No wonder why Jeter's retiring...

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by Rick2583, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Rick2583

Rick2583 Chairman of the board

2. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

3. Rick2583

4. yankeesince59

...I think DJ has handled his career and his personal life as well as anyone can expect to. These young baby doll models/actresses/celebrities for the most part were probably not ready to get hitched anymore than Jeter was at the time.
    ...now that he's about to retire from playing, he's probably ready to turn the next page in his life, including a family. I've also been saying for years that Jeter may very well someday be a part of a group who will take over the Yanx ownership.
    ...Maybe he could take Cashman's place in the meantime, who knows?

5. Rick2583

I agree, And I also think when he's ready it will be with someone who's not in the limelight. He appears to be a very private person & I don't think he likes his personal life out on the pages for everyone to read. JMO.

6. Hammerojustice

Hammerojustice Chief Caveman, Keeper of Thor's Hammer

some of his choices were a little... unusual.... like Mariah Carey????

7. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
    The last memorable game I went to in the Bronx Zoo, was in the early 90s, when Rickey, Jose and the A's came to town. Rickey was yelled at like the turncoat ass he was. (recall his press statement the year prior in NY- "They will only get what they pay for"), alluding to his Yankee Contract.

Jose was dating Madonna at the time, and a fan threw a blow up doll out on the field when he was coming out of the dugout to the batters box. The rants were loud and great boos overwhelmed and broke Jose's focus.

On top of all this, a car flew off the Expressway, into the Parking Lot, what a day in the Bronx Zoo, wouldn't trade that memory for cash considerations. Anyone got a way to download mental memories onto DVD, let me know....care of: Johnny Nemonic

If you recall, when Rickey went back to Oakland, he signed what he said was a good big money contract. A month later, Jose got a much bigger contract, and Rickey flipped his lid, once again, complaining as if the contract he signed was no good, citing Jose's bigger bucks offer.

WTF-if he didn't like the money he signed to receive for his services, he should of said as much, but NO...he's got to wait til a team mate gets more deniro....then bitches like a school girl.

got to say, tho' Rickey was an exciting player to watch. Saw him in 86 in Anaheim, stretch a routine ground ball to RF, when George (POS) Hendrick, kicked the ball, then bobbled it, and Rickey had a stand up triple. I have never ever seen a man with afterburners like Rickey on a baseball field.

Although- Reggie Solomon of the 49ers was even faster/quicker, a Olympiad Sprinter converted Football Wide Receiver. Solomon had NO trouble learning to catch a Pigskin from Joe Cool, over his head, basket catch, while outrunning the fastest of Safeties, and Corner-backs, not even the Redskins perennial HOFer'- Green, (also a college sprinter), could only choke in his afterburner smoke. Some of Reggie's TD's found him 20 feet clear beyond the nearest defender.

If Rickey had afterburners, then Solomon had solid rocket boosters on his feet.

8. Rick2583

Steve when he had her she was pretty hot. and that was long bore she married the kid.

9. Hammerojustice

the kid? yeah, also before her mental breakdown...

10. Rick2583

Yeah didn't she marry someone that was like 15 years younger then her?

11. yankeesince59

...Tommy Motolo (or something like that)...he was her manager or record exec or something.

12. totus44

totus44 Lord of the Dark Side

Very few little black books could be a pinup calendar outside of Hugh Hefner's....Jeter is in that class.

13. Rick2583

No not him, she's married to him now. His name is Nick Cannon. and I was wrong he's only 10 years younger. I have no clue what he does though.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1530844672/nm0001014?ref_=nm_phs_md_2

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  14. Hammerojustice

15. Hammerojustice

Wikipedia says he's an American actor, comedian, rapper, entrepreneur, record producer, radio, and television personality.

16. Rick2583

One would think that with a resume like that I would at least know him from one of those titles. What has he stared in, rapped, produced or appeared in that I may know.?

17. Hammerojustice

you got me... I'm not interested in rap crap... and if he raps, I'll likely not appreciate his comedy, acting, etc. so I highly doubt I would know him from a hole in the wall

18. Rick2583

Yeah I don't listen to that shit either but I thought maybe you'd know a movie or a tv show he might have been in. Or is he just living off Mariah's money & being a stay at home dad.

19. Hammerojustice

Again, I don't have cable/satellite like the average American, so I have no fricking clue what he's been involved with...

According to his Wikipedia page, "On television, Cannon began as a teenager on All That before going on to host The Nick Cannon Show, Wild 'N Out, and America's Got Talent. He acted in the films Drumline, Love Don't Cost a Thing, and Roll Bounce." Looks like he had a very minor spot in MIB II, but I don't recall him in it and would have to literally look for him... It also says "is now the Chairman of TeenNick and the development and creative consultant of the network" since 2009... I've never heard of any of the "artists" he manages...

So considering all he does/did, I wouldn't say he's just living off her money...

But, nothing I care about and nothing that affects me, so essentially a nobody to me...

20. Rick2583

D I T T O