OT: A Word of Thanks and Gratitude ot Every poster on this great site

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by Mattingly23NY, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
    I want to take a moment to thank all of you here, for your well wishes and condolences over and with my wife Kim.

She is home now after long to long in UCLA Hosptial. She is epliptic, and the last weeks have been beyond trials. She has been heavily sedated, yet grand mall seizures have racked her fragile brain for to long.

She is recovering now, and I want to Thank YOu all individually and collectively for your show of support.

It is overwhelming how much you all have meant to me, and to Kim, in these trying times. She is still not back to 100%, and that will take perhaps a few more weeks. I am required to be her full time nurse while she is at home. I love my wife of 32 years, my true soul mate. A very hard thing to find a soul mate in this world, as so few seem to exists. So few seem to know a soul mate when they see one, yet in all fairness, so few are in fact capable of being soul mates.

the first quality of a soul mate is always willing to sacrifice themselves for one, who seems to be an eternal soul, who has been searching for completeness, giving of themselves unselfishly for the good of another, (their soul mate).

That being said, I want to thank all of you great people, my true good friends, who have shown support in these most trying times. I have never gone 4 nights and days with no sleep, until I thought I was going to have a heart attack, (NO kidding), then a few hours sleep, and pulling down another 4 hours of NO sleep.

I think what wasn't grey in my hair has all but turned grey this last 2 weeks, and aged a good few more years.

enough of my probs...
    I just want to thank all you great people for your concerns, your heartfelt concerns. If no one has ever told you all, your the best, please know I am grateful to know all of you, and thrilled to chat with you. YOu guys are my outlet from these hard times. That is when Kim is not in need of help. I got online in between KIms sleeping at 4 am, simply to say my heartfelt thanks to all of you...Words at this point cannot say what the heart is feeling...........

Bless all you my brothers and sisters, always in all ways......may your paths be filled with peace, prosperity and most of all good health.

I'm slipping in late at night, and hope to be back online soon as time will allow, as Kim heals and gets better. she slept for 8 hours all night last night, the first time she has had more than 3-4 hours sleep in one attempt in 2 weeks.

Epilepsy is a bitch with no care who it strikes.

Thanks again my brothers, and Yankee Fans.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  2. Rick2583

Rick2583 Chairman of the board

No need for thanks Rob, You're a good man. Stand by Kim & get her well, get yourself some much needed rest. That's the most important thing right now. We're not going anywhere. You just do what you have to do to get your life back in order. I think I can speak for everyone here when I say that our thoughts & prayers are with you. Stay well my friend.

3. Yankeefan5545

Yankeefan5545 Well-Known Member

Retired
    Best wishes & God Speed to a speedy recovery for your significant other & soul mate. Stay ready, rock steady.

4. Hammerojustice

Hammerojustice Chief Caveman, Keeper of Thor's Hammer

I second this... No need to thank us. Stay strong and I'll be praying for your best as well as your wife's best.

5. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

...f' that...I not only want thanks, but I want my damned bag of Chee-tos !

6. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Nothing but my best of you and your wife. You're a good man and it's great to see you helping her so much when she needs you the most.

7. Pastafazul

Pastafazul Banned User BANNED

thoughts & prayers matt23 to your wife & family. 26 years ago i lost my brother to a brain tumor the size of an orange in his head, he was gone in 3 days, no symptoms had seizure and that was it. Monday the 1st of april was the anniversary of his death, i went to cemetery that day, i called my mom from there, she can't go to cemetery, its too tough for her, he was her first born, i put my cell phone to my brother head stone told my mom to say a prayer to Danny, the very next day my mom had a seizure, diagnosed with brain tumor, she has to go for more tests in next few weeks.. life is crazy, but worth living! God Bless.

8. Rick2583

It brings a smile to my face when I see people that are 40,50 & even 60 just hanging out with there folks. I never got that chance as I lost both my parents by the time I was 16 But I've often wondered how good it would have been to share a few beers with my dad. Or went to a game. Or maybe just to shoot a game of pool. I say this Pasta so you'll cherish (not that you don't) whatever time you can with them. Tonight I'll create a space in my prayers to put one out for your mom. As I often tell Rob (Matt23)......stay strong.

9. Pastafazul

much appreciated Rick, i know you have had more then your fair share a health related issues, you & your family are in my prayers as well! My dad is still alive as well as mom, a tough father who everyone i grew up knew about, we are not close, but speak often, it was extrememly difficult for me to see him crying over my mom after she had seizure...my mom was and is a good woman, nothin but love & respect, sorry you didn't have time with your mom & dad, thats something very hard to accept! i'm sure you have made up for it with your grandchildren.

10. Rick2583

When I can my friend. My daughter lives in Colorado with my middle grandson (7) and my son lives in Florida with my other 2 grandsons (8 & 4) We talk several times a week & we visit as often as possible.

BTW: what's your mom's name? It'll sound strange in my prayers if I say, "Please keep an eye on PASTA'S mom"

11. Berra_10_W.S.Rings

Berra_10_W.S.Rings Member

Brother Bobert-

Thanks for calling yesterday, were glad to hear Kim is slowly recovering. Your sister is concerned enough for both of you, that she told me this morning, she booked a plane ticket to come see you guys, and will arrive Saturday Morning.

She has been itching to come out and see the family, as you know she has only been to Caly once in the last ten years, (when your Mom's passed last Mothers day), and she feels bad she hasn't been out more often.

I as you know will never fly in another airplane, not after (like you working on them all my life). So I am going to try and take in either some Royals games or Cards.

Wish I was there, but they don't make a long enough rope to attach to the airplane, and if they did, those damn things go to fast for my parachute.

Stay in touch, and I will call you tomorrow at noon your time. Give Kim our love.

Hang in there bro.

12. Mattingly23NY

Thanks Rick, you've been a personal great help thru all this, and staying in close touch. I admire and appreciate that.

Kim's asleep, been so for a few hours, and I burn the late night oil, before I lay my weary head down to sleep, I pray the good Lord my soul mate to keep. See Ya' soon. I hope.

13. Mattingly23NY

Thanks Yank Fan born in 45. Touche to you in the Eagle's Nest, you've seen things I can only imagine, or see in film. Hope you've been enjoying that great weather of late. That's been one of the few constants in life this last couple of weeks. Desert Nights still a bit chilly, tho' a nice break from the heat of day. Nice breezy wind to keep the days heat minimal.

You know I heard I heard that tune on the truck radio the day I brought Kim home, no shit..!!! 'Turn on your light and stay with me awhile, and Rock Steady....so that's what I'm a doing, staying close to my rock, soul mate that is, and rocking her steady, as that is the name of the game, to keep one calm, & prevent any arrthymias.

So often I realize how much I take, rather took life for granted for so long. It's a blessing to have rock steady nerves, in the faces of adversities.

Hell, what would a batter do with shaky hands. or no check on the nerves when he faced Sandy Koufax's chin music? Get back in there, grit ones teeth, and time that son of a bitch white blur......I guess, tho' I'm dreaming now, and its been a long day, and I'm ready to cut some logs.
    Touche my friend.

14. Mattingly23NY

Hang in there Steve. Good things come to those who toil, and suffer from the hard curves life throws at us. I know your one good young man, with the perfect proper outlook and approach on life. Your on track as good as one could ever get, yet I am not worthy to say. All I know, is you too have suffered your heart, and the love of your own ill wife. I pray for you both so you too may both get beyond this trial of health, love and the pursuit of happiness.

This too shall pass, young man. This too will make us all the stronger, better, and more giving of heart and soul, to our own soul mates, which is what keeps our own, and family we have began, going strong. It is a hope, that is not a wish things were different, it IS a calling of which we apply ourselves to creating a better tomorrow, made better for all by our own involvement in the affairs of what effects us most. I know your road is long, and soon it shall to pass, and I pray is over once your wife gives birth.

I know what your going through, though I went through a similar fate with Kim. Her predicament far outweighed mine, when she was pregnant, with more than several womens share of complications. I didnt' even tell you the worse, which left her in the hospital for four months after she gave birth. But you must KNOW, that one was NOT due to conditon with the 2nd son, it was a blood clot condition with the 3rd one. To clarify, our 2nd son, gave kim the very health ailment your wife has now, and she pulled out of that well, sort of, in the long run yes. In the short it was hell, and each day was a wonder she was alive. With the 3rd, she got blood clots, then on heavy warfarin, she bled out, and we damn near lost her on that one.

As much in 2000, after moving back here from the Southern States. Kim no sooner was home 3 days, and she aspirated from a grand mall. To make a long story short, the Hospital gave her a full dose of Adavan (once a anasethsia), and Morphine, 30 minutes later, when I returned down the hall with a cup of coffee, the night nurse on her first call, walked into Kims room, and gave her another 2nd maximum dose of Adavan and Morphine. I yelled what the fuck are you doing. The idiot nurse grabbed a crash car, and I yelled get the fuck out of the room, your going to kill her. she's not breathing, she has a pulse, that nurse was pushed so far out of the room, by the CODE BLUE onslaught of a dozen each doctors and nurses from out of the woodwork, they flew.

all we can do is stay on top of every move when you can...and that is easier said than done. Keep a close eye, I know you of all will, Steve. Bless you and your wife, and sons, you will be in our prayers for a very long time.
    Need I say I am very leary of hospitals and health professionals. But what is one to do, when they are not a licensed M.D.

15. Mattingly23NY

Ahhh, keep an eye out tomorrow for a low flying C-130 Cargo Plane, flying over your house. He will make a bank around your place as he locate a field to make his chute drop. You will find a pallet of Industrial Cases of Cheetos, on express delivery.

One word, well two of caution. Don't try to catch the pallet, ooopppssss, can't believe I said that, chalk that one up to exhaustion, this old mind is beyond order, or sanity at this juncture.

2nd caution. Stand back and blow the pallet, using the pyro string attached to the enclosed pallet. The lid will blow off, and watch your head when it comes down.
    Now, when opening the Jumbob industrial cases, cut slowly with a cardboard cutter. Be extremely cautios, because these crates are known to carry highly volatile HOLY FLYING CHEETOHS. If you have an excess, you can always burn them in a Batmobile, and ever your antique Ford Tractor will have NO problem digesting them for food, their mostly aerated corn methane.

Enjoy my friend, the cheetohs are on the way....Batman.

16. Mattingly23NY

Gretzky to Messier, I still hear those words true as if the were yesterday, I admire you SN after the great Messier, we knew he was a HOFer before he even came to the Rangers.

Yes, Kim right now has better suprervison at home, than a chance with a ding dong doctor, when I go fetch coffee, or freshen up. never know who or what screw ups to expect, I am on guard to much at times, as many only come in to do their jobs which they did so well, that is bring her comfort in some way. I guess once snake bit, twice shy.

Forgive my NHL ramblin. After all Don Marcotte an old Bruin Defensemen during Orr's day, is a cousin. Being Canuck by a 2nd generation, I can never get the ice sport we all were born to love, as much as baseball in Canada. But Blasphey, I was born here, and told don't long for Habitats De Canadiens, when your in Ameirca Boy, my old Grandpa would say. Born in Montreal in 1885, he would also say, your an American now, damn it talk English, there will be no French spoken in my house.

Oh well, Laissez les bon temps roulette............!!! yeehaw.

Coffe brings it out of the back of the net, flips it to Greatzky, off to Andersen, drives it in, back flips puck between the legs of his defender, off the boards comes the puck, Messier picks it up in open ice, dekes a pass to Kurri, finds Greatzky in front of the net, while Coffey decoys the shot on goal, and the great one has eyes in the back of his head.

thanks messiah for your well wishes over the week, your a good person, as is everyone here. Thank you very much messiah, forgive my late night burned out brain ramblings, just wanted to say thanks and high, before I go really this time, go PASS OUT. Good night and have a pleasant tomorrow.
    Bob

I dug the 93 Stanley Cup season, playoffs with the Maple Leafs in best of 7, with Gretzky's fatal miracle shot on goal to win in OT in game 6, and 7, within a minute or two of OT. Blake back to get it, hands it off to The Great One, Gretzky to Kurri, Kurri runs it in, back to Gretzky, over to Robitaille in the flat, scores.......

I got to say, Patrick Roy to me, was the Babe Ruth of all Goalies. I love Brodeur, Hasek, tons of others, yet those were the best IMO. Can't forget Fuhr and others.

17. Mattingly23NY

I am sorry for the torture of life, it revealed to you, Yep, cry over your mom having a seizure would be most warranted, tho its a hell of a site for any young man or woman to endear.

I don' wish nothing ill on that ever. Your a hardened but soft soul, enough to keep the ice from freezing pasta.

Hardened because lime myself, I still was worrying on my wife doctor hospital bills. Seems those Samaritans are rarely present that day, so it seemed. So yes is but one breathe at a time.

i am thrilled to you anytme pasta.....

18. Pastafazul

down south for a spell..

rick, my moms name is anne, and matt23, if i can be of any help, please don't hesitate to ask.. thank you all for your kind words, all of you & families remain in my prayers

19. Rick2583

Pasta, check out the thread titled "What if????" your input is required. And thanks for the name.

20. Mattingly23NY

I too will be praying for your Mom Anne, Pastafazul.

It grieves me to hear of your own dilemas and trials, hang in there Pasta, your a darn good man, life often throws us some incredible curveballs no doubt. As long as its not chin music I guess we will see this through in time, even if we have to dust ourselves off, just in case life does throw us some chin music....
    Hang in there buddy, you got some good buddies talking with Angels, no doubt.

I'm going to see the movie tomorrow, if the health of my wife will allow, maybe not, we want to see "Heaven is for Real", I read the book already and its stunning, reminds me of Tibetan Tulku experiences.

I also picked up a book by a Neurosurgeon Brain doctor, who had numerous patients tell him of after life experiences after being awakened from brain surgery. He used to debunk those peoples beliefs, saying they were neurological dreams. Then he too had brain surgery, and similar experiences. The surgeon retired after his own surgery, and devoted his life, to speaking publicly and pursuing a life of telling others of his own beliefs, a very educated man, who has seen more than the light, i guess.

I'll let you know the author and book title here soon, in a PM.

Best to you and yours Pasta, and thanks always for your well wishes.