New York Red Bulls v Arsenal (July 26)

Discussion in 'Arsenal FC' started by speeds, Jul 21, 2014.

1. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

The Arsenal travel to New York on the 26th for a friendly against MLS's New York Red Bulls, home of Arsenal legend Thierry Henry, who earlier this month became the all-time assists leader with 37.

2. speeds

I would expect a stronger lineup than the one we saw last week with more first team players involved. It would be exciting to see the debuts of Alexis and Mathieu Debuchy but the boss may opt to keep those guys on the bench after their World Cup efforts. I would expect the NYRB to be amped up for this game. I'd also expect to see a lot of Gooners in the crowd. Wish I were there!

3. speeds

Arsenal have released their 20-man traveling roster ahead of Saturday’s match.

Goalkeepers: Damien Martinez, Wojciech Szczesny

Defenders: Hector Bellerin, Kieran Gibbs, Isaac Hayden, Carl Jenkinson, Ignasi Miquel, Nacho Monreal

Midfielders: Mikel Arteta, Santi Cazorla, Francis Coquelin, Abou Diaby, Mathieu Flamini, Kristoffer Olsson, Aaron Ramsey, Tomas Rosicky, Jon Toral, Jack Wilshere, Gedion Zelalem

Forward: Chuba Akpom

The Red Bulls square off against Arsenal at 5PM at Red Bull Arena. The match will be televised on ESPN2.