Bonzi leaves Rockets

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by SirLaker, Apr 10, 2007.

1. SirLaker

SirLaker BBW MOD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Real GM: AP - Bonzi Wells' trying first season with the Rockets took a strange turn on Monday night when the guard didn't join his team for their game against the SuperSonics. Wells was not with the team during their walkthrough on Monday morning and wasn't in the arena before the game, coach Jeff Van Gundy said. Wells left a voice message for Rockets' trainer Keith Jones saying he felt he was disrupting the chemistry of the team, and Van Gundy was unable to get in touch with Wells. "He's not here tonight. I don't know where he's at. I haven't talked to him," Van Gundy said. "I want to make sure he's safe first."</div>Dam...talk about mental problems. First the guy signs with the Rockets instead of taking the King's huge offer and takes half the season to get in shape, and then he just distances himself and leaves. Wow.

2. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

No, he went through a series of injuries, thats why he wasnt in shape. This is weird, AND the fact he has two friends hes known for atleast 4 or 5 years from Memphis(Battier, Tsakalidias). I hope hes okay,.

3. Trail_Blazer

Trail_Blazer BBW Member

I've always liked Wells... I don't believe the decision for him to join Houston over Sacramento's huge offer was a fault of his own... I think he left it up to his agent, and someone said on a broadcast one night that his agent pretty much F*cked up or something... Pretty weird that he'd do something like this though...

4. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

hope he's ok. that's so weird

5. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

I have never heard of NBA players just not showing up for games....Because he feels he was "disrupting team chemistry"? That sounds awful fishy to me...

6. KMart?

KMart? BBW Elite Member

Definitely a strange move, one I'm interested to see unfold.

7. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

Everyone seems to agree that this is very unusual. Bonzi's was much more involved in the Sacramento offense and was a missing piece coming into this year while in Houston he had a mediocre year. Finally when it seems that he's getting back into Bonzi form he falls apart and leaves? This is very strange.

8. Amare320

Amare320 BBW Banned

Not good ...I hope Bonzi works things out.

9. YarnIdge

YarnIdge BBW Elite Member

It was a matter of time before we saw something going wrong with Bonzi, All year he hasn't had much PT and was mostly on the inactive roster. It's really too bad that he had those injuries earlier in the season, otherwise he might've been part of the rotation. I wonder what move he's gonna make in the offseason.

10. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

I hope he comes back to Memphis...I know he misses us.. :yes1: I was watching Coast-to-Coast, they said Wells and Van Gundy didnt get along. So I guess he was telling the truth when he said he didnt want to disrupt the chemistry. Too bad...but I really want him back in Memphis. Its probably not going to happen...but he was my fav. griz along with Crazy Ass Pose....

11. Amare320

Amare320 BBW Banned

I liked bonzi as a Blazer, go back to Portland in the offseason!!

12. iFR3SHi

iFR3SHi BBW Elite Member

Wow and they are paying this dude this season? Common he should have atleast let Gundy have a talk with him instead of just ignoring or making him worried.