Eric Gordon two months removed from surgery: ‘The knee is doing well’

Discussion in 'New Orleans Pelicans' started by truebluefan, Jun 19, 2014.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Eric Gordon has spent his offseason rehabbing after undergoing arthroscopic surgery on April 16 – exactly two months ago today. Although he’s not yet back out on the floor, he’s comfortable where he’s at with rehab and strengthening the knee.

“The knee is doing well,” Gordon told VigilantSports.com. “I’ve been running, moving around very well now. There’s no rush but I mean I’m good now.”

The surgery was to his left, healthier knee. It was a cleanup operation, and very minor, he said. The Pelican guard had the same procedure before on his right knee, which has been more troubling to him throughout his career.

“I think overcompensation happened probably to this left knee,” he said, with his left hand rubbing his knee. “It just needed a very minor cleanup. I’m fine now.”

Gordon, 25, was back home in Indianapolis last week for his sixth-annual basketball camp at the JCC, but he’s spent most of the offseason out in Los Angeles. He still has his place from when he played his first three NBA seasons with the Clippers (2008-11). For much of this offseason, Gordon has been training with Ron McClenahan as part of his rehab, and he said he hasn’t been working out with other players and instead focused on getting his body right. -

See more at: http://www.vigilantsports.com/2014/...ng-well/well-309143.html#sthash.aQsj7Yuw.dpuf