Where'd They Go (?) Thread

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by The Legacy, Apr 3, 2007.

1. The Legacy

The Legacy BBW Member

Re: Where'd They Go (?) Thread

This is the thread to ask what happened to former NBA prospects that you don't know what happened to them.One guy who I'm interested to know what happened to is James Lang? I was just watching the '03 McDonald's All Star Game and he looked awesome. Sure he was overwheight, but he looked like a very good future NBA player. What happened to the guy?And if anyone else has questions about guys like him that never made it big post them in this thread.

2. redneck

redneck BBW Elite Member

Lang was with the Wizards this season, he was cut in Febuary.

3. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

Haha, I didn't think anyone outside of Wizards organization and their fans knew who James Lang is. Lang had a stint with the Wizards this year, but he hardly played. He was overweight, and he was the worst player on the team. I saw him in warmups one day before a game, and the dude was missing easy 10 footers, and he's very slow. The Wizards released him a month ago. One guy I want to know about is Kerry Kittles.. last time I heard he was with the Clippers, but he's not on their roster anymore. Did he retire, or what?

4. The Legacy

The Legacy BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zards @ Apr 4 2007, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Haha, I didn't think anyone outside of Wizards organization and their fans knew who James Lang is. Lang had a stint with the Wizards this year, but he hardly played. He was overweight, and he was the worst player on the team. I saw him in warmups one day before a game, and the dude was missing easy 10 footers, and he's very slow. The Wizards released him a month ago.</div>Yeah, I had no idea about him until yesterday when I was watching the 2003 McDonalds All Star game. He got up and down the floor pretty well actually for a big guy.

5. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zards @ Apr 3 2007, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>One guy I want to know about is Kerry Kittles.. last time I heard he was with the Clippers, but he's not on their roster anymore. Did he retire, or what?</div>Retired, is currently helping out with the nets.

6. The Legacy

The Legacy BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nitro1118 @ Apr 4 2007, 12:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Retired, is currently helping out with the nets.</div>Yeah, he's a scout.He's also a Roman-Catholic pastor. lol

7. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Legacy @ Apr 4 2007, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, I had no idea about him until yesterday when I was watching the 2003 McDonalds All Star game. He got up and down the floor pretty well actually for a big guy.</div>He was drafted mid-2nd round back in 2003, and was in the NBA for 3 years without playing one second in a game until he came to the Wizards.Thanks for the info on Kerry Kittles, by the way, guys.

8. Amare320

Amare320 BBW Banned

Donnel Havery, he was a decent prospect after his first couple of years in the nba, wherd he go?Courtney Alexander ?A.J. Guyton? he had a cool nameRodney Buford ?Ernest Brown? I thought he was decentTerence Morris? could of been decentAmal McCaskill ? he's a legend

9. The Legacy

The Legacy BBW Member

Donnel Havery, he was a decent prospect after his first couple of years in the nba, wherd he go?Plays in the ABACourtney Alexander ? Released by the Kings in 2003. Signed with the Nuggets in 2006 but was soon waived.A.J. Guyton? he had a cool name Played sparingly with the Warriors in 2003, hasn't been in basketball sinceRodney Buford ? Averaged 6.4 ppg in the NBA. Now plays for Maccabi Tel Aviv (Isreal)Ernest Brown? I thought he was decent. no idea sorryTerence Morris? could of been decent Plays for Hapoel Jerusalem (Isreal). Played in the NBDL in 2003, in Greece in 2004, and the Magic in 2005. No teams were interested in him in 2006 so he went to Isreal to play basketball.Amal McCaskill ? he's a legend. Played 4 season in the NBA. Last with the 76ers (2003).

10. redneck

redneck BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zards @ Apr 4 2007, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Haha, I didn't think anyone outside of Wizards organization and their fans knew who James Lang is. Lang had a stint with the Wizards this year, but he hardly played. He was overweight, and he was the worst player on the team. I saw him in warmups one day before a game, and the dude was missing easy 10 footers, and he's very slow. The Wizards released him a month ago. One guy I want to know about is Kerry Kittles.. last time I heard he was with the Clippers, but he's not on their roster anymore. Did he retire, or what?</div>I know who Lang is because he was with the Jazz in 2005, he got cut in favor of the more athletic Jarron Collins.

11. Brando

Brando BBW Member

what happened to Matt Geiger?

12. Amare320

Amare320 BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Legacy @ Apr 3 2007, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Donnel Havery, he was a decent prospect after his first couple of years in the nba, wherd he go?Plays in the ABACourtney Alexander ? Released by the Kings in 2003. Signed with the Nuggets in 2006 but was soon waived.A.J. Guyton? he had a cool name Played sparingly with the Warriors in 2003, hasn't been in basketball sinceRodney Buford ? Averaged 6.4 ppg in the NBA. Now plays for Maccabi Tel Aviv (Isreal)Ernest Brown? I thought he was decent. no idea sorryTerence Morris? could of been decent Plays for Hapoel Jerusalem (Isreal). Played in the NBDL in 2003, in Greece in 2004, and the Magic in 2005. No teams were interested in him in 2006 so he went to Isreal to play basketball.Amal McCaskill ? he's a legend. Played 4 season in the NBA. Last with the 76ers (2003).</div>Thanks for the info man!I got some more guys im wondering about 2, il post that later.

13. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Legacy @ Apr 4 2007, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Amal McCaskill ? he's a legend. Played 4 season in the NBA. Last with the 76ers (2003).</div>He was traded with Derrick Coleman to the 76ers for Corliss Williamson. So he last played with Detroit.What's the latest on Jay Williams?

14. PN13

PN13 BBW Member

Jayson Williams: I think he was cut from the Nets earlier this year and is still looking for a team to play for. and played in the DL.How about...Trajan Langdon AKA "Alaskan Assassin"-David Thomas(MSU player)-Lonny Baxter: Played great for MD-Ke(l)vin Torbert(MSU player)-???Delete these extras PLEASE DONT BAN ME! it was an accident

15. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE BBW Elite Member

I was going to put down Jawad Williams, but he's ripping it up in the D-League I guess. Whatever happened to big dog Glen Robinson? Did he ever officially retire. I always loved watching that guy play, all he could do was shoot mid-range jumpers but he was so good at it. He made an NBA career off of it.

16. iFR3SHi

iFR3SHi BBW Elite Member

Lonny Baxter?Ryan Humphrey?Elden Cambell(not sure if he retired)Glen Robinson?Nick Van Exel?

17. Amare320

Amare320 BBW Banned

Pretty sure Nick Van Exel called it a day after his playoff run with the spurs last year.

18. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE BBW Elite Member

Was caught in a shoot out in Washington D.C. like two blocks from the White House....probably in jail but I'm not sure.
    Got waived by the Nets in 04-05 and I'm pretty sure he called it quits after that. He was really old and pretty much useless.
    And I still don't know about Glenn Robinson...did he ever offically retire?!?! Anyone?

19. The Legacy

The Legacy BBW Member

Glenn Robinson won a title with the San Antonio Spurs in 2005 and has not played in the NBA since. I don't think he's officially retired but he's 33.

20. Stones

Stones BBW Member

How 'bout one of my favorite college basketball players of all time: Hollis Price.Last I heard he was doing really well overseas somewhere. Anyone have anything on him?