Donald Sterling bashes Magic Johnson on air.

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Clippers' started by truebluefan, May 13, 2014.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[video=youtube;ksNG30Kcjmo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksNG30Kcjmo[/video]

2. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Magic Johnson responds to Sterling

Magic Johnson on Tuesday responded to Donald Sterling's comments slamming the Hall of Famer, telling CNN and TMZ that the whole situation is "sad" and that the banned Los Angeles Clippers owner is directing his anger at the wrong person.

"We've got to pray for the man," Johnson told TMZ on Tuesday.

In an interview that aired Monday on CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360," Sterling went from apologizing for his recent racist remarks to attacking Johnson, repeatedly bringing up the ex-NBA star's HIV status and calling him an unfit role model for children. "He's got AIDS!'' Sterling said loudly at one point in the interview.

"It's very disturbing. I think when you come on, No. 1 you should have your facts straight," Johnson told TMZ in a telephone interview. "I don't have AIDS; I have HIV. I've been living with HIV for 22 years. That's his opinion if he thinks I'm not a role model. I know the things that I've done in urban America and for people."

Johnson also was interviewed by "Anderson Cooper 360," on Tuesday night. In that interview, Johnson called Sterling "a man who's upset and he's reaching."

"He's trying to find something that he can grab on to help him save his team. And it's not going to happen. It's not going to happen," Johnson told CNN in a soundbite from the show released by the network. "The board of governors now have to do their job. Adam Silver, our commissioner of the NBA, did a wonderful job of banning him for life. Now the board of governors have got to do their job."

Read more http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...pers-owner-donald-sterling-angry-wrong-person