Pittsburgh's Grady Named AFL Pulse Player of the Week

Discussion in 'Other American Football' started by truebluefan, May 18, 2014.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Pittsburgh Power quarterback Tommy Grady has been named the AFL Pulse Player of the Week for his recent philanthropic efforts.
    Grady (6-7, 250, Utah), who is in his fifth season in the AFL and his first with the Power, has volunteered at several local elementary and middle schools speaking with students on topics from nutrition to the importance of education.

"I love talking to kids and teaching them about Arena Football, among other things," Grady said. "I also just try to get to know them a little better and get them excited about coming to our games."

As a professional athlete, Grady understands the importance of using his status to give back to others by participating in community service activities.

"Especially in professional sports, the community really helps to support us in a lot of different ways, so it's important to interact with them and give them the support in return," Grady said.

When he's not on the field throwing touchdown passes, Grady enjoys volunteering with kids because he appreciates his position as a role model.

"Honestly, I like talking to kids because they look up to me," Grady said. "Whenever they have a football player come spend time with them, they are always excited and seem interested in what we have to say."

Grady and the Pittsburgh Power (5-3) will host the LA KISS (2-6) in the "NET10 Wireless Arena Football Saturday" matchup on CBS Sports Network. Kickoff is set for 6:00 p.m. ET tonight.

The AFL Pulse Player of the Week is awarded in recognition of commitment to community service. The AFL Pulse Al Lucas Hero of the Year will be awarded to one player at the end of the 2014 season.

Press release from the Arena Football League