Dwyane Wade....

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by BrewCityBuck, Apr 9, 2007.

1. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

I was just mindlessly looking at statistics and noticed Dwyane Wade is averaging 7.9 assists a game this season....holy fricken christ I had no idea....pretty impressive for a guy putting up 28ppg.

2. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

It is unbelievable. James did the same but was averaging 30 ppg/7apg/7rpg. Something along the lines of that. But Wade has had a great season and when he went down it really hurt, but again his team has been doing great while he was out.

3. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 BBW Elite Member

What Wade has done this year, for a 6'4'' guard, is incredible. 28.8PPG on 49.6% shooting last time I checked, 8APG, 5RPG, over 2SPG, and about 1.5BPG. Also a career high in FT %. Not to mention he outscored 2 whole teams in the 4th quarter within 2 weeks of each other (Cavs and Spurs). If everyone was healthy on the heat from the start of the year, and wade never got injured, he'd probably be this year's MVP.

4. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE BBW Elite Member

Wade is insane. He's the best combo guard in the NBA as far as I'm concerned.

5. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

damn, that's an odd dude. Nets fan, tmac is his fave player, a laker in his avatar, and thinks wade is the best player in the league.And yeah, Wade has has a great season. Basically the same as what AI's been doing +rebounds and FG%

6. Nitro1118

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tHe_pEsTiLeNcE @ Apr 9 2007, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>damn, that's an odd dude. Nets fan, tmac is his fave player, a laker in his avatar, and thinks wade is the best player in the league.And yeah, Wade has has a great season. Basically the same as what AI's been doing +rebounds and FG%</div>No, Wade is not the best player in the league, Kobe is. I just loved the pic and had to make it into a sig. Plus blocks and a ring to show for it all...

7. mavsfan1000

mavsfan1000 BBW Elite Member

The difference between Wade and Iverson is the fg%. Though points and assists are about the same the field goal percentage of Wade is way ahead of Iverson. Wade is a top 5 player in the league imo.

8. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mavsfan1000 @ Apr 9 2007, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The difference between Wade and Iverson is the fg%. Though points and assists are about the same the field goal percentage of Wade is way ahead of Iverson. Wade is a top 5 player in the league imo.</div>Wow that's really going out on a limb [​IMG]

9. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mavsfan1000 @ Apr 9 2007, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The difference between Wade and Iverson is the fg%. Though points and assists are about the same the field goal percentage of Wade is way ahead of Iverson. Wade is a top 5 player in the league imo.</div>Yeah, the FG% is basically the only statistical difference between the two. Everything else is very similar, aside from the 3-point shooting (that is in Iverson's favor). I think next season though Iverson could put up more efficient numbers, which isn't out of the question considering how much his shooting percentages have gone up since being traded (aside from free throws).But I didn't know Wade was putting up 8 assists a night... it'll be interesting to see how effective he'll be the rest of the way though coming back from that shoulder injury.Just a quick question though, I know he rehabbed the shoulder, but did he ever say that he's going to get surgery in the offseason or is he just going to continue to rehab it?

10. Nitro1118

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigMo763 @ Apr 9 2007, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, the FG% is basically the only statistical difference between the two. Everything else is very similar, aside from the 3-point shooting (that is in Iverson's favor). I think next season though Iverson could put up more efficient numbers, which isn't out of the question considering how much his shooting percentages have gone up since being traded (aside from free throws).But I didn't know Wade was putting up 8 assists a night... it'll be interesting to see how effective he'll be the rest of the way though coming back from that shoulder injury.Just a quick question though, I know he rehabbed the shoulder, but did he ever say that he's going to get surgery in the offseason or is he just going to continue to rehab it?</div>He said it's starting to feel so well that he might not have to get surgery, but the early reports were that he'd definately need surgery. I still think he'll go for surgery.

11. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

Wade brings great court vision, uncanny scoring, and good defense but even if he's having a bad night and is stacked with turnovers he will show up in the fourth when his team needs him. You never need to worry about Wade losing confidence and collapsing through a game proving that he is in fact a leader. Wade puts up one of the sickest stat-lines in the NBA but as shocking as it is his value is even more than that and now he's returning to a Heat squad that surged even without Wade.