Seed teams 1-16

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Draco, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Draco

Draco Well-Known Member

Below is a list of what the playoff series would be this year if the teams were seeded 1-16, with the home team listed first:

Spurs vs Bobcats
    Thunder vs Wizards
    Clippers vs Nets
    Pacers vs Bulls
    Heat vs Suns
    Rockets vs Raptors
    Blazers vs Mavs
    Warriors vs Grizzlies

I think teams should be rewarded for having a great regular season. The playoffs should match up the best teams in the latest possible rounds. The Thunder would not have to play an exceptional 51 win team in the playoffs during round 1 when they had the second best record in the league. With the Pacers now struggling so bad the Heat likely can coast all their way until the finals without having to play a top 10 team in this league. So the Heat basically have to win one tough series to get a title but the Thunder, who had a superior record, have to win four brutal rounds?

Both us and Houston have a raw deal having to play a 54 win team when you've tied for the 5th best record in the league. Not to mention we don't even get home court advantage. One team will lose this series in the first round and thats a shame as both clubs had excellent regular seasons.

How much better would it be to see the Heat have to battle the Suns in round 1? Then see the Heat battle a couple of the elite west teams instead of only one series. The playoffs should be reseeded after every round, so the team with the best record is continuously rewarded with the lowest ranked opponent. The regular season would be more meaningful, as teams like us and the Rockets would be fighting for home court against the Heat.

I love the intensity of playoff basketball, teams have rest after every game and you see excellent effort every game by all the players.

2. HomerLovesKoolAid

HomerLovesKoolAid I have a well-known member.

I would like that very much.

3. Nhawz

Nhawz Lickety Brindle

The goal of the playoffs is to crown the best team in the NBA. If the top 16 teams in the league are not in the tournament, it defeats the purpose of finding the best team. It would also give the worst teams in the league that year a better chance of getting better players in the draft to help rebuild.

4. DHawes22

DHawes22 Member

Keep it East vs. West, please. Tradition means something.

5. H.C.

H.C. Well-Known Member

Bad comparison here but..
    slavery was once a tradition too.

however re-seeding the teams after every round is too much.

6. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

Bad is being a little too gentle. I'd be more inclined to go with utterly moronic comparison...

7. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

I agree with this.

Beating Houston in the playoffs is going to be all the more sweeter because we have a playoff history with them.

8. H.C.

H.C. Well-Known Member

and yet whos the moron if you don't realize it was a tradition?

But my point got across.

9. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

Dude...you're trying to compare something as trivial as geographical breakdown in a sport to one of the worlds greatest travesties, it wasn't a tradition, it was an atrocity.

10. H.C.

H.C. Well-Known Member

Definition of Tradition from google.

the transmission of customs or beliefs from generation to generation, or the fact of being passed on in this way.

I was simply stating that traditions don't last. Sorry you didn't pick up on it and instead called me a moron.
    Guess that's once again my fault. You know that you called me a moron, but it's what I've come to expect from this forum. So it's fly.

11. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    Mind you, what's even worse about the East is that their records are inflated because of the frequency with which they play each other.

It may get even worse next year in terms of competitive disparity because the West will actually get deeper while the East only has a handful of teams that are actually championship contenders.

12. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

He said the comparison was moronic, he didn't actually call you a moron. It's just enough of a difference to skirt the personal insult rule.

13. Schilly

Schilly Well-Known Member

Amazing a guy calling himself honkicracker referring to slavery... didn't see that one coming.

14. Schilly

Schilly Well-Known Member

A relevant comparison is interleague play in MLB. It was tradition that the 2 leagues only matched up in the World Series. Inter League was introduced to make scheduling easier due to the number of teams in each league. I don't like inter league play due to the tradition factor.

15. Draco

Draco Well-Known Member

I'd like to see the league change so we play everybody in the west 3 times and play 10 teams in the east 3 times.

It would change for us so 10 games currently played against the west are played against the east. Only 5 of those would be road games. So in total I don't think 5 road games against east competition each year would be a significant travel difference. We already travel quite a ways for many west games.

16. H.C.

H.C. Well-Known Member

dead thread but really?

Do you know what the term Honki means? I won't quote it, or put it here because it's not proper.
    Also I am a cracker, proud of it. As well as I find black women extremely attractive.

17. Haakzilla

Haakzilla Well-Known Member

SEOWebDesignLLC.com
    ...are you Donald Sterling? :dunno:

18. H.C.

H.C. Well-Known Member

this isn't funny in the least.