worst franchise move ever?

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by KCX, Mar 29, 2007.

1. KCX

KCX BBW VIP

What is your teams worst move ever? I think ours (the Bulls) was trading Elton Brand for Tyson Chandler. They kind of still bothers me to this day.

2. Suns Fan Guy

Suns Fan Guy BBW Elite Member

trading Kidd for Stephon, then again if we didn't do that we wouldn't have Nash

3. The Truth

The Truth BBW Graphics Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mikster100 @ Mar 29 2007, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>trading Kidd for Stephon, then again if we didn't do that we wouldn't have Nash</div>I dont think the Nash signing had anything to do with that trade

4. SirLaker

SirLaker BBW MOD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pistol @ Mar 29 2007, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I dont think the Nash signing had anything to do with that trade</div>Yeah, but if they had kept Kidd they would not have been looking to sign a guy like Nash.

5. ChuckTheD

ChuckTheD BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LakersFan247 @ Mar 29 2007, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, but if they had kept Kidd they would not have been looking to sign a guy like Nash.</div>Well if they kept Stephon maybe they wouldn't either.For the Lakers it might actually be the Shaq trade (although it was the best deal possible).

6. Pacers fan forever

Pacers fan forever BBW Elite Member

For the Pacers it would be Peja for Artest. Peja didn't do squat for us and ran away to the Hornets after sitting out of our postseason. I definetley think we could've gotten more for Artest. Like for example - Rashard Lewis.Another bad trade was Brad Miller for Scott Pollard.

7. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

Nope...worst trade ever was:2003 1st rnd Vancouvor Grizzlies draft pick for Otis Thorpe. Turns out, that pick ended up being the 2nd overall pick in that 2003 draft. Most likely, if they(in Vancouvor) didnt trade that pick, Carmelo Anthony or Dwyane Wade would be a Memphis Grizzly paired with Gasol.

8. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

Richard Hamilton for Jerry Slackhouse :(Letting Ben Wallace go :(Trading Chris Webber for Mitch Richmond [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

I'm just waiting for Tony to reply with some move in like 1947 that linked to a bigger deal in 1953, or some sh*t like that.

10. KCX

KCX BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (austingriz @ Mar 29 2007, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Nope...worst trade ever was:2003 1st rnd Vancouvor Grizzlies draft pick for Otis Thorpe. Turns out, that pick ended up being the 2nd overall pick in that 2003 draft. Most likely, if they(in Vancouvor) didnt trade that pick, Carmelo Anthony or Dwyane Wade would be a Memphis Grizzly paired with Gasol.</div> :wtf1: if you look back on that now... ouch..

11. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

I know....MELO!!!! MELO could be wearing the Memphis Blue!!!!!! AAAAAHHH!!!!!!! GODDAMN CANADIENS!!!!!!

12. Diawsome

Diawsome BBW Elite Member

Suns have a history of making bad initial trades that turn into good moves later down the road.1. Traded Charles Barkley to the Rockets for Sam Cassell, Robert Horry, Mark Bryant and Chucky Brown. Sam Cassell was later traded to Dallas as part of a package deal for Jason Kidd. 2. Steve Nash was traded to Dallas for Pat Garrity Martin M??rsepp, Bubba Wells and a first-round draft pick. Not that good looking at first but the draft pick ended up becoming Shawn Marion. This also has a long road effect on landing Amare Stoudemire.3. Suns trade Pat Garrity, Danning Manning and two future first round picks for Penny Hardaway. Penny could never stay healthy and the Suns are killed by his contract. The Suns a couple years later traded Jud Buechler and Vinny Del Negro in a 3 team deal with Orlando and the Clippers for Bo Outlaw, cash and the remaining unused 1st rounder from the Penny trade which ended up being the pick that became Amare Stoudemire.4. Suns trade Jason Kidd for Stephon Marbury. Out goes Kidd and he takes the victories with him as the Suns flat out sucked the season following that deal. This enables them to land a high enough pick and they use it on Amare.5. Suns trade Marbury, Penny Hardaway & Cezary Trybanski to New York for Antonio McDyess, Howard Eisley, Charlie Ward, Maciej Lampe, Milos Vujanic and 2 future 1st rounders. Team stunk afterwards, Suns clear cap room for Steve Nash and one of the picks were used as payment for the Leandro Barbosa trade the previous year

13. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

I don't have one for Denver, so I'll give one for the Sixers.Sixers trade: Moses Malone (21 ppg, 12 rpg)Washingon trades: Jeff Ruland

14. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Mar 30 2007, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Richard Hamilton for Jerry Slackhouse :(Letting Ben Wallace go :(Trading Chris Webber for Mitch Richmond [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]</div>Add letting Larry Hughes go man! :no1: Yeah, just playing but he did so well with the Wizards and I was enjoying the great times. Anyway I think for Cleveland it was trading away our whole team for crappy players because the owner wanted to move the Cavaliers out of Cleveland. But our fans kept showing up so thats why we still have em today.

15. KCX

KCX BBW VIP

Larry Hughes was definitely something special in Washington. He led the league in steals didn't he?

16. Pacers fan forever

Pacers fan forever BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KCX @ Mar 30 2007, 02:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Larry Hughes was definitely something special in Washington. He led the league in steals didn't he?</div>yes ma'am. he did. was also an all-star.

17. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KCX @ Mar 30 2007, 02:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Larry Hughes was definitely something special in Washington. He led the league in steals didn't he?</div>Led the league in steals and made the defensive team. Was an all star but didn't play due to being hurt. I wish he would bring that back to Cleveland man, oh I think I would pass out. :worthy:

18. Something-To-Say

Something-To-Say BBW Banned

For the Pacers it's:Al HarringtonSarunas JasikiviciusStephen JacksonJosh PowellforIke DioguMike Dunleavy Jr.Troy MurphyKeith Mcleod

19. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pacers fan forever @ Mar 30 2007, 02:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>was also an all-star.</div>.....no he wasn'tgot injured and couldnt playbtw Cavsrule I think he fit Washington's style better.

20. redneck

redneck BBW Elite Member

While technically not a trade, the Jazz signed Gail Goodrich but had to give the Lakers a first round pick, Today that deal would have been a sign-and-trade, the first round pick ended up being Magic Johnson.Here is another bad one. Orlando trading Ben Wallace and Chucky Atkins for Grant Hill. Orlando ended up as a lottery team, while the Pistons ended up as world champions.