Marcus Allen: Raiders belong in L.A.

Discussion in 'AFC West' started by truebluefan, Jul 22, 2014.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Although the Oakland Raiders' long-term plans for a home are muddy as ever -- the powers-that-be seem more interested in getting something done first for Major League Baseball's Athletics at O.co Coliseum -- a Hall of Famer who played for the silver and black thinks he can clear the waters.

Marcus Allen, the franchise's brightest star in the Raiders' star-crossed 13-year sojourn in Southern California, says he can see his first NFL team returning to Los Angeles.

"I know people in Oakland won't like this," Allen told NBC Sports Network this past weekend in Lake Tahoe at the American Century Celebrity Golf Championship.

"I think it's a viable option. ... We can't have them back at the [Los Angeles Memorial] Coliseum; the Coliseum is now USC's home. ... But there's some locations there that I know I've talked to a few owners [about] and I know that they've liked. I can't divulge my sources, though."

Read more http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11241542/marcus-allen-says-oakland-raiders-return-los-angeles