Pelicans explore sign-and-trade for Pistons' Greg Monroe

Discussion in 'New Orleans Pelicans' started by truebluefan, Jun 19, 2014.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Greg Monroe was back in his hometown of New Orleans last week to take part in a youth basketball clinic.

But could the Big Easy become a permanent destination for the Detroit Pistons' soon-to-be restricted free agent?

According to a story by NOLA.com, the New Orleans Pelicans might be interested in a sign-and-trade deal with the Pistons for Monroe, a 6-foot-11 power forward who has averaged 14 points and nine rebounds in four seasons with the Pistons.

Writer Nakia Hogan reported that the Pelicans have inquired about the possibility of acquiring Monroe, who grew up in New Orleans before spending one season at Georgetown.

"I'm hoping and praying that I will have some options," Monroe told NOLA.com. "As it looks right now I will have some. But I am just preparing myself and doing the normal things that I would around this time, working out. And on July 1, I'll be with my agent and we'll go through the process together."

- See more at: http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.ssf/2014/06/report_new_orleans_pelicans_ex.html