Thread: ROUND 1, GAME 1: BLAZERS @ ROCKETS - 4/20/14, SUNDAY, 6:30 PM (PST), TNT & KGW

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
  1. TOP #1
    Darkwebs is making friends Darkwebs is making friends Darkwebs is making friends Darkwebs is making friends Darkwebs is making friends Darkwebs is making friends Darkwebs is making friends Darkwebs's Avatar Hustle and Flow!

Talking ROUND 1, GAME 1: BLAZERS @ ROCKETS - 4/20/14, SUNDAY, 6:30 PM (PST), TNT & KGW

2013-14 Season Record
    BLAZERS
    54-28 (23-18 ROAD)
    ROCKETS
    54-28 (33-8 HOME)

WHEN: 6:30 PM, SUNDAY, 4/20/2014

WHERE: Toyota Center, Houston, TX

TV BROADCAST:

AND

RADIO BROADCAST:

------------------------------------------------------

S T A R T E R S

PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS

DAMIAN LILLARD , WESLEY MATTHEWS

NICOLAS BATUM , LAMARCUS ALDRIDGE

ROBIN LOPEZ

HOUSTON ROCKETS

PATRICK BEVERLEY, JAMES HARDEN

CHANDLER PARSONS, TERRENCE JONES

DWIGHT HOWARD

BENCH ROTATION

PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS

WILLIAMS , BARTON , WRIGHT , ROBINSON , FREELAND

HOUSTON ROCKETS

LIN , HAMILTON , CASSPI , MOTIEJUNAS , ASIK

INJURIES
    NONE

HEAD COACHES
    - VS –
    TERRY STOTTS--- KEVIN MCHALE

BLAZERS' GAME NOTES

SERIES NOTES
    • The Rockets won the regular season series, 3-1 over the Trail Blazers. Both teams scored over 100 points in each of the four games.
    • Houston won the first matchup, 116-101, on Nov. 5 in Portland, while the Trail Blazers came back to win the second matchup, 111-104, on Dec. 12 in Portland. Houston prevailed in the fi nal two matchups at home, winning 126-113, on Jan. 20 and 118-113 in overtime on March 9.
    • In four games this season, the Rockets averaged 116.0 points against the Trail Blazers, the second-highest average against Portland in the NBA this year (L.A. Clippers, 117.0). Portland scored 438 total points against Houston this season, their third-highest point total against any opponent.
    • The Trail Blazers held a 89-73 advantage in assists and a 62-55 advantage over the Rockets in offensive rebounds.
    • LaMarcus Aldridge owns a career average of 21.1 points per game against Houston, his third-highest average against any opponent (Dallas, Detroit).
    • In 13 of the past 15 meetings between Portland and Houston, the winning team has scored 100-plus points.
    • In four games against the Rockets, LaMarcus Aldridge scored 107 total points, his highest point total against any team this season. Aldridge also grabbed a total of 62 rebounds against Houston, his highest rebounding total against any opponent and second-highest rebounding average (15.5).
    • Wesley Matthews scored 81 points in four games against the Rockets, tied for his highest point total against any opponent this season. Matthews also averaged 20.3 points against Houston, tied for his third-highest scoring average against any team this year.
    • LaMarcus Aldridge recorded his 400th field goal of the season in the Jan. 20 matchup against the Rockets.
    • Three Trail Blazers recorded double-doubles against the Rockets in the March 9 contest (LaMarcus Aldridge - 28 points, 12 rebounds; Robin Lopez - 11 points, 11 rebounds; Mo Williams - 10 points, 11 assists).
    • Of the 44 season series between the two teams, the Trail Blazers have taken the regular season series 12 times, Houston has taken 22, and 10 have been split.

PLAYOFFS SERIES NOTES
    • Portland and Houston have met in the playoffs three times previously, all in the first round, with Houston winning all three series.
    • The Trail Blazers were defeated by the Rockets in 1987 (1-3), in 1994 (1-3) and in 2009 (2-4).
    • In the 2009 Playoff series, Portland had the fourth seed while the Rockets had the fifth seed. Houston won Game 1 in Portland and went on to win the series in six games.
    • The Trail Blazers had home court advantage over the Rockets in two out of three playoff series (1987, 2009).
    • LaMarcus Aldridge and Nicolas Batum are the only current Trail Blazers who were members of the last Trail Blazers team to face the Rockets in the Playoffs (2009).
    • Houston does not have any current players from their 2009 Playoff roster

PLAYOFFS HEAD-TO-HEAD HISTORY
    PLAYOFFS, ALL-TIME: Rockets lead, 10-4
    IN PORTLAND: Trail Blazers lead, 4-3
    IN HOUSTON: Rockets lead, 7-0

HAPPY EASTER and GO BLAZERS!

2. TOP #2
    DamianLillard#0 is developing a reputation DamianLillard#0's Avatar Finally Made the Show

Default Re: ROUND 1, GAME 1: BLAZERS @ ROCKETS - 4/20/14, SUNDAY, 6:30 PM (PST), TNT & KGW

What is the alltime statistic between the 4th seed and 5th Seed ? in the west ?

3. TOP #3
    jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk's Avatar The ESPN mod is insane.

Default Re: ROUND 1, GAME 1: BLAZERS @ ROCKETS - 4/20/14, SUNDAY, 6:30 PM (PST), TNT & KGW

I feel strong. I expect to win this game. My willpower is strong.

But you guys will have to cheer me on! Are you with me in this Herculean task?
    This week's favorites:
    Okay, sweet pea, but your a full.

He's doin' the doin' as my grandma would say.

Blake Griffin can't handle Freeland's ass.

I just want Kaman to fall on Jack Nicholson going for a loose ball and cover him in caveman sweat

You answered? Holy fuck, I feel like I would if I was talking to my dog and he said something back to me.

4. TOP #4
    jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk's Avatar The ESPN mod is insane.

I am a man named Beverley!

5. TOP #5

Somebody hand me a tennis racquet!

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/04/rock...rm-up-routine/
    This week's favorites:
    Okay, sweet pea, but your a full.

He's doin' the doin' as my grandma would say.

Blake Griffin can't handle Freeland's ass.

I just want Kaman to fall on Jack Nicholson going for a loose ball and cover him in caveman sweat

You answered? Holy fuck, I feel like I would if I was talking to my dog and he said something back to me.

6. TOP #6
    rasheedfan2005 is becoming well known rasheedfan2005 is becoming well known rasheedfan2005 is becoming well known rasheedfan2005's Avatar On the First Team

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck you ninja!!

For reference
    Last edited by rasheedfan2005; 04-20-2014 at 08:32 AM.

7. TOP #7
    Strenuus is making friends Strenuus is making friends Strenuus is making friends Strenuus is making friends Strenuus is making friends Strenuus is making friends Strenuus is making friends Strenuus's Avatar Some Call me the Best in the Game

YEEEAAHHHH! Lets steal HCA!!
    "There's a few messages, one is to stay hungry & humble... Even though we're off to a good start, we haven't proven anything" - Terry Stotts

"I have a laundry machine!"

8. TOP #8
    Strenuus is making friends Strenuus is making friends Strenuus is making friends Strenuus is making friends Strenuus is making friends Strenuus is making friends Strenuus is making friends Strenuus's Avatar Some Call me the Best in the Game

Damnit. We (May) have to play 5 on 8 tonight.

Referees for tonights game.

Scott Foster Bennett Salvatore Derrick Stafford Tony Brown
    "There's a few messages, one is to stay hungry & humble... Even though we're off to a good start, we haven't proven anything" - Terry Stotts

"I have a laundry machine!"

9. TOP #9
    HomerLovesKoolAid has several friends HomerLovesKoolAid has several friends HomerLovesKoolAid has several friends HomerLovesKoolAid has several friends HomerLovesKoolAid has several friends HomerLovesKoolAid has several friends HomerLovesKoolAid has several friends HomerLovesKoolAid has several friends HomerLovesKoolAid has several friends HomerLovesKoolAid's Avatar On the First Team

Oh thank gawd Darkwebs........I thought JinxCP was actually going to attempt a game thread.

10. TOP #10
    Rhal is becoming well known Rhal is becoming well known Rhal is becoming well known Rhal is becoming well known Rhal is becoming well known Rhal's Avatar MVP Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Strenuus View Post
    Damnit. We (May) have to play 5 on 8 tonight.

Referees for tonights game.

Scott FosterBennett SalvatoreDerrick StaffordTony Brown
    Foster seems to dislike LMA but last time he reffed us Lillard has like 13fts or something like that.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

11. TOP #11
    BigGameDamian is becoming well known BigGameDamian is becoming well known BigGameDamian is becoming well known BigGameDamian is becoming well known BigGameDamian's Avatar Good Enough for my Own Shoe

Good thing Freeland is back!

12. TOP #12
    rasheedfan2005 is becoming well known rasheedfan2005 is becoming well known rasheedfan2005 is becoming well known rasheedfan2005's Avatar On the First Team

Scott foster wear adidas? That could save us.

13. TOP #13
    HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP's Avatar NorthEastPortland'sFinest

AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH! I can't believe I wake up to this!!!!!!!!!!!
    Twitter/Instagram -@bigjohnNEP ..................FAMS!

14. TOP #14
    BBert has several friends BBert has several friends BBert has several friends BBert has several friends BBert has several friends BBert has several friends BBert has several friends BBert has several friends BBert has several friends BBert's Avatar There's always this year

I'm ready for this game. The time off between games was a big help. Been resting, eating right. Studying film. Working on some fundamentals and a couple things the Rocket fans won't expect. I'm confident. I'll get my nap a couple hours before the pre-game. Have my usual ritual of strawberry waffles and a protein smoothie. Focused on just this one game. Nothing else matters. I can't wait.

15. TOP #15
    BBert has several friends BBert has several friends BBert has several friends BBert has several friends BBert has several friends BBert has several friends BBert has several friends BBert has several friends BBert has several friends BBert's Avatar There's always this year

Quote Originally Posted by HCP View Post
    Darkwing! Your supposed to call him Darkwing! Are you trying to jinx it?

16. TOP #16

Quote Originally Posted by BBert View Post
    I'm ready for this game. The time off between games was a big help. Been resting, eating right. Studying film. Working on some fundamentals and a couple things the Rocket fans won't expect. I'm confident. I'll get my nap a couple hours before the pre-game. Have my usual ritual of strawberry waffles and a protein smoothie. Focused on just this one game. Nothing else matters. I can't wait.
    The rep is coming your way

17. TOP #17
    sol12 is developing a reputation Little League All Star

Quote Originally Posted by BBert View Post
    I took some PEDs and ate Mcdonalds and Taco Bell. Since it's 4/20, also smoking a bowl to celebrate this important holiday. I'm now in the bball zone.

18. TOP #18
    HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP's Avatar NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Damn you DarkWing.......DAMN YOOOOOUUUUUUU!

19. TOP #19

I arranged it so you can make the game thread in the Rockets forum!

http://sportstwo.com/forums/112-Houston-Rockets
    Quote Originally Posted by jlprk View Post
    Sly swaggers around like John Wayne.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC View Post
    sly is han solo

20. TOP #20

OH HELL YA!

21. TOP #21

OH HELL YA!
    Your game thread could be so awesome people will like more than Dark's and they post there.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlprk View Post
    Sly swaggers around like John Wayne.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC View Post
    sly is han solo

22. TOP #22

Mission Accomplished FAMS!

23. TOP #23
    BlazerBeav has written some things that people like BlazerBeav has written some things that people like BlazerBeav has written some things that people like On the First Team

It's a beautiful day in Rip City - let's hope it ends just as beautifully!

24. TOP #24

This is where all the posters with any sort of credibility will be posting! Deal with it!

http://sportstwo.com/threads/261463-...37#post3312437

25. TOP #25
    Natebishop3 is influencing people Natebishop3 is influencing people Natebishop3 is influencing people Natebishop3 is influencing people Natebishop3 is influencing people Natebishop3 is influencing people Natebishop3 is influencing people Natebishop3 is influencing people Natebishop3 is influencing people Natebishop3 is influencing people Natebishop3 is influencing people Natebishop3's Avatar Don't tread on me!

This is where all the posters with any sort of credibility will be posting! Deal with it!

http://sportstwo.com/threads/261463-...37#post3312437
    I just forwarded this post to the Blazers. One of their employees is trying to drive people away from their official forum.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information