Titans draft Michigan tackle Taylor Lewan

Discussion in 'AFC South' started by truebluefan, May 12, 2014.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]

The Titans welcomed another Taylor to Music City on Thursday, but this one is known for his nastiness and mean streak instead of his singing ability or glamour.

Michigan tackle Taylor Lewan wants to deliver big hits on Sundays, however, as the 11th overall pick in the NFL Draft.

"How I would describe myself as a player is I want to be a person who plays as hard and fast and as nasty as I possibly can," Lewan said in a conference call. "I want to be one of the toughest guys on the field and get to the point where a guy I'm going against doesn't want to play in the fourth quarter."

That sounds great, but one question can't be ignored: When will Lewan play?

May 8, 2014; New York, NY, USA; Taylor Lewan (Michigan) poses with his jersey after being selected as the number eleven overall pick in the first round of the 2014 NFL Draft to the Tennessee Titans at Radio City Music Hall. May 8, 2014; New York, NY, USA; Taylor Lewan (Michigan) poses with his jersey after being selected as the number eleven overall pick in the first round of the 2014 NFL Draft to the Tennessee Titans at Radio City Music Hall.

The Titans already have a durable left tackle in 10th-year pro Michael Roos, though he's heading into the final year of his contract. Earlier this offseason, the Titans signed former Ravens tackle Michael Oher to a four-year, $20 million contract to play on the right side.

Titans general manager Ruston Webster said Lewan is worth waiting for, although coach Ken Whisenhunt said Lewan will be given a chance this offseason to compete for a starting job.

"You want (a first-round pick) to make an immediate impact, you'd love for him to,'' Webster said. "The key is their impact is over the course of their career. … It is important that it's somebody that can be long-term and I think Taylor can do that.

- See more at: http://www.tennessean.com/story/spo...s-draft-michigan-tackle-taylor-lewan/8875993/