How far can the Rockets go?

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by ProStix#6, Apr 4, 2007.

1. ProStix#6

ProStix#6 BBW Member

Hopefully past the first round. Now that both McGrady and Yao both healthy and they know how to play off each other, I think they could possibly be a spoiler in the upcoming playoffs. Any thoughts?

2. Strike3

Strike3 BBW Elite Member

They will win it all man trust me

3. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 BBW Elite Member

I think they can get past the Jazz and give the Mavs a good run, but I highly doubt they can take out the Mavs in a 7 game series. But with arguably 2 top 10 players in the league, a great supporting cast, and top defense in the league....no one wants to face this team come playoff time.

4. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

Second round is about their limit in the tough Western conference. They have a great first round matchup against the Jazz who I believe will be the first round series with the best basketball by both teams. The Jazz-Rockets series could go either way however the winner has to face Dallas in a 7 game series that neither can stay up with. To me the team that comes out of the Jazz-Rockets first round matchup will be the team that executes offensively as both are defensive machines. In the East, Houston could get to the finals, but out West, I can't see them getting past the second round.

5. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

If you like the way basketball was played 30, 40 years ago, then the Houston-Utah 1st round playoff matchup would be something to see for you. They both run set plays, they play tough defense, they're gritty, and they both play as a team. In my mind, I think Utah should prevail because of Jerry Sloan's playoff experience, and TMac's ability not to even get past the 1st round once in his career. I think Houston will lose to Utah in the 1st round, if they are matched up together, but Houston still has a good chance to get as far as the 2nd round in a TOUGH Western Conference.

6. The Legacy

The Legacy BBW Member

I definetley think people overrate the Rockets. The Jazz are a much more talented defensive team and run a more consistant offense (you know what you'll get from each player). The Jazz also have the advantage of Memo Okur who will force Yao to come out to the 3 point line causing Chuck Hayes or Juwan Howard to become the sole interior defender (where Hayes gives up size and Howard gives up athleticsim). Tracy McGrady can probably take over a few games but Andrei Kirelinko is still a great defensive player despite his offensive struggels. I think the Jazz would win against the Rockets easily.

7. Opal

Opal Active Member

I say they get past the Jazz and stretch the Mavs to 6 or 7. They have all the pieces now and are finally healthy.

8. YarnIdge

YarnIdge BBW Elite Member

I'm not too sure that the Rockets will get too far in the playoffs. They much up real good with the Jazz and might be able to win that 1st round series but like others have said, that's as far as they'll go. Maybe take the Mavs to 6 games.

9. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Legacy @ Apr 4 2007, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I definetley think people overrate the Rockets. The Jazz are a much more talented defensive team and run a more consistant offense (you know what you'll get from each player). The Jazz also have the advantage of Memo Okur who will force Yao to come out to the 3 point line causing Chuck Hayes or Juwan Howard to become the sole interior defender (where Hayes gives up size and Howard gives up athleticsim). Tracy McGrady can probably take over a few games but Andrei Kirelinko is still a great defensive player despite his offensive struggels. I think the Jazz would win against the Rockets easily.</div>I really do not see how people over-rate the Houston Rockets. The Jazz are a better defensive team due to a great experienced coach and a nicely built defensive squad however I'm sure that the Rockets could rotate on Mehmet when he's taking three's. Both are great defensive squads, this series will be won by offensive execution. The Jazz like to pound it inside to Boozer who won't be able to get the post position and easy paint points with Yao/Mt. Mutumbo altering/blocking shots. While AK47 is a proven defender who will matchup well against T-mac. However can Okur stop Yao? Chances are they won't, the Jazz will have to double Yao opening up lanes for a squad stalked with role players. To me the Rockets have more offensive matcup advantages over the Jazz in this series, and that is what it comes down to in close series like this.

10. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

Probably to outer space.Serious response, with Tracy McGrady's track record I say not beyond the first round. Which would probably piss some people off but until he proves he can get out of it, then I'm sticking with the opposition aka the Jazz in this one.

11. mavsfan1000

mavsfan1000 BBW Elite Member

Rockets will lose to the Mavs in the second round in 6 games is my prediction. Golden State might actually be a bigger threat to Dallas.

12. Tenaglia

Tenaglia BBW Member

I think Rockets can win the campionship...The team is so good, and they have two fantastic players:Yao and T-Mac.Im sure they have to work a lot to win teams like Dallas and Phoenix, but I think they can.And in my opinion, if they win the West Conference, they will win the NBA.

13. Suns Fan Guy

Suns Fan Guy BBW Elite Member

I want to point out a fact to Rockets fans. THE ROCKETS CAN'T BEAT THE SUNS IF THEIR LIVES DEPENDED ON IT!!!! We're too fast and Yao becomes a non-factor.

14. mavsfan1000

mavsfan1000 BBW Elite Member

Not a good time to endorse the rockets as they just lost 2 in a row. Yao just doesn't have that killer instinct and their guards play pretty stupid sometimes.

15. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

They are the 4th best in the NBA just like Denver behind Dallas, Suns, and Spurs of course.Rockets are 4th best they can beat any other team in the league Yao/T-Mac duo with there D and them being able to shoot the 3 there going to be crazy hard to beat.I say they are locked for the 2nd round. And in the 2nd round depends who they play. But it be hard to beat Dallas, Suns, Spurs but they take them to 6-7 games FOR SURE.

16. Strike3

Strike3 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rok @ Apr 4 2007, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Probably to outer space.Serious response, with Tracy McGrady's track record I say not beyond the first round. Which would probably piss some people off but until he proves he can get out of it, then I'm sticking with the opposition aka the Jazz in this one.</div>This will be the year that he gets past the 1st round