Amare's Player of the Week (1st Ever)

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by Amare320, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Amare320

Amare320 BBW Banned

Re: Amare's Player of the Week (1st Ever)

ok well at the start of each week im going to pick a current NBA player or Former NBA/ABA Player and post some general infomation about him (stats, bio, etc) kind of like a mini review, it's not a article nor a masterpiece ok. What's the point in this you ask? It' is that I think it will be intresting for everyone here at BBW to appreciate a individual who plays or had played pro basketball whether there a rookie or a hall of famer and then give there opinions and general thoughts on them and so on, I really don't see the bad in taking some time to look at a player and see what they have accomplished.So this now brings us to this weeks Player of the week and the POW is<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"> Kevin Willis</span>Edit: [​IMG]<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Kevin Alvin Willis (born September 6, 1962 in Los Angeles, California) is an American professional basketball player in the NBA. He is a 7-foot power forward/center. At age 44, he is the oldest active player in the league. During his final NBA season (2004-05) was also the oldest player in the league at 42 years of age.Willis played competitively at Jackson Community College and Michigan State University from 1980?84 and was selected in the 1984 NBA Draft by the Atlanta Hawks. He played with the Hawks for nine seasons (plus two games of a tenth season) until 1994. Willis teamed with Dominique Wilkins, Spud Webb, and Doc Rivers to often guide the Hawks to Playoffs appearances as well as providing a fierce rebounding presence in the post. Near the end of his stint with the Hawks, he and Wilkins were both made team captains. Willis was traded to the Miami Heat in 1994. Since then he has played with the Golden State Warriors, two separate stints with the Houston Rockets, the Denver Nuggets, the Toronto Raptors and the San Antonio Spurs. It was in 2003 with the Spurs that he finally won an NBA Championship ring. Willis is one of 15 players in NBA history with over 16,000 career points and 11,000 career rebounds. He was named to the NBA Eastern Conference All-Star Team in 1992, when he finished the season with a career high average of 15.5 rebounds a game.Willis returned to the Hawks for one more season in 2004-05, and by doing so, positioned himself to be the oldest player in the league.Wikipedia*</div>Kevin Willis the former NBA All Star was a great player in his prime and always was contributing when he was on the court or just around the team, he was most recognized for for his strong play and his great rebounding. What I know of Willis is that he was known for his sense of fashion and what he wore before games and also that he was a knowledgeable veteran and a guy people could go to throughout his career and many more things.Here are some of his stats[​IMG]Willis holds career averages of 12.2 ppg, 8.4 rpg, and 0.4 apg while averaging 27 minutes per game in 20 NBA seasons.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTLumgLFjXo (Kevin Wills/Glen Rice Video)Some Intresting StuffMajored in fashion design at MSU Does not have his degree but in scheduled to return to school in the summer of 2003 Has his own clothing line Willis and Walker that specializes in high-end men?s sportswear Didn?t play organized basketball until his junior year of high school Enjoys playing chess An avid weightlifter Enjoys jazz and ?old school? music, listing The Temptations, Marvin Gaye and The Jackson 5 as his favorites Favorite movie is The Ten Commandments Loves dogs Plans on getting two German Shepherds next summer He and brother Robert are involved in the Atlanta Children?s Village, a 125-acre residential facility for disadvantaged children that will open in the fall of 2003 Operating with the theme ?It takes a whole village to raise a child,? the organization hopes to partner with additional NBA players to develop similar programs in other NBA cities -<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>On March 30, 2007, the Dallas Morning News reported that Willis needs to only pass a physical and he will then be able to sign with the Western Conference-leading Dallas Mavericks. Willis, who did not play in 2005-06, will take the team's vacant 15th roster spot.The deal became official when he signed a 10-day contract with the Mavericks on April 2.</div>If you have any video footage or anymore info on Kevin Willis, feel free to post it.thoughts people, Kevin Willis a NBA Great and now a return to the court with a minor role with the best team in the NBA the Dallas Mavericks.*If a moderater wishes to move this, that is okay, this is an acceptable topic which has a point to it so I do not think it should be deleted. If it's okay then next week I can follow this up with another NBA Player which will consist of a more detailed write up.

2. coyn3burglar

coyn3burglar BBW Elite Member

Beast. didn't he also have a disease that shortened his arms?

3. Amare320

Amare320 BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (coyn3burglar @ Apr 4 2007, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Beast. didn't he also have a disease that shortened his arms?</div>Im not sure, ah il try find out.

4. bbwSaint Baller

bbwSaint Baller BBW Member

It's not a diesease, he just had a shorter wing-span than what he should have. Smaller arms..

5. Something-To-Say

Something-To-Say BBW Banned

I wouldn't call this player of the week, that makes it sound like a player that's played and done well the past week.

6. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Something-To-Say @ Apr 6 2007, 05:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I wouldn't call this player of the week, that makes it sound like a player that's played and done well the past week.</div>haha exactly what I thought maybe change the name of the thread?

7. KobeBryant_24

KobeBryant_24 BBW Elite Member

^Ummm.... player of the week is fine... they were players then, and were recognizing them for it.

8. Amare320

Amare320 BBW Banned

ahh I guess il change it anyway..il change it to Flashback player of the week for today.. even though in the future il be doing current players aswell as players of the past so il need to change it sooner or later.il need to think of one il stay witheg. Superstar of the week, Basketball POW, etc.. I don't know at all! I will think of somthing.edit: I can't change it!

9. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (coyn3burglar @ Apr 4 2007, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Beast. didn't he also have a disease that shortened his arms?</div>It's called being a dinosaur.......Keep it up amare

10. Amare320

Amare320 BBW Banned

From today's game against Portland.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Seconds later, 44-year-old Kevin Willis made his Mavs debut, drawing a standing ovation from fans who had just gotten back into their seats. The veteran big man needed only 11 seconds to get his first foul and got another before the half. The period ended with him looking at an official to make sure he didn't get hit with his third foul at the buzzer.</div>He also had one block, just had to post this news.edit: <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Willis then tried to make a nonchalant dash to the locker room -- only he went the wrong way, needing one of his new teammates to point him to a different tunnel.</div>haha