Steve Mason is OUT tomorrow

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by chuckd3534, Apr 19, 2014.

1. chuckd3534

chuckd3534 Well-Known Member

Flyers goalie Steve Mason has declared himself OUT tomorrow in game two against the Rangers and he will not be backing up Ray Emery. (Sarah Baicker, Katie Strang and Frank Seravalli)

Mason is targeting Tuesday in Philly as his return.

2. chuckd3534

No excuses. Home, have the mo, Hank over Emery. Step on their throats guys. 2-0 lead and we are in great shape.

3. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."

After seeing all the deflection goals in the
    Blues-Hawks game. Just keep shooting the
    puck at the net. GO Rangers.

4. chuckd3534

That is what I liked about game 1, we shot from everywhere. Made Emery handle the puck. I can't count how many times we made Emery make a save and cover the puck for a faceoff in the Flyers end. We need to keep doing that. Should be our game plan for sure.

5. Disturbed

Disturbed Well-Known Member

Software
    Definitely time to win a game 2 at MSG. Flyers are going to come out hitting and playing fast aggressive hockey tomorrow with likely an increased focus of putting pucks on net. Hopefully the Rangers are ready. I think the 1st period will tell us a lot

6. chuckd3534

Agree 100% Dis. We will get the Flyers best game tomorrow. They know if they lose it is almost series over, or at least HUGE edge Rangers to win this series. They know they must win it.

With that said no excuses. Come out at home in game 2 with the killer instinct for once please. Home against a team we have won 9 straight over at MSG, facing a backup goalie, with Hank in goal...and we have no excuses. Get it done...

Emery is solid as far as backups go, but he is average at best, and is a step down from Mason no doubt IMO. Wasn't his fault in game 1, don't think you can blame him on any goals, but he can be gotten to I believe. We just need to do it.

7. Disturbed

Software
    Something tells me Rangers will come out flat tomorrow....Really really hope they dont

8. chuckd3534

Something Dis...how about everything we have seen from this team the past few seasons...LOL. We only know the hard way. Never had a two game lead in any series.

I will add this, with Pitt tied at 1, and having a real chance to get beat. Boston best case tied at 1, and the Wings going to battle them every game, it really is an amazing situation for the Rangers to take advantage of.

Get a win tomorrow and maybe set up a shorter than 7 game series. Let the Pens sweat out 6 or 7 with the BJ's, if they even survive. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS.

BTW...I wish we would get JD here when Sather retires. Turned around the Blues AND the BJ's. He is great.

9. Disturbed

Software
    Yeah I guess its because we have seen this movie before. I just feel like the building will be flat with an early start and we could be down 2 goals early

Hopefully the opposite happens. The building is loud and the team comes out and puts a barrage on Emery and dominates

10. RagFan4Ever

RagFan4Ever Member

That is the way it should be but this is our team. Never go the easy route.