Kevin Garnett: "I will not force a trade"

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by BrewCityBuck, Apr 12, 2007.

1. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

Re: Kevin Garnett: "I will not force a trade"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Minnesota Timberwolves star forward Kevin Garnett dismissed the notion that he would try and escape Minnesota for a ready-made championship team. He has played his entire 12-year career in Minnesota, and he dismissed the notion that he would try and force a trade to a playoff-caliber team. "People always expect that because, number one, it sells papers," Garnett said. "Let's keep it real. The (salary cap) dollars are there. When you are dealing with the kids who came to the NBA from high school we take pride in the opportunity we have been given. (Lakers' star) Kobe (Bryant) has been fortunate to stay in L.A., and hopefully (Cleveland's) LeBron (James) will be fortunate to stay where he is. Hopefully, I can stay here and make this right."</div> Well it's official. But all summer were going to hear trade rumors just like we've heard the last couple years. Hopefully this ends all the speculation.

2. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

Nothing is "official." Whether KG demands a trade or not, he will always say the right things in the papers. Allen Iverson did the same thing, and to this day he STILL will tell any media buff that he never asked out. We all know he did, but he won't say it.

3. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

I think it would be a better idea to ask for a trade rather then try and let it happenIt puts more pressure on McHale and forces him to ask for less in return so that there is still talent left on the team KG is traded toFor example if he were traded to Chicago wouldn't they be better off if they were able to keep Deng?If they could back McHale into a corner and get KG without trading Deng how Godly would that be?It would be better for KG imo to ask for a trade because of this reason I said and after a decade of trying to just let things happen he's now sitting here in desperation with the worst GM in the league with his fate in his handsEven if it would make Minnesota fans disappointed..wouldn't you be glad KG is finally gonna get to be on a winner and out of this sh*tty situation in Minnesota?McHale F*cked this guy's career man

4. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

Blah blah blah, KG is a man of principle, this is tiring news. I think we know his stance on the situation and the Wolves as well. I really don't care if he's stuck in that situation he put himself in or if he's traded. Because if he does, all the fanboys better lower their expections that he will win a championship soon after.

5. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

I don't get why there's an article every time KG restates this as if it's something new.