OT: F. Rodney Ran Out of Arrows, or Left Them in The Halos Dugout, Sunday....

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by Mattingly23NY, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
  2. Rick2583

Rick2583 Chairman of the board

3. Mattingly23NY

I know we both noticed and agreed Rodney made a clown out of himself in the A.S. game.

My buddy noted below***, was telling me how much Detroit Fans utterly in masses detested Rodney in Detroit. Imagine a closer coming in to boos from the hometown crowd for years, til they shipped his lazy ass out. His departure was met with loud cheers in Detroit. He wasn't much cared for in Anaheim either, at least not in circles I knew. Tho' I do believe he was idolized by Tote and his buddies, I know for a fact he has a "Fathead of Rodney" in all 4 Uniforms of Teams he's been on.... :rotfl:

***I got a longtime friend, and old buddy back in detroit, a Tigers season ticket holder for exactly 50 yrs now. He's 79 yrs old. this yr. his 50th anniversary of 55 straight Opening Day games, & 50 years of straight seasons tickets, he was honored & was given the Owners Press Box, with catering galore of every kind, plus given a nice Tag Heuer. I thought the Tigers were to cheap for that....

anyway-this guy when he was in his mid teens saw Kaline as a rookie, warming up before the game, & said to Kaline, "I've been coming here since before you", way back when. On top of that, in Steve Carlton's 1987 Topps card, you will see 1 man & 1 kid (his son) standing against the railing in Det. when Lefty was warming up early prior to the game on the sideline mound. It was 1 hr. before game time, & not another soul is in the pic, but those 3....what a souvenir IMO.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  4. Rick2583

Rick2583 Chairman of the board

I loved when he tried to explain the reactions of both Trout & Pujols by saying, "All those guys over there are my friends" Yeah Rodney, keep dreamimg.

5. Mattingly23NY

BTW- did you know Rodney's nickname is officially "Kimbo" I shit you not...?