Where's your UFC interest level at, homie?

Discussion in 'MMA - Mixed Martial Arts' started by speeds, Apr 5, 2014.

1. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

I've gotta say, with the big stars gone, the market over-saturated with middling fight cards, the Fight Pass flop, and TUF having been steered into shore and run aground and burned, my interest level in the UFC and in MMA has waned. In fact I can't think of a fight that I'm really looking forward to at the moment. I used to get much more pumped up about big fights. For a couple of years I hardly missed a prelim fight let alone an event. I think I've missed three in 2014.

I think partial credit for this goes to Dana White acting like a complete bastard for a solid year and making me regret supporting his endeavours.

It's going to be business as usual here on the MMA board but I can't speak to the level of enthusiasm I'll be bringing. Is this the case for everyone else? Can anyone say they are more interested in MMA than they were a year or two ago?

[​IMG]

2. ktrulez

ktrulez blessed era

My interest level has waned off for quite a bit. I am still interesting in seeing certain fighters in action but no longer am I all eager to be in front of a TV at 8PM.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  3. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

I have lost interest significantly in the last year. I think most of my friends have as well.

4. JFizzleRaider

JFizzleRaider Sad Panda Global Moderator

Lost most of my interest. But, you can pretty much say that with football and basketball for me too

5. The_Lillard_King

The_Lillard_King Westside

I've lost interest in that I don't watch MMA action regularly anymore and rarely search to find MMA on TV. (I maybe watch 3-5 fights month)

For me it seems there is so much MMA going on it does feel saturated. Also, with all the leagues and fighters complaining about UFC, I don't even know what a good matchup is anymore.

But I still come here to catch up on MMA news, so your content is still appreciated speed.

6. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

I'm still down for most of the champion fights and rising fighters like Gus, and the exciting fights like Hendo/Shogun, Roy/whoever, but I do feel that the UFC is completely over saturated now. There are too many different TUFs, too many different channels to watch a fight on (Fight pass, Fox, FS1, FS2, PPV, Facebook), too many cards with low quality talent. They've definitely stretched themselves thin.

7. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Well-Known Member

yep, my interest is way down too. Too many events has lead to too many unknown fighters and too many fights between a new fighters first and second apperance so there is less of a connect with them.
    the fight cards now sometimes have 1-2 interesting fights as opposed to 5-7 just a few years ago. there's something to be said about knowing both fighters relatively well and having a larger vested interest in the outcome because of it. It'd be like watching the euro-league finals for most nba/college bball fans. It's still basketball, but it's not the same when you barely know any players.

I knew 5 yrs ago that as the salaries rose, especially for the headliners and champs, more and more would fight to not lose, go to the decision and retain their status/paycheck and stop trying to finish fights and win.