Golden State is HAWT

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by Clangus, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Clangus

Clangus BBW Elite Member

I think they actually caught them today with a win and a clips loss. But what im interested in is the fact that they are playing so well lately. If they make the playoffs, thier first round matchup would be Dallas- Now 0f the possible 8th seeds I think GS would cause the most trouble for Dallas- having already beat them this season. They Have some MAJOR ATHLETES- BDiddy is playing like he used to and Jrich is a tough matchup. I dont expect them to win by any means but if they did I wouldn't be that shocked. Solid solid team with a great coach. They are the Playoff darkhorse that is actually a dark horse.

2. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 BBW Elite Member

I don't think GS would knock off Dallas, but they match up extremely well with them. Dallas tends to struggle with great perimeter scorers, and that is all the Warriors really are. They also have some good low post presences (especially Biedrins defensively), and they are a tough to stop uptempo team. In a 7 game series, dallas would exploit their defensive problems and would eventually win, but I could see it being a tough series. Not to mention Nelson is the guy who built up the current Mavs team, know them inside-out, and really mentored Avery into the coach he is today. Don't think for 1 second that wouldn't factor into the series as well.

3. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

<span style="font-family:Arial">Golden State has been on fire since early March, I think beating Detroit was a major confidence booster for the Warriors. After they defeated Detroit is when I started to notice a huge change in the Warriors success, Don Nelson has the entire team marching to one beat. They will give Dallas a solid matchup, I could see the series going 6 games.I think Baron Davis deserves most of the credit for the Warriors stellar play. He has elevated his game to a whole new level since coming back from knee surgery earlier in the season. They are tied with the Clippers for 8th place in the Western Conference. Since both teams are tied against each other in the regular season series, if they finish with the same record then how does that work? </span>

4. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BALLAHOLLIC? @ Apr 10 2007, 02:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><span style="font-family:Arial">Golden State has been on fire since early March, I think beating Detroit was a major confidence booster for the Warriors. After they defeated Detroit is when I started to notice a huge change in the Warriors success, Don Nelson has the entire team marching to one beat. They will give Dallas a solid matchup, I could see the series going 6 games.I think Baron Davis deserves most of the credit for the Warriors stellar play. He has elevated his game to a whole new level since coming back from knee surgery earlier in the season. They are tied with the Clippers for 8th place in the Western Conference. Since both teams are tied against each other in the regular season series, if they finish with the same record then how does that work? </span></div>Either conference record or strength of victory, not sure which.

5. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

Better conference record is the next tiebreaker after head-to-head record.

6. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

<span style="font-family:Arial">Thanks for clearing that up for me, I wasn't sure how it would work. The Warriors have a better record against teams in the Western Conference, they have nothing to worry about.</span>

7. mavsfan1000

mavsfan1000 BBW Elite Member

Yep Golden State is playing very well right now. They will lose to Dallas though. They are a team built more for the regular season like all Don Nelson teams are.

8. Diawsome

Diawsome BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BALLAHOLLIC? @ Apr 10 2007, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><span style="font-family:Arial"> They are tied with the Clippers for 8th place in the Western Conference. Since both teams are tied against each other in the regular season series, if they finish with the same record then how does that work? </span></div>Actually the next tie breaker would be division win% as they both are in the same division. Right now the Clippers have the edge needing only 1 win (3 games remaining, @ LAL & Phoenix and home vs Sactown) or Golden State loss (home vs Sactown) to guarantee themselves a better division record thus owning the tie breaker. If LA loses all three games and Golden State beats Sacramento then their division records would be identical at 6-10 and Golden State would win the tie breaker by having a better conference record.http://www.nba.com/features/seedingprimer07.htmlTie Breakers go as follows:1. Head-to-Head 2. Division Record (if teams are in same division)3. Conference Record4. Record vs own conference playoff teams5. Record vs other conference playoff teams6. Point differential

9. Trail_Blazer

Trail_Blazer BBW Member

I'm really hoping Golden State gets that final Playoff spot. I think the LA Clippers have completely under-achieved this year, despite the numerous injuries. Just really disappointing. The Warriors have a good chance of upsetting Dallas in the 1st round, especially since they've beaten the Mavs twice this season.

10. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Well-Known Member

after 12 years, it'd be good to see G-state in the playoffs.Even though they'll lose to the Mavs, I think they can keep most of the games close but there will be at least 1 Mavs run them off the court game in the series.

11. Marvinmartian

Marvinmartian BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Trail_Blazer @ Apr 10 2007, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'm really hoping Golden State gets that final Playoff spot. I think the LA Clippers have completely under-achieved this year, despite the numerous injuries. Just really disappointing. The Warriors have a good chance of upsetting Dallas in the 1st round, especially since they've beaten the Mavs twice this season.</div>They have a "slight astronanomical" chance at best, but it won't happen.And if all you're going off of is the wins the Warriors have over the Mavs this season...then you put WAY too much into regular season games...

12. The Captain

The Captain BBW VIP

I feel GS has a very solid future. Pair Biedrens and Ellis together, that's a nice young pair. If they could attract a big name FA one of these upcoming years, and continue to draft well, I could see them becoming a top 5 seed in the West.

13. S_Gurad

S_Gurad BBW Elite Member

A dangerous team filled with many versatile Shooting guardish players. But that could be their downfall. Don't be suprised tho...

14. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I think Baron Davis deserves most of the credit for the Warriors stellar play. He has elevated his game to a whole new level since coming back from knee surgery earlier in the season. They are tied with the Clippers for 8th place in the Western Conference. Since both teams are tied against each other in the regular season series, if they finish with the same record then how does that work?</div>The truth is the credit for the Warriors' stellar play is being healthy. They've only had 16 healthy games with this new team and are 12-4 with it, being Detroit, Phoenix, Utah, Houston, and Dallas in that stretch. If they finish with the same record it's probably the clippers as it's division record, which the warriors are doing a lot worse at.I was really trying hard to restrain myself from starting a Warriors thread, but they are playing the best ball in the league after San Antonio and maybe Dallas right now. They are probably the most athletic team in the league, and are simply 48 minutes of hell. The Warriors have an eight man rotation, and every player in that rotation is a great athlete who averages double figures. The Warriors' starting lineup that has caused the great play isG - EllisG - DavisF - RichardsonF - JacksonC - HarringtonThat's right, they're playing with a 6'9 center that likes driving and taking threes, with four superathletic guards backing them up. Their ENTIRE STARTING FIVE averaged 15+ ppg. There is no team in the league with as much speed as the Warriors, which is why they're so difficult to stop.50 wins next year is definitely not out of the realm of possibility if you've watched this team.

15. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

They are playing decent, but I honestly think it would go no further than 5 if they played Dallas in the first round. They matchup decently with them though...Considering Dallas doesn't have a real inside presence (Dirk plays mostly on the perimeter of course), then Golden State would be able to guard them pretty well and matchup well. Still, they would get eliminated in 5 IMO...The way they are playing right now, they are going small and it works against some teams, and its terrible against others. If they played the Spurs in the playoffs, they would get raped. The other night against the Spurs, Tim Duncan did whatever the hell he wanted to. Also, Golden State is a pretty bad defensive team...They are playing pretty decent right now, but not enough to make any noise in the playoffs.

16. ballerman2112

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Captain @ Apr 10 2007, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I feel GS has a very solid future. Pair Biedrens and Ellis together, that's a nice young pair. If they could attract a big name FA one of these upcoming years, and continue to draft well, I could see them becoming a top 5 seed in the West.</div>Biedrens is barely even playing right now as it is...Since Golden State went to "small ball", they have been playing alot better. He is a decent defender, but he wont ever be anything but a defender and a role player....

17. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The other night against the Spurs, Tim Duncan did whatever the hell he wanted to. Also, Golden State is a pretty bad defensive team...</div>If you saw that Spurs game, the Warriors kept right with them until the final minutes. The final score was not indicative of how close the game was.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>They are playing decent</div><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>They are playing pretty decent right now</div>I really don't know how you can just say they're only playing "decent" when they're #3 in the league over their last 15 games.

18. ballerman2112

Actually, I was at the Spurs game, and Tim Duncan did whatever the hell he wanted to with them. And the Spurs had a lead on them the entire game...The score was exactley how the game was played. The Spurs always had an edge on them, and they broke it open at the end...Hmmm....I didnt realize they were doing that well...Its only 15 games though. We will see how well they perform in these last games and in the playoffs.

19. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

Since that 8 man trade Golden State has come together and played great Pheonix Suns style basketball. I was pulling for the Warriors to grab the 8th seed and finally play a series after their long playoff absence. Warriors have a very talented squad filled with good attitude and the desire to succeed. The key to the Warriors succes since March has been coming together as a team and Monta Ellis becoming one of the hardest players to defend in the NBA due to his athletecism and speed.Although I do not think they will knock out Dallas I could see them bothering the Mavericks for the first couple of games becuase of their small lineup. I love watching the Warriors, they run a crazy fast offense which allows them on some nights to contend with any team in the NBA. However if they're going to be a playoff threat in the future they need to improve their defense which is one of the worst in the NBA.Hope the Warriors keep 8th seed can't wait to see them in the playoffs.

20. The Legacy

The Legacy BBW Member

The Pacers completely got ripped on that trade. What the f*ck was Donnie Walsh and Larry Bird thinking? Man, I sure miss Baby Al. Stephen Jackson had to go, that's understandable, but Sarunas and Al Harrington we should've kept. The Pacers front office = wtf?