McBuckets

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by TomBoerwinkle#1, Jul 15, 2014.

1. TomBoerwinkle#1

TomBoerwinkle#1 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

2. rosenthall

rosenthall Well-Known Member

I've been pleasantly surprised with his play. His shot is lethal. It looks picture perfect, ultra-quick, and he's rip-like good at working off the ball to get himself open for it. I think teams will have to start game planning for it right away.

Not like a "he's a rookie so we'll take our chances and dare him to beat us" type of thing. From day one I wouldn't be surprised if McDermott enters the game with a reputation as a guy that can kill you with his shot.

Him and Snell have both done very well, but so far I feel more comfortable with Doug's success translating.

3. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    I am cautiously optimistic. He's not yet another 3D player like the Bulls have drafted recently. If his game translates to the NBA, we are going to have a winning team that's fun to watch.

4. TomBoerwinkle#1

5. TomBoerwinkle#1

"I feel like that's my biggest strength right now," McDermott said. "I feel like I'm trying to add things to my game every day. I feel like I'm a lot more than a shooter. I think I'm a complete player, and having a coach like Tom Thibodeau, he's only going to help me."*

What has impressed coaches most about McDermott since landing in Chicago, aside from his shooting, is the fact that he is willing to put in the work to get better. It's a characteristic the Bulls look for in draft picks and one that McDermott knows will put him on Thibodeau's good side from the start.*

"I feel like I'm going to have to gain his respect, definitely," McDermott said of Thibodeau. "I'm going to have to work my tail off to get to that point, and I definitely will. I'll be in Chicago all summer up 'til training camp, working on my game, getting back in shape, and we'll see what happens."*

6. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Nice read. Thanks TB#1