Sergey Karasev: "I was told that the Nets showed serious interest to me,"

Discussion in 'Brooklyn Nets' started by truebluefan, Jul 11, 2014.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Sergey Karasev spoke with Sport-Express, the big Russian sports site from Las Vegas Thursday, before departing for Orlando and the Nets summer league team, then on arrival with Lenn Robbins, the Nets' in-house beat writer.

He told S-E how much he's looking forward to working out with his Olympic teammate, Andrei Kirilenko ... and how the Nets told him that they insisted he be included in the deal. He told Robbins how because of AK-47 and Mikhail Prokhorov, the Nets are now Russia's team in the NBA.

"I was told that the Nets showed serious interest to me," Karasev told the Sport-Express correspondent. "Like Cleveland was not going to give me up but Brooklyn insisted that I was to be included in the deal along with Jarrett Jack." In fact, NetsDaily was told the Nets could have had picked up a second round pick or two, but wanted the 20-year-old who their scouts had been so high on.

"All Russian people watch Brooklyn," Karasev told Robbins. "I think this is the most popular team in Russia."

See more at http://www.netsdaily.com/2014/7/11/...-was-told-the-nets-insisted-i-be-in-the-trade