Has Yao Ming reached his expectations?

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by BrewCityBuck, Apr 12, 2007.

1. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

He's averaging pretty much 25/10. Yao's entering his prime (turning 27 before next season). I think Yao Ming's done a hell of a job. I think the 'most dominant player in the league' stuff was overdone during the draft. Most people just expected him to be a 25/12 kind of guy. We all know he's never going to be a great rebounder. Yao's improved steadily each season. I don't think he gets enough attention in the media or by fans for how well he's doing.

2. The`Dream

The`Dream BBW Elite Member

He's reached his expectations statistically but he hasn't shown the results. I expected him to have brought Houston atleast some post-season success, but he hasn't. Its a mystery how he didn't pan out with T-Mac with all that hype.

3. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

Yeah statistically he has..but he's had too many injuries and hasn't had a full season of being this good

4. KMart?

KMart? BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (L_C @ Apr 12 2007, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He's reached his expectations statistically but he hasn't shown the results. I expected him to have brought Houston atleast some post-season success, but he hasn't. Its a mystery how he didn't pan out with T-Mac with all that hype.</div>When TMac was healthy, Yao wasn't in his prime. Last year, the Rockets were one of, if not the most injury riddled team in the NBA. This year, the Rockets are the dark horse in the NBA, and Yao is in his prime. I think you've started judging a tad too early.

5. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

Well, he has had alot of injuries in his career, so I really think that hurts him. This year, if he could have been healthy all the time, you would be hearing people talk about him alot. When he is healthy and playing, he is the best center in the league...no doubt. But, he hasnt been healthy for an entire season since he has been in the league. Like everyone else is saying, he has made progression statistically every year and he has met expectations, but he needs to work on staying healthy, and he has to do some damage in the playoffs.

6. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

he has produced statistically but hasn't shown superstar intangibles or the ability to be "the man" and demand the ball. That may or may not come.