...bitch slapping the Rays so far

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by yankeesince59, Apr 17, 2014.

1. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

...6 hit and 4 runs off Price in 2 innings...plus a triple play.

2. Rick2583

Rick2583 Chairman of the board

Yeah & it real nice of that cop out in right field to not even put a hand out to help break Beltran fall. The fat bastard just sat there, even after Beltran landed. God forbid he put his hot dog down & get off his lard-ass to help the guy up.

3. yankeesince59

...TB hospitality.

...and still kicking the shit out of Price,

4. Rick2583

I mentioned that on the game thread. Looks like you & I are the only 2 here tonight Ron.

5. yankeesince59

...meh, no biggie, I don't usually post during games anyway.

6. Rick2583

This game has had a little bit of everything. aside from the Obvious (triple play & HRs) I'm always glad to see a well all around game by Jeter who's made some very good plays in the field & Brian Roberts 2 extra base hits.

7. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
    I would of loved to seen the game.

Not broadcast today, tomorrow or saturday maybe.

got to only see the Blue Jays squander a 5-Zip lead, with EIGHT walks in one inning, 5 runs walked in, and the ball was still not put into play, until batter #9, who drove in 2 more with a Left-CF line drive gapper to the wall....WTF-8 straight walks....~~~!!!

Mitch Williams reminded us of his Cubbie performance as a starter, 8 straight walks, down 4 to Zip, and still not a ball put into play. The rest is history, and Joe Carter tells the story well....

Man, I will never forget watching Joe Carter hit a solo HR in the Fog of Chavez Ravine, at 1:39 in the wee hours of morn to break a scoreless tie, when the Padres (Robbie Alomar era) trumped the Bums 1-Zip on that great empty stadium night. Nothing like going to Chavez when a game goes into OT, shit the stadium is 90 percent empty when any game goes beyond the 7th inning stretch IF its a night game or week night game.

On that occassion it was a late Friday night, sold out house, and empty still by the bottom of the 7th. some games you can get up and sit behind home plate by the 6th innning....still Puigy and all..........

8. Yankeefan5545

Yankeefan5545 Well-Known Member

Retired
    Police Headquarters in St Petersburg is the Dunkin Donuts on US 19. They have some chunky cheeses is the Department.

9. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
    I hear that Dunkin Donuts is a full blown Command Center...! hehe.

I can't help but reminisce on my late little brother, when it comes to being a Cop and Donuts.

He graduated from L.A. Sheriff Department Academy. At the post-grad party, 19 of us brought at least one huge box of two dozen donuts. Donut boxes were literally piled up 7-8 feet high on his table and counters.
    He swore at each one of us, as we brought in more and more donuts, with his patented shit eating grin, and chuckle.
    He never did eat not one of those Donuts. He was overly conscious about his health, physique, and all the hard training and work that made the man a 250 lb. 6'5" monster, benching 400lbs in repetitions. He never stopped at a Donut Shop, and once he became a Sergeant, he forbid any Deputy to stop at a Donut Shop, not even for coffee. Coffee was to be bought at a all night Diner, or from the Sheriff Station.

Needless to say, even with all the conscious effort to remain in tip top condition, he passed from a fatal cardiac arrest one week after his 37th Birthday. 6 years ago, Feb. 5th. RIP Monster, you "Protected and Served" above the call of duty.