LeBron...moving on when the deal is done?

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by BrewCityBuck, Mar 29, 2007.

1. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

The general feeling is LeBron James is almost certain to move on given the older team the Cavs have put together and limited likelihood they'll go anywhere in the playoffs.-- Chicago TribuneJust read this on SI.com....what do you guys think/make of this?

2. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Just read this on SI.com....what do you guys think/make of this?</div>I think Knicks and Laker fans will have a lot to say.

3. LAZY

LAZY BBW Elite Member

I personally think it's hilarious if he moves teams

4. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

I thought he just bought a huge house outside of Clevelend? I think LeBron will stick around for awhile. They actually have a shot at getting to the conference championship because they wont have to play the Heat or Pistons this year. I just cant see LeBron anywhere else until he turns 30 and gets bored there lol.

5. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

I dont think he will, hometown area, hes the franchise player etc....saying that, LeBron is too smart to stick around of the Cavs dont get any better...

6. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

All in all this is going to be a big choice for LeBron come 2010. The cavs have built an old team with him leading the way now he has to learn from history. Other teams that were built like this in the past were the Philadelphia 76ers and the Minnesota Timberwolves. However if LeBron takes an active role in discussing how he feels about his team and what they need to the general manging then the cavs can avoid this. An example of this is Jordan who in his first three years although he made hte playoffs all three years they had records of between 30 and 40 wins then a young swingman rookie came in. LeBron has to make it clear that he wants a ring and will leave if the Cavs dont build a championship roster, for god sakes he is the most talented in the game today. It really comes down to what matter to LeBron, a ring or the cash.

7. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

Well first of all, his contract isn't up until 2010 because he signed that extension, so it is way too early to tell. A lot of things can happen between now and then...

8. SirLaker

SirLaker BBW MOD

The only team I see him joining is the Nets. Plenty of rumors about that already. LeBron said he would love to play for JayZ and considering the Nets are moving to Brooklyn it would be perfect.

9. Roaming

Roaming Back In Black! erm...in Colour!

I think this will kind of force Cavs GM to make some real risky descisions between now and 2010, if a move doesn't impress Lebron, I think he is as good as gone. He also wont rest for anything less than a ECF in the next couple years. I dont mind Lebron feeling like this, but he should try even harder to prove his worth.

10. Something-To-Say

Something-To-Say BBW Banned

.... I made a topic on this before and the only ones to respond were idiot cavs fans telling me I was stupid.I absolutely think he'll move on. He's kinda getting used to the NBA through Cleveland, and once he's more settled he'll move onto a bigger market team.

11. Trail_Blazer

Trail_Blazer BBW Member

Interesting... I think he should stay in Cleveland and be a Cav as long as possible... Though I wouldn't hate him if he decided to make a move in 2010... It'll be interesting to see how well Cleveland does these next 3 years, if they do better than expected, I imagine he'll stick it out...As someone already mentioned, it's entirely too early to speculate though.

12. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

He will move on I am sure if he asks for advice from KG, or AI they will tell him to make sure that team has a chance if it's not going anywere and they are not trying to get a better team get out. LOL AI+KG was loyal were did that get them? No rings, and they want that like crazy. Lebron be stupid not to leave if they don't try to put a team together that can win.He is friends with Jay-Z so I see that possible going to the Nets they moving to so might be a good choice even though it won't be good for my Sixers I would go up to NY to watch Lebron as a Net a few times.

13. HoNgKoNgKoBe

HoNgKoNgKoBe BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Mar 29 2007, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He will move on I am sure if he asks for advice from KG, or AI they will tell him to make sure that team has a chance if it's not going anywere and they are not trying to get a better team get out. LOL AI+KG was loyal were did that get them? No rings, and they want that like crazy. Lebron be stupid not to leave if they don't try to put a team together that can win.He is friends with Jay-Z so I see that possible going to the Nets they moving to so might be a good choice even though it won't be good for my Sixers I would go up to NY to watch Lebron as a Net a few times.</div>If he was loyal to the team I doubt he'll ask to be traded. But it can be very frustrated if a trade won't impress Lebron and help him out. But afterall its every players dream to win the title.

14. Pacers fan forever

Pacers fan forever BBW Elite Member

If the Cavs put a good team around him by 2010 then he will probably stay but otherwise - yeah, he will move because he seems to want to win.

15. KobeBryant_24

KobeBryant_24 BBW Elite Member

LeBron, Lakers want u. [​IMG]

16. Amare320

Amare320 BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigMo763 @ Mar 29 2007, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Well first of all, his contract isn't up until 2010 because he signed that extension, so it is way too early to tell. A lot of things can happen between now and then...</div>Yes!People, teams change very quickly and because the cavs have James I expect them to be grabing some younger players in the next couple of offseasons and through the drafts, not particularly will the whole team change but most of it, by 2010 im sure the cavs will be stacked with some good talent at most positions on there team and well from now till then some of the younger players could have improved, I seriosly doubt LeBron the ''King'' is going anywere, Danny Ferry isn't going to let him.

17. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

Yeah, the Cavs need to stock pile more talented players to play with Lebron, and get rid of all the old scrubs that they have. Also, another thing.....Why the F*ck do the Cavs play such slow basketball? it is a waste to not run when you've got an athlete like Lebron on the team.

18. Pacers fan forever

Pacers fan forever BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ Mar 29 2007, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, the Cavs need to stock pile more talented players to play with Lebron, and get rid of all the old scrubs that they have. Also, another thing.....Why the F*ck do the Cavs play such slow basketball? it is a waste to not run when you've got an athlete like Lebron on the team.</div>They run slow basketball because Lebron always has the ball in his hands. They always run a one on one with him which is why I believe it'll be harder for Lebron to win a chip than other players unless he settles down and doesn't demand every play run through him. He's very talented but one on one plays off of picks by anderson varejou is not going to win you titles.

19. Roaming

Roaming Back In Black! erm...in Colour!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ Mar 29 2007, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, the Cavs need to stock pile more talented players to play with Lebron, and get rid of all the old scrubs that they have. Also, another thing.....Why the F*ck do the Cavs play such slow basketball? it is a waste to not run when you've got an athlete like Lebron on the team.</div>I always asked that when it came to the Lakers. They ran that triangle awfullly slow. Ive never seen Kobe run if he wasnt on a breakaway. Lamar Odom walks back down the court half the time.

20. Drake24

Drake24 BBW Elite Member

Honestly, if he were to leave, I would offically hate him. Just like that. I would be suprised if he leaves. He created a franchise here in Cleveland- to just up and leave without finishing, that shows no commitment, class, or anything. Legends aren't made of quitters. Michael Jordan would not approve.