The 'Players who deserve respect' Thread

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by Zards, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

Re: The 'Players who deserve respect' Thread

As of late, there have been many guys that are stepping up for their teams in the later part of the 2nd half this season. Guys that you didn't even hear about before they entered the NBA. PF Walter Hermann CHAComing out of Argentina, this guy has been averaging great numbers the past four games. He's been averaging 19.7 ppg, along with 5 rpg. In those 4 games, Charlotte is 3-1. After watching him play tonight, I would compare the guy to a more offensive-minded Andres Nocioni. SG Tarence Kinsey MEMUndrafted out of South Carolina (the same school that Renaldo Balkman attended), Kinsey is a 6'6 guard, very thin at 190 lbs. The past six games he has averaged 19.5 ppg, and recently, he has been a nice young addition to the Grizzlies. http://youtube.com/watch?v=IcYi3vwt0fII know the teams that these two guys play for are already out of playoff contention, and are just playing 'preseason' type players, but not a lot of people have heard of these guys and they are putting up great numbers, lately. Note: Both of these players are rookies.

2. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

sh*t man....Both of these guys have been playing crazy good as of late. I had never even heart of Hermann and now he is scoring like a mad man. I heard of Kinsey, but he hadnt done much at all this season up until recently.

3. The Legacy

The Legacy BBW Member

These guys people have heard about but are stepoing up a lot more than expected:Andre IguodalaJosh SmithJosh HowardLamarcus Aldridge

4. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Legacy @ Apr 3 2007, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>These guys people have heard about but are stepoing up a lot more than expected:Andre IguodalaJosh SmithJosh HowardLamarcus Aldridge</div>Those guys are really coming into their own, and they are complete ball-players. They just can do it all. Both of them have had some sick statlines this year.

5. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

<span style="font-family:Arial">It's funny that you mention Herrmann in this topic, a few weeks ago when he had that big game against Sacramento I predicted him to carry on that confidence for the rest of the season. I love his playing style, he can do it all offensively. The thing that impresses me the most about his game is the fact that he's able to knock down the 3 pointer with consistency. He's been playing major minutes lately, he logged over 40 minutes 3-4 times in the last 2 weeks alone. Herrmann is a good rebounder, he shoots a high percentage from the field, he can knock down the 3, and he's a decent passer. The Bobcats might have found a hidden gem in free agency.In case anybody didn't know, Herrmann has been through ALOT recently. He lost his 2 sisters, his girlfriend, and his mom and dad in tragic deaths all within 2 years of each other. I couldn't imagine dealing with major losses like that and having the patience to focus on basketball. It makes me respect the guy so much more.Tarence Kinsey has been solid for Memphis, he seems much more aggressive than he used to be. I remember watching him play solid minutes earlier in the season, he wasn't aggressive enough on the offensive end. He was being overly passive, and afraid to attack the rim. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do next season, hopefully he keeps up the great scoring.Heres some guys I would like to mention:Tyson Chandler- This guy might be the best rebounder in the NBA, it's not rare to see him go off for 20 rebounds. He needs to work on his offensive game this off season, he's a few post moves away from being an NBA all star. I love the heart and emotion that Chandler plays with, he seems to love the game of basketball.Luol Deng- I think people forget about him sometimes, despite him being Chicago's 2nd leading scorer AND rebounder. Deng is one of the most versatile players in the league, he can do a bit of everything. He rebounds, shoots a high percentage, plays defense, passes the ball well. He needs to get some more respect, hopefully people watch enough of him during the playoffs to hop on the bandwagon.</span>

6. Amare320

Amare320 BBW Banned

Yeah, defently Tyson Chandler.He's improved his offensive game quite a lot this season but as balla said he needs to do even more at that end of the floor, his defense is good and he is a awsome rebound in the league, really he does deserve a lil more respect.

7. Trail_Blazer

Trail_Blazer BBW Member

Chris f*cking Webber.

8. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Legacy @ Apr 3 2007, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>These guys people have heard about but are stepoing up a lot more than expected:Andre IguodalaJosh SmithJosh HowardLamarcus Aldridge</div>Andre Iguadola has been the leader of a squad that has had a hellish season. Their previous leader for so many years, AI left. Shortly after Chris Webber the second scoring option decided to leave. AI v2 has now taken over the scoring load and stunned the world by leading the Sixers to an above .500 record since Webber was bought out. Iggy has really done a great job with this squad and could very well lead them back to the playoffs next year with those three draft picks and 8 mil to sign free agents with. A year ago I saw a Philly squad that had no future and was headed for a huge crash. This year I see so much potential in these group of young guys with loads of talent. Iggy deserves alot of respect for what he has done with Philly this year.

9. Suns Fan Guy

Suns Fan Guy BBW Elite Member

Shawn Marion and if you don't respect him... I might go kung-fo on you :brucelee:

10. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE BBW Elite Member

Rip Hamilton-guy can score 20 points in his sleep, I still feel a lot of people don't give him enough respect.Luol Deng-Slowly turning into a great forward. Has been getting better season by season. You look at him at first glance and would never believe he averages 19 and 7. He was giving Paul Pierce fits the last time the Celtics played the Bulls.Deron Williams-Amazing point guard who can pass, rebound, shoot great. People fall all over Chris Paul and don't give Deron enough respect.Iggy-Ever since AI left he has been doing it all in Philly. He's showcasing his all-around game and has been putting up some insane numbers.Al Jefferson-He's been a double-double machine this season, his conditioning and defense have improved a lot. He put down 23 & 13 on Dwight Howard last week, he had 20 & 13 against Tim Duncan, and 22 & 9 against Chris Bosh. He's turning into an all-star PF in this league.

11. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

Josh Howard, Melo, Arenas, Iggy, Marion even though you can say some get talked about I still say not enough.They need to show them way more respect.

12. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

I want to give some mention to Linas Kleiza, for the Nuggets. Being on a highly talented offensive team, Kleiza still averaged 12.2 ppg and 4.9 rpg in the month of March. This guy is a pretty good shooter and he can take it strong to the basket.

13. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

I agree with your list Serge except for <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Melo, Arenas,</div>Melo gets a ton of respect, maybe not All-Star game wise but fans know and respect his game not to mention hes got his own shoe. Same with Arenas, I personally hate Arenas for the stunt he pulled against the Celtics last season but I do respect his game. I think Arenas gets a lot of respect.

14. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

I hope you muthafuckers are ready for the second coming... KEVINN PINKNEY baby! 15 points, 2 rebounds, 1 block on 5-7 shooting in 21 minutes in his NBA debut. [​IMG]

15. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

Tarence Kinsey has been really good for Memphis. Despite his scoring, hes really saved us with his PG skills and defensive prescence. I think hes going to better than just "solid", because for the 5 game stretch, he was our star...not just a solid player.

16. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I hope you muthafuckers are ready for the second coming... KEVINN PINKNEY baby! 15 points, 2 rebounds, 1 block on 5-7 shooting in 21 minutes in his NBA debut.</div>Haha I'm so pissed I couldn't watch that game last night. How the hell did he score 15 points? It clearly wasn't around the basket, he only had 2 boards. CB32 was it mid-range jumpers or what?

17. yankshater213

yankshater213 BBW Elite Member

The extra N makes Kevinn Pinkney SO badass. Deron WilliamsAndre IgoudalaAl Jefferson

18. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE @ Apr 5 2007, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Haha I'm so pissed I couldn't watch that game last night. How the hell did he score 15 points? It clearly wasn't around the basket, he only had 2 boards. CB32 was it mid-range jumpers or what?</div>Actually, he did score around 6 points in the paint. He had 2 dunks and a layup, he hit a couple mid-range jumpers, and he hit all 5 of his FT attempts.

19. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

yeeeeeeeeee PinkneyAll-star next season, count on it :HAHAHA: :HAHAHA: :HAHAHA:

20. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE @ Apr 5 2007, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I agree with your list Serge except for Melo gets a ton of respect, maybe not All-Star game wise but fans know and respect his game not to mention hes got his own shoe. Same with Arenas, I personally hate Arenas for the stunt he pulled against the Celtics last season but I do respect his game. I think Arenas gets a lot of respect.</div>Well he got snubed how many times from all star team. But this year he was talked about MVP until he got suspended, and did get in the all star game as a replacement though.Also what stunt did Arenas pull against Boston?