Kick-start Funding Idea: Cushions for Rolo?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Prue, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Prue

Prue Member

I have to ask because i've never heard anyone but Mike Rice even mention about Rolo laying down on the sidelines when he comes out of the game. I think its great, he's keeping pressure off his back and all....but do we all need to chip in to get him like a yoga mat or something at least?

I see him work hard out for a shift then have to come over to the sideline and ask nicely to the towel attendant for an extra one so he can roll it up into a makeshift pillow. It's a scene straight out of some late-night TV commercial where your 25 cents a day can save an entire village in some far away 3rd world country.

I know nothing about official regulations concerning the bench area. I know I've seen teams bring stationary bikes out into the tunnels or at the end of the bench to keep players warm if they have an injury. It just seems that SOMETHING could be done for the big guy.

2. Hobbesarable

Hobbesarable Cartoon Character

Maybe he prefers lying down without a cushion. I do when I need to stretch my back on a hard, flat surface.

3. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

This. I think it is against the rules to have an object in that area which makes sense if you think about it.

4. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Maybe they can lower a hammock from the ceiling for him. Just raise it back into the rafters when he's playing.

5. Prue

Prue Member

Do we call it the Bat-Bed? Bat-Chaise-Lounge? .....no no...we need to re-design the bench area at the end and make a marked off section of floor with a padded mat and call it the Bat Cave!

6. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    I'm sure if he wanted one, he can afford one.