Best Move By A Team this Year?

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by Roaming, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Roaming

Roaming Back In Black! erm...in Colour!

I think the Best move any team has made this year would defintely go to the Sixers for dealing Iverson, it really got rid of that whole huge box they were in, and allowed them to rebuild. I can actually see a bright Sixer future along the horizon.

2. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

It probably isn't the best, but I thought Miami picking up Eddie Jones was huge. He's been playing so well for them.

3. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

I think the best may be the Shane Battier trade on draft day. At first, it seemed like an iffy trade, to me, because of Gay's potential, but Battier is a very good basketball player. He may very well win Defensive Player of the Year this year. He's helped that team out so much. Whether Yao or T-Mac were out, T-Mac was off, Skip had a 3-15 shooting night, whatever... you can always count on Battier to get the job done on both ends of the floor.But I think another good one that deserves a mention is the Anthony Parker and Jorge Garbajosa signings by Toronto. Both of them are VERY solid players, they just get the job done and they have worked out great in Toronto.

4. blazerspwnu

blazerspwnu BBW Member

yeah I think it was good for the sixers to decide to finally try and rebuild. This year is probly the best to do it considering the draft.how about the six trades on draft day by the blazers? shane battier has helped the rockets SOOOO much...

5. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zards @ Mar 30 2007, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>It probably isn't the best, but I thought Miami picking up Eddie Jones was huge. He's been playing so well for them.</div>Chris Webber being picked up by Detroit IMO improved Detroit much more. They were lacking with that 5 spot and ended up having to move Sheed to the bench for a bit before Cwebb came in and filled up alot of holes and ended up being a perfect fit for Detroit who has really returned to their rightful place of the best in the East.

6. pjcolpitts?

pjcolpitts? BBW Elite Member

I'd have to say that the Pistons picking up Chris Webber looks to be one of the better moves this season. They got a guy that came pretty cheap to fill a void in the lineup. Webber is an upgrade over Nazr and the Pistons have been playing a lot better since they got him midseason. The Mavericks picking up Devean George is also a great move. Maybe not the best, but in my opinion top 5 move. He isnt going to score 20 off the bench, but he gives the Mavs so many more options on how to play the game. Great defender off the bench. He's big enough to gaurd some power fowards, and quick and long enough to give guys like T-Mac a harder time. Gives Howard a chance to be a threat on offense and gives him more minutes since he doesn't have to gaurd the Kobes and TMacs all game. Theres two guys that I think have been great moves by teams. There are plenty others I'm probably missing.

7. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RaptorFan#1 @ Mar 29 2007, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I think the Best move any team has made this year would defintely go to the Sixers for dealing Iverson, it really got rid of that whole huge box they were in, and allowed them to rebuild. I can actually see a bright Sixer future along the horizon.</div>Umm not anytime soon.Denver picking up AI was hands down clear best move this season.Worse even though I get Sixers are rebuilding was the Sixers trading AI. Again I get they are rebuilding if they did not bench him they could have gotten way more cause people be like ow again the AI talk they probably won't trade him again and would not short end the Sixers in deals.

8. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

IMO, it's easily the Pistons signing Chris Webber. Every since they got him he has helped them out a great deal and it has helped them take over the East. Their were some other good deals, as I watch GS crush the Suns right now that deal comes to mind also. But for me it's easily the Webber and Piston deal.

9. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cavsrules @ Mar 30 2007, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>IMO, it's easily the Pistons signing Chris Webber. Every since they got him he has helped them out a great deal and it has helped them take over the East. Their were some other good deals, as I watch GS crush the Suns right now that deal comes to mind also. But for me it's easily the Webber and Piston deal.</div>Why does everyone over value Webber. WOW

10. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

Another move to be taken into considerations is the Warriors trading away Mike Dunleavey, Troy Murphay, Ike Diogu, and Keith McLeod for Al Harrington, Stephen Jackson, Sarunas Jasikevukis, and Josh Powell. The Warriors were no where near contension however they stripped Indiana of their "X-factors" and are now fighting for a seed in the West, actually beating the Suns right now in a game. Meanwhile the Pacers have fallen way out of the playoffs after losing around 9 straight I believe.

11. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Mar 30 2007, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Why does everyone over value Webber. WOW</div>Its not over valuing him. Have you seen how good the Pistons have played with Webber ever since he got him? Of course I know you would say Allen Iverson coming to Denver but that move hasn't worked out as great. Please, let's not start that in this thread too..lol

12. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cavsrules @ Mar 30 2007, 12:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Its not over valuing him. Have you seen how good the Pistons have played with Webber ever since he got him? Of course I know you would say Allen Iverson coming to Denver but that move hasn't worked out as great. Please, let's not start that in this thread too..lol</div>Just cause Webber came don't mean they are all the sudden that much better more like they were not playing up to how good they should have been before that's all.And yes is clear best deal. A top 5 player in the league still top 7. And future hall of famer, and the best little guy to ever play the game. When you get him at all is 1 in a mill chance, but to get him for NOTHING really is even more crazy. One of the best value deals ever.

13. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Mar 30 2007, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Just cause Webber came don't mean they are all the sudden that much better more like they were not playing up to how good they should have been before that's all.And yes is clear best deal. A top 5 player in the league still top 7. And future hall of famer, and the best little guy to ever play the game. When you get him at all is 1 in a mill chance, but to get him for NOTHING really is even more crazy. One of the best value deals ever.</div>I believe the Pistons were in the 2nd seed and Cleveland had the No.1 seed until they got Webber and they just started clicking. No, it may not be the best deal but it for sure helped that team out a great deal. A.I deal was awesome for Denver, but again, it hasn't helped them out as much as the Pistons deal with Webber.

14. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cavsrules @ Mar 30 2007, 12:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I believe the Pistons were in the 2nd seed and Cleveland had the No.1 seed until they got Webber and they just started clicking. No, it may not be the best deal but it for sure helped that team out a great deal. A.I deal was awesome for Denver, but again, it hasn't helped them out as much as the Pistons deal with Webber.</div>I am not saying Webber has not helped DET. I am saying you guys are over hyping how much he actually made a diff.

15. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Mar 30 2007, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Just cause Webber came don't mean they are all the sudden that much better more like they were not playing up to how good they should have been before that's all.And yes is clear best deal. A top 5 player in the league still top 7. And future hall of famer, and the best little guy to ever play the game. When you get him at all is 1 in a mill chance, but to get him for NOTHING really is even more crazy. One of the best value deals ever.</div>Okay that was a dumb post. The Pistons had a huge lack at the C position with their problems going on (The Nazr Mohammed problems). You just think that randomly half way through the season tehy started playing their best ball. Of course it had loads to do wtih Webber, a Big man who can shoot is very valuable to any team and not to mention it gave the Pistons some more motivation, a little boost when they brought in Cwebb. You clearly never watched the nuggets before this trade, Andre Miller is valuable I don't see how you would overrate his PG abilities he really was a good fit for Denver although for AI I would give him up too. They also gave up two first rounders which means that the Nuggets expect to reach the prime of their talent within the next couple of years and not in the future if they were willing to give up those picks in a very deep class. Also Joe Smith who is 7 million dollars expiring this year. I'm not going to say that it was a bad deal for Denver because it wasn't but to say that they basically got nothing for him is a huge exaggeration.

16. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Mar 30 2007, 12:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I am not saying Webber has not helped DET. I am saying you guys are over hyping how much he actually made a diff.</div>Well, this team needed a boost and with their loss of Ben Wallace to the Bulls in the off season they needed a better big to make it happen. Webber is still good, just wasn't working out in Philly. It was a great move to get him, of course it was questionable if the move would make this team a better one and that was answered this season. Honesty, this team got what they needed and it has worked out very well. Now they lock up the No.1 seed and are still the best in the East.

17. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Mar 30 2007, 12:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Okay that was a dumb post. The Pistons had a huge lack at the C position with their problems going on (The Nazr Mohammed problems). You just think that randomly half way through the season tehy started playing their best ball. Of course it had loads to do wtih Webber, a Big man who can shoot is very valuable to any team and not to mention it gave the Pistons some more motivation, a little boost when they brought in Cwebb. You clearly never watched the nuggets before this trade, Andre Miller is valuable I don't see how you would overrate his PG abilities he really was a good fit for Denver although for AI I would give him up too. They also gave up two first rounders which means that the Nuggets expect to reach the prime of their talent within the next couple of years and not in the future if they were willing to give up those picks in a very deep class. Also Joe Smith who is 7 million dollars expiring this year. I'm not going to say that it was a bad deal for Denver because it wasn't but to say that they basically got nothing for him is a huge exaggeration.</div>No that was a problem sure, but also he did not make as much diff as people think they also should have been playing better with out him, and started to just when Webber came in don't mean all of it is cause of Webber coming sure he helped, but you people act like he made the WHOLE diff.He is a true good PG yes. But this trade was AWFUL. The 2 firsts are awful Dallas is like last pick. And Dnever also not to good won't be more then bench guy solid one.And nah I still think deal was one of the biggest RAPES in many years and one of the worse top 10 worse or w/e.Andre is good but come one. And the 2 picks will probably be bench guys.

18. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cavsrules @ Mar 30 2007, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Well, this team needed a boost and with their loss of Ben Wallace to the Bulls in the off season they needed a better big to make it happen. Webber is still good, just wasn't working out in Philly. It was a great move to get him, of course it was questionable if the move would make this team a better one and that was answered this season. Honesty, this team got what they needed and it has worked out very well. Now they lock up the No.1 seed and are still the best in the East.</div>Yeah they are best in East I still think they would have gotten better anyway so Webber deal is not as much a huge deal as some make it. But he deff help I am not saying he does not.

19. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Mar 30 2007, 01:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>No that was a problem sure, but also he did not make as much diff as people think they also should have been playing better with out him, and started to just when Webber came in don't mean all of it is cause of Webber coming sure he helped, but you people act like he made the WHOLE diff.He is a true good PG yes. But this trade was AWFUL. The 2 firsts are awful Dallas is like last pick. And Dnever also not to good won't be more then bench guy solid one.And nah I still think deal was one of the biggest RAPES in many years and one of the worse top 10 worse or w/e.Andre is good but come one. And the 2 picks will probably be bench guys.</div>The whole difference is not that big, they were 10 games above .500 now they're like 20. Also this draft is insanely deep not to mention many times it seems to be those late first rounders who show up big in the NBA the next year not the late lottery picks. Sixers are building young they have no need for Iverson, 8 mil expiring could bring in a great FA. Three first round draft picks could add a bunch of young studs to this roster and Andre is Andre and without Andre the Nuggets are having problems getting easy buckets.

20. Something-To-Say

Something-To-Say BBW Banned

Warriors dumping those crapbaskets on the Pacers. Man, the crappy pacers got hosed even more! Classic.