Cleveland Cavaliers @ Washington Wizards

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by CelticBalla32, Apr 6, 2007.

1. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div align="center">[​IMG] <span style="font-size:24pt;line-height:100%">@</span> [​IMG]April 6, 2007 - 8:00 pm ET<span style="color:#FF0000">Game on ESPN</span></div><span style="color:#990000">Cleveland Cavaliers</span> <span style="color:#CC9933">(45-31)</span>[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]<span style="color:#CC9933">PG</span> <span style="color:#990000">Larry Hughes</span> <span style="color:#CC9933">SG</span> <span style="color:#990000">Sasha Pavlovic</span> <span style="color:#CC9933">SF</span> <span style="color:#990000">LeBron James</span> <span style="color:#CC9933">PF</span> <span style="color:#990000">Drew Gooden</span> <span style="color:#CC9933">C</span> <span style="color:#990000">Zydrunas Ilgauskas</span> <span style="color:#CC9933">Key Bench Players:</span> <span style="color:#990000">Anderson Varejao, Daniel Gibson, Eric Snow, Donyell Marshall, Scot Pollard</span><span style="color:#3333FF">Washington Wizards</span> <span style="color:#996633">(39-35)</span>[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]<span style="color:#996633">PG</span> <span style="color:#3333FF">Antonio Daniels</span> <span style="color:#996633">SG</span> <span style="color:#3333FF">DeShawn Stevenson</span> <span style="color:#996633">SF</span> <span style="color:#3333FF">Jarvis Hayes</span> <span style="color:#996633">PF</span> <span style="color:#3333FF">Antawn Jamison</span> <span style="color:#996633">C</span> <span style="color:#3333FF">Etan Thomas</span> <span style="color:#996633">Key Bench Players:</span> <span style="color:#3333FF">Darius Songaila, Michael Ruffin, Calvin Booth, Roger Mason Jr., Brendan Haywood</span> Injury Report<span style="color:#996633">WAS:</span> <span style="color:#3333FF">Gilbert Arenas will not play (torn left knee)</span><span style="color:#996633">WAS:</span> <span style="color:#3333FF">Caron Butler will not play (broken hand)</span><span style="color:#996633">WAS:</span> <span style="color:#3333FF">Andray Blatche will not play (sprained left knee)</span> Who To Watch Out For[​IMG]<span style="color:#990000">LeBron James</span><span style="color:#CC9933">Season Stats: 27.6 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 6.0 apg, 1.6 spg</span>[​IMG]<span style="color:#990000">Larry Hughes</span><span style="color:#CC9933">Season Stats: 14.9 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 3.6 apg</span>[​IMG]<span style="color:#990000">Zydrunas Ilgauskas</span><span style="color:#CC9933">Season Stats: 11.8 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 1.3 bpg</span>[​IMG]<span style="color:#3333FF">Antawn Jamison</span><span style="color:#996633">Season Stats: 19.5 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 2.0 apg</span> Rookie Watch[​IMG] <span style="color:#CC9933">CLE:</span> <span style="color:#990000">Daniel Gibson</span><span style="color:#000000">Overall Selection: 42</span><span style="color:#CC9933">Season Stats:</span> <span style="color:#990000">4.7 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 1.2 apg</span>[​IMG] <span style="color:#CC9933">CLE:</span> <span style="color:#990000">Shannon Brown</span><span style="color:#000000">Overall Selection: 25</span><span style="color:#CC9933">Season Stats:</span> <span style="color:#990000">3.2 ppg, 0.9 rpg</span><span style="color:#990000">Cleveland's X-Factor</span><span style="color:#CC9933">Control</span><span style="color:#990000">As long as Cleveland takes care of the ball and plays under control, they should have no problem winning this game. They can't throw the ball away and they can't collapse at the end of the game, much like last night. So again, as long as they take care of the ball, they should win this game.</span><span style="color:#3333FF">Washington's X-Factor</span>[​IMG]<span style="color:#3333FF">DeShawn Stevenson</span><span style="color:#996633">Season Stats: 11.0 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 2.6 apg</span><span style="color:#996633">Post All-Star Break: 13.6 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 2.6 apg</span><span style="color:#3333FF">No Gil, no Caron. Stevenson will need to do a lot on both ends of the floor. He has been playing pretty solid basketball since the All-Star break, but he really needs to elevate his game tonight. He'll be guarding LeBron and he'll need to score a bit. He's key tonight.</span> <div align="center">Key Matchup[​IMG] vs. [​IMG]<span style="color:#990000">LeBron James</span> <span style="color:#000000">vs.</span> <span style="color:#3333FF">DeShawn Stevenson</span></div><span style="color:#000000">LeBron vs. Butler would have been a lot more interesting, but Stevenson will need to bring his A-Game tonight. He can defend, but LeBron is out of this world. Chances are, LeBron will "get his" tonight, but we'll see if Stevenson can disrupt him.</span> CelticBalla's Extra Thoughts/NotesCleveland needs to get these wins. Each game is big for Cleveland, they need to get that 2nd seed back. That is a huge difference, when you are talking about the difference of Cleveland matching up with New Jersey in the 1st round or Miami/Toronto. They need to get as many wins as possible, and they HAVE to win "gimme's" like this one. CelticBalla's PredictionIf Cleveland takes care of the ball, they will win the game. They should definitely win this one, no doubt about it. They need it and they have a big advantage with Gilbert/Caron out for Washington. I think they'll take it.

2. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

Should be an easy win for us, unless Mike Brown feels like we have a easy game to lose. I'm just so sick of the guy coaching the team. If we can get this win and if the Nets can win their game against the Bulls, we will be back in the driver seat. Also, Ira Newble is gonna be out for this game. Our superstar now! :no1:

3. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

Wizards need to pull it together and keep 6th seed and this needs to start here. We're playing the Cavs who are slightly inconsistent and don't always play the smartest basketball. Antonio Daniels will need to come up big and have a crazy game like he did against the Bobcats. (18 Pts/17 Assists) The key for the wiz will be how Jarvis does against LeBron and playing Etan/Brendan strong in the post. Jarvis's defense has improved through the year although it is far from great and he should do what he can gainst LeBron. Now Etan has been playing great since he replaced Brendan in the starting lineup but I'd still like to see Brendan take on BigZ in the post and get some easy points. Knowing Eddie Jordan however, Brendan won't be playing. If we're going to come together at all with the Caron/Gilbert injuries then it needs to start tonight.

4. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

Before, I would have said Cavs by 15+, and LeBron lights us up for more than 30. But I have a good feeling about tonight. A lot of guys are stepping up in Gil's and Caron's absences, such as Antonio, Etan, and Jarvis. Those guys are all in the lineup and will need to come up big tonight. DeShawn guarding LeBron is a nice matchup to look out for, DeShawn will be giving up 3-4 inches but he also has the size and physique to match up with LeBron. Cleveland isn't that efficent on the offensive end, they have these plays where nothing is going right, and a majority of their points come from the FT line and they never seem to get good looks (last night was a good example). Washington will be plagued by the same problem tonight, without their two all-stars. I have faith in Daniels running the team's offense, though. All I'm going to say is, this game is going to be a lot closer than what most people think.

5. Point Blank

Point Blank BBW Member

Wizards bench needs to step up tonight if they want to even think about winning. I want to see Jarvis Hayes have a good game for some reason..He hasnt really proved me anything yet.

6. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Point Blank @ Apr 6 2007, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Wizards bench needs to step up tonight if they want to even think about winning. I want to see Jarvis Hayes have a good game for some reason..He hasnt really proved me anything yet.</div>He hasn't really proved any Wizards fans anything either. [​IMG] Jarvis is a very streaky and inconsistent shooter. However he has focused a bit more on defending and rebounding which is nice. Earlier this year he would just spot up and miss a jumper now his offensive game is a bit more complete. His offensive game has improved through this year but not to the extent that I think the Wizards should resign him.

7. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

Time for Larry Hughes to own his old team!! I once rooted for the Wizards for three season's, now I am against them. w00t. lol.

8. Point Blank

Point Blank BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Apr 6 2007, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He hasn't really proved any Wizards fans anything either. [​IMG] Jarvis is a very streaky and inconsistent shooter. However he has focused a bit more on defending and rebounding which is nice. Earlier this year he would just spot up and miss a jumper now his offensive game is a bit more complete. His offensive game has improved through this year but not to the extent that I think the Wizards should resign him.</div>Yeah I watch alot of Wizards games since I live in MD. I'm a fan a him and want him to do good..im just waiting for him to breakout.

9. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

Mike Brown is horrible, and this team has no heart. I am embarrassed to call myself a Cleveland Cavaliers fan! :rock:

10. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

Boy Jamison came out to play! Antawn has 21 points in the first half on 10-15 shooting. Wizards are moving the ball around great and getting it into to the post which is Cleveland's weakness. On the defensive end we're playing better than we usually do however nothing stunning. I like the half court offense we're running rather than the fast break, smart move by Eddie. Ira Newble hit two big three's to get the game close and Cavaliers took a 1 pt lead with 2 minutes left in the half but then the Wizards went off and now have an 8 point lead. Should be a crazy second half.45-53 Wiz.

11. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

My boy 'Tawn is lighting those bitches up, hell yeah.. Seriously, this is pretty much what we expected from Antawn with Gil and Caron going down. As for everyone else, they're doing pretty good, but no one else is in double-figures, either. AD already with 8 assists at the half, continuing his superb play from Wednesday. Hopefully, the Wizards (Jamison) can keep this up and not commit as many turnovers they did in that half. Go Wizards!

12. Amare320

Amare320 BBW Banned

LeBron is too damn pussy, he missed like every single one of his jumpshots in the game he's too scared to drive the ball to the hoop all game long, if he did then we would of seen more of a win for the cavs.Wizards played good, liked there effort tonight.

13. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

Wizards fall 93-98 after losing a 8 point lead. One thing I can't be upset about is that the Wizards do play with alot of heart, without Caron and Gilbert they do not have fourth quarter players to get the entire team in an offensive rythem late in the game. It resulted in dumb turnovers and plays down the stretch. Wizards in the fourth quarted commited tons of turnovers and missed plenty of key freethrows to stay in it. That's what happens when your two best players go down in an injury.Wiz fall to a record of 39-36, also do not clinch playoff berth.

14. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

Damnit, all we need to do is get one f*cking win and we're in the playoffs.Ugh.. missed FTs and turnovers killed us down the stretch.

15. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

Wizards missed some very key free throws down at the end of the game and it cost them in the end. At least James hit his free throws. [​IMG] Man he was just off tonight, but we got the win. Wizards for sure outplayed us, but we found a way to win it. Good game, now I can sleep!!! Maybe..Damn, Nets got owned by the Bulls. Now Cavs gotta beat Detroit. :doh: