Tyson Chandler has arrived

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by BrewCityBuck, Apr 12, 2007.

1. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

Chandler finds his happy place<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>"He's in the same category as a Marcus Camby or an Emeka Okafor," an Eastern Conference assistant coach said. "He's one of the few guys in the league that you actually have to game-plan around his shot-blocking. And I consider him the league's best rebounder -- there really isn't much of a contest."</div>http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writ...dler/index.html I thought this guy was a bust and was overpaid, he's turned his career around and proved everybody wrong.

2. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ Apr 12 2007, 08:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Chandler finds his happy placehttp://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writ...dler/index.html I thought this guy was a bust and was overpaid, he's turned his career around and proved everybody wrong.</div>he was a complete steal!! The Hornets only had to give up P.J. Brown and J.R. Smith. Tyson is phenominal this year and I think he deserves a shot at most improved player.

3. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

JR smith's been pretty good - he was averaging 17 ppg before AI came - and giving up PJ brown may have stopped David West from further improving. I still think that it was a good trade for New Orleans but not a huge steal.

4. Milgod

Milgod BBW Member

I wouldn't say he has proved everyone wrong yet. The expectations people had were higher than he is producing right now. I think he is a great rebounder but he needs to be blocking more shots for a guy his size who doesn't have much of an offensive game. He has certainly improved a lot though.

5. KMart?

KMart? BBW Elite Member

People predicted that Tyson would eventually be one of the best big men in the NBA. Him being one of the best shot blockers and rebounders is great, but it isn't a surpassing of expectation.

6. The Legacy

The Legacy BBW Member

Actually, Tyson's offensive game is getting there. He's leading the NBA in fg% and is averaging near 14 ppg this month while getting limited touches behind Paul and West.

7. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

I completely agree, in Chicago many believed he was a lost cuase but he's been the bright spot in an injury filled year for the Hornets. He really has joined the ranks of Camby and Okafor, I believe that his defensive post prescence will continue to improve through his career. I want to see how he'll matchup against Oden.

8. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

I don't see the guy being a real good offensive force in the league, and thats quite obvious now - but he'll be an elite rebounder/shot blocker for a long time..

9. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Well-Known Member

He's had a really great year.I don't think he'd of had a similar turnaround had he stayed in Chicago.Sometimes players need a change of scenery to start fresh.