Jeter's thoughts on Brodeur

Discussion in 'New Jersey Devils' started by Hammerojustice, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Hammerojustice

Hammerojustice Chief Caveman, Keeper of Thor's Hammer

I agree with Jeter... "I hope he gets to finish exactly how he wants to finish. If he wants to come back (to New Jersey) then I hope he gets that opportunity."

That being said, what else does he need to prove? He already has 688 wins (137 more than next in line - Patrick Roy & 801 wins if you include playoffs), most regular season shutouts with 121 ahead of #2 Terry Sawchuck who is 21 back and died just after his 21st season in 1970, most post season shutouts with 24 (1 ahead of Roy), most playoff shutouts in 1 season with 7, most wins in a season with 48, most games and minutes played, most 20-or-more win seasons, most consecutive 20-or-more win seasons, most 30-or-more win seasons, most consecutive 30-or-more win seasons, most 40-or-more win seasons, most consecutive 40-or-more win seasons, and was the youngest goaltender to reach each the 300, 400, 500, and 600 win plateaus... (only one with 600 or more), most goals by a goaltender in both regular season and (tied) post season with 2 and 1 respectively… What else is left?

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/04/16/sweeny-jeter-hopes-devils-great-brodeur-gets-to-go-out-on-his-terms/