Steve Nash, getting away with too much?

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by BrewCityBuck, Apr 12, 2007.

1. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

Too much abuse<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Isn't it fascinating that the referees continue to allow Steve Nash to curse and vocally abuse them without tagging him with Ts? Perhaps there's a secret protocol that grants double MVPs this kind of immunity. Or perhaps it's just Nash's nice guy image (and reality), as well as the league's desperate need to promote a crime-free Caucasian as its model player.</div> What do you guys think? I don't really watch the Suns enough to know how much mouth Steve Nash gives the officials.

2. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

I don't think Nash does as much as this article is trying to make it out to be, but I do think it's ridiculous that guys like Nash/Duncan don't get T'd up that often while Sheed can say "hello sir" and they will T him up. That's all I'm gonna say about that.

3. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>What do you guys think? I don't really watch the Suns enough to know how much mouth Steve Nash gives the officials.</div>When he was with the Mavs, we pretty much had a barking team. Finley, Nash were the main ones. It does get annoying. Howard currently is our barker.CB did a good job bringing up Tim Duncan. He should gets more T's.

4. arnob_detroitbasketball

arnob_detroitbasketball BBW Member

Sheed got a T this season for saying And one when there was no contact. And he got a T for saying Ball Don't Lie, something he says almost every game... I agree that Duncan should be given more T's, its all there Rep.

5. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rok @ Apr 12 2007, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>When he was with the Mavs, we pretty much had a barking team. Finley, Nash were the main ones. It does get annoying. Howard currently is our barker.CB did a good job bringing up Tim Duncan. He should gets more T's.</div>Players like Tim and Nash have earned respect in the league so they get treated differently....I dont have anything against it. They are stand up guys, dont cause any trouble, and they have earned respect from the officials. Players with bad reputations like Wallace get tech's easier because of what they have done in the past. I think the refs just treat guys like Sheed differently because they feel he should have learned by now....As for Duncan, he gives the refs alot of "who, me?" looks, but never says anything bad enough to deserve a tech. As long as you talk to the refs in a calm manner, and dont say anything too bad, your not going to get a tech. Unless you are Sheed...hah

6. KMart?

KMart? BBW Elite Member

All superstars get some form of treatment. Steve Nash happens to get let off if he screams at refs, and he probably gets off with palming violations to boot.Oh well, such is life.

7. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Players like Tim and Nash have earned respect in the league so they get treated differently....I dont have anything against it. They are stand up guys, dont cause any trouble, and they have earned respect from the officials. Players with bad reputations like Wallace get tech's easier because of what they have done in the past. I think the refs just treat guys like Sheed differently because they feel he should have learned by now....As for Duncan, he gives the refs alot of "who, me?" looks, but never says anything bad enough to deserve a tech. As long as you talk to the refs in a calm manner, and dont say anything too bad, your not going to get a tech. Unless you are Sheed...hah</div>I obviously understand that. Still a double standard in the league but that's life.

8. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

If Stephen Jackson whined half as much as Tim Duncan, Jax would have been suspended for violating the amount of T's per year.

9. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Isn't it fascinating that the referees continue to allow Steve Nash to curse and vocally abuse them without tagging him with Ts? Perhaps there's a secret protocol that grants double MVPs this kind of immunity. Or perhaps it's just Nash's nice guy image (and reality), as well as the league's desperate need to promote a crime-free Caucasian as its model player.</div>yeah, it's annoying, because stephen jackson can breath funny (through his one nostril lol) and get a T, but nash almost never gets techs.

10. Michael Bryant

Michael Bryant BBW Elite Member

Yeah, Nash and Duncan can double-team the ref's wife, video tape it, and put it on youtube and nothing will happen. Some players can't even throw the ball against the standard anymore without getting T'd up, that happend to kobe.About Sheed, he has a reputation of bitching. I mean just a couple of years ago, he'd throw a worse tantrum than a f*cking 3-year old. I think the refs just don't want to hear his sh*t anymore.

11. blazerspwnu

blazerspwnu BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ Apr 12 2007, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Too much abuse What do you guys think? I don't really watch the Suns enough to know how much mouth Steve Nash gives the officials.</div>you are who your friends are, and considering he shares a team with the player w/ the second most T's (amare), I dont doubt it too much. He does have a good image, and thats probly a big reason why its a lot harder for nash to get at T then sheed.then theres the spurs, who whine so much the refs have just tuned em out. Or just learned to tolerate it. [​IMG]

12. Something-To-Say

Something-To-Say BBW Banned

Yeah, stupid topic BCB. Don't bring up Nash when at least 40% of the league bitches as much as he does. Amare looks at the refs funny and gets a T, he's becoming Sheed [​IMG]

13. KMart?

KMart? BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Michael Bryant @ Apr 12 2007, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, Nash and Duncan can double-team the ref's wife, video tape it, and put it on youtube and nothing will happen.</div> [​IMG]

14. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

Remember last playoffs when Steve Nash and Kobe Bryant were yelling at eachother? Steve Nash probably becomes more aggressive and vocal when he steps onto the court. It's true though, off the court he is a really nice guy.

15. The`Dream

The`Dream BBW Elite Member

Wow BCB, who wrote that article, Al Sharpton?