2013-14 Season Record
54-28 (23-18 ROAD)
54-28 (33-8 HOME)
WHEN: 6:30 PM, SUNDAY, 4/20/2014
WHERE: Toyota Center, Houston, TX
S T A R T E R S
PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS
DAMIAN LILLARD , WESLEY MATTHEWS
NICOLAS BATUM , LAMARCUS ALDRIDGE
PATRICK BEVERLEY, JAMES HARDEN
CHANDLER PARSONS, TERRENCE JONES
PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS
WILLIAMS , BARTON , WRIGHT , ROBINSON , FREELAND
LIN , HAMILTON , CASSPI , MOTIEJUNAS , ASIK
- VS –
TERRY STOTTS--- KEVIN MCHALE
BLAZERS' GAME NOTES
• The Rockets won the regular season series, 3-1 over the Trail Blazers. Both teams scored over 100 points in each of the four games.
• Houston won the ﬁrst matchup, 116-101, on Nov. 5 in Portland, while the Trail Blazers came back to win the second matchup, 111-104, on Dec. 12 in Portland. Houston prevailed in the ﬁ nal two matchups at home, winning 126-113, on Jan. 20 and 118-113 in overtime on March 9.
• In four games this season, the Rockets averaged 116.0 points against the Trail Blazers, the second-highest average against Portland in the NBA this year (L.A. Clippers, 117.0). Portland scored 438 total points against Houston this season, their third-highest point total against any opponent.
• The Trail Blazers held a 89-73 advantage in assists and a 62-55 advantage over the Rockets in offensive rebounds.
• LaMarcus Aldridge owns a career average of 21.1 points per game against Houston, his third-highest average against any opponent (Dallas, Detroit).
• In 13 of the past 15 meetings between Portland and Houston, the winning team has scored 100-plus points.
• In four games against the Rockets, LaMarcus Aldridge scored 107 total points, his highest point total against any team this season. Aldridge also grabbed a total of 62 rebounds against Houston, his highest rebounding total against any opponent and second-highest rebounding average (15.5).
• Wesley Matthews scored 81 points in four games against the Rockets, tied for his highest point total against any opponent this season. Matthews also averaged 20.3 points against Houston, tied for his third-highest scoring average against any team this year.
• LaMarcus Aldridge recorded his 400th ﬁeld goal of the season in the Jan. 20 matchup against the Rockets.
• Three Trail Blazers recorded double-doubles against the Rockets in the March 9 contest (LaMarcus Aldridge - 28 points, 12 rebounds; Robin Lopez - 11 points, 11 rebounds; Mo Williams - 10 points, 11 assists).
• Of the 44 season series between the two teams, the Trail Blazers have taken the regular season series 12 times, Houston has taken 22, and 10 have been split.
PLAYOFFS SERIES NOTES
• Portland and Houston have met in the playoffs three times previously, all in the ﬁrst round, with Houston winning all three series.
• The Trail Blazers were defeated by the Rockets in 1987 (1-3), in 1994 (1-3) and in 2009 (2-4).
• In the 2009 Playoff series, Portland had the fourth seed while the Rockets had the ﬁfth seed. Houston won Game 1 in Portland and went on to win the series in six games.
• The Trail Blazers had home court advantage over the Rockets in two out of three playoff series (1987, 2009).
• LaMarcus Aldridge and Nicolas Batum are the only current Trail Blazers who were members of the last Trail Blazers team to face the Rockets in the Playoffs (2009).
• Houston does not have any current players from their 2009 Playoff roster
PLAYOFFS HEAD-TO-HEAD HISTORY
PLAYOFFS, ALL-TIME: Rockets lead, 10-4
IN PORTLAND: Trail Blazers lead, 4-3
IN HOUSTON: Rockets lead, 7-0
HAPPY EASTER and GO BLAZERS!