MICROSOFT SURFACE PRO 3 REVIEW

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by BigGameDamian, Jul 20, 2014.

1. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/18/microsoft-surface-pro-3-review

THE VERDICT

The Surface Pro 3 is trying to be a tablet in a laptop's clothing, and it did a decent job at convincing me that it actually was a notebook from time to time. It's far more capable than your typical tablet, thanks to its internals and desktop operating system, but it's also more bulky of a device. Its form factor also makes it more versitile than a notebook, as you are easily able to use it with or without a keyboard, but its non-bundled Touch Cover and tricky kick stand are hardly proper replacements for a standard laptop hinge, keyboard, and track pad.

The new Surface is great in a lot of ways—from its relatively thin build and quality construction to its speedy performance and OS that's perfectly designed for the form factor—but whether or not it can actually replace your laptop depends on how much you want a solid keyboard and track pad, and if you plan to use it on your lap.

8.3=GREAT

The Surface Pro 3 isn't a perfect laptop replacement, but it's a great choice if you want the best of both worlds.

+Quality construction.
    +Speedy performance.
    +Windows 8.1 is perfect for the form factor.
    – Kickstand can be troublesome.
    – Type Cover is not included, and not great.

2. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

I got one this weekend and like it so far. Apple fanboys will probably hate it, but for what I wanted it is working out so far