux, Mar 26, 2014.

1. santeesioux

santeesioux Just keep on scrolling by

Trolling the internet
    [video=youtube;S7yO4e9h5Mg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7yO4e9h5Mg[/video]

So say worst case scenario happens, and we miss the playoffs, what if LMA wants to be traded? Do we have a Wolf here to fix this situation? What would you do, and what do you think they could get for him hypothetically?

2. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    If his absence has shown anything, it's that he is the core of our team. Lillard may be its leader, but LA is the difference between us being great and mediocre. You don't trade a player like that.

There's an old saw in the NBA that the team that gets the best player in a trade wins. There's no realistic trade out there where we would get a better player in exchange for Aldridge.

3. rasheedfan2005

rasheedfan2005 Well-Known Member

I'd trade Aldridge for LeBron or Durrant. Not much else worth the L-train.

4. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

That's one way of looking at it, but another way of seeing this is that our team is just extremely weak when it comes to depth. If Rolo went down, how would we do? If Dame went down, I actually think Mo wouldn't do too bad as the starter, but we'd have zero help off the bench.

We still need to improve depth. I really like Robinson. I think he has a ton of potential, but we really need a veteran big off the bench in the worst way.

5. oldmangrouch

oldmangrouch persona non grata

Agreed. If LMA demands a trade, we are boned....and at this point, it may take a miracle to convince him to stay.

6. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

This argument is so tired because it applies to every team in professional sports. When it comes to losing LA, Dame, Or Rolo of course our team would suffer.
    Just like when it comes to losing Lebron (and as we have seen by MIA's recent record), Wade, or Bosh the defending champs would suffer. Improving our depth (while still necessary) would barely lessen the impact of losing one of our pillars.

7. Natebishop3

Some teams have these things called veterans. You know the ones. They're those guys who have played in the league a long time and know how to carry the load for a short period of time? Yeah, we don't have a lot of those guys on this team. We have Mo Williams and Dorell Wright. Neither of those guys happen to be power forwards. We lost our starting power forward and had to play a small forward in his spot. That shows a lack of depth.

Will there be a dropoff when you lose your All-Star power forward? Sure, but a team that was competing for third in the west shouldn't turn into a complete pile of shit because they lost one player for a few games. That illustrates a lack of depth.

8. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

It just goes to show how much we rely on our BEST player. If a team like Indiana loses Paul George I think the only reason they don't go to shit is because they are in the east. If they were in the West, yes they would go to shit.

9. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    I'd rather trade Stotts. He just isn't getting it done. This makes 2 years in a row where we're completely collapsing down the stretch.

10. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Trading Aldridge for team depth is the most uninteresting trade proposal of the decade.
    An up grade to every position on the bench would make the Blazers at the best, a mediocre team if they are without Aldridge

11. cmeese47

cmeese47 Well-Known Member

Last year we tanked intentionally

12. ppilot

ppilot Member

We were struggling even with Aldridgein the line up so LA is the difference between us being mediocre and bad.

13. cmeese47

cmeese47 Well-Known Member

Possible LMA trade destinations

Since this has become a popular topic I decided to look at a couple places where Portland might find decent value for LMA if they decided to trade him this summer.

Boston Celtics
    Boston is a big time market and the fans there will not tolerate a long rebuild. Lamarcus Aldridge would be a big time piece that could bring the team back to relevancy quickly. Boston will be in the lottery this year and in addition to that pick the team has an additional 6 first round picks owed to them between now and 2018. Boston's number 1 this year, and either the Nets or Hawks pick this year whatever is lower, Avery Bradley and a future number 1 would be a decent package for LMA.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2014/ Has the Celtics taking Julius Randle #4

He could end up as a quality replacement for LMA and we would have Bradley and two additional picks.

Will post more after work.

14. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Re: Possible LMA trade destinations

LOL!

15. BLAZER PROPHET

BLAZER PROPHET Well-Known Member

dental malpractice claims adjuster
    The one and only trade scenario wherein we trade LA is if he informs the team he will not resign under any circumstances and we trade him as an expiring contract to a team he might be interested in playing for. Since that hasn't happened, I call "meh" on the thread.

16. Natebishop3

I didn't say anything about trading him in that post. I'm merely saying that him sitting out and our struggles have a lot to do with our lack of depth.

17. RoyToy

RoyToy Clown Town

So we're back to Aldridge possibly wanting out, when some of of us last year said trade him and tank for the 2014 draft class.

Now the Blazers have to pray he wants to stay.

Always a great position to be in.........................................................

This will be the offseason that Neil Olshey will show whether he has the brain and/or balls to put a real contender on the floor. This team as constructed isn't shit, especially with the finesse head coach that relies on the 3 and doesn't coach defense. Soft.

18. jlprk

jlprk The ESPN mod is insane.

retired, while you work!
    For years, we have sucked at season end. Usually a player is injured, so praise gets heaped on him as the missing link.

We've sucked since December or January, long before Aldridge went out. This season should not be remembered as being ruined because Aldridge missed the end of it.

19. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    When did LA hurt his groin? It was before the All Star break.

20. blue9

blue9 Well-Known Member

Precisely.