The Kevin Love "OFFICIAL" Trade Thread

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BigGameDamian, Jul 22, 2014.

1. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

I Think eventually Love will end up playing with the Cavaliers and I also think the majority of fans do also, but wouldn't it be interesting if he went elsewhere with Lebron coming out and saying he wants to play with Love and vice versa. That would just be Cleveland's luck.:MARIS61::MARIS61::MARIS61:

The Chicago Bulls have entered the Kevin Love trade talks with a package offered to the Minnesota Timberwolves believed to be centered around Taj Gibson and Jimmy Butler.

The Bulls shelved their interest in Love while pursuing Carmelo Anthony.

The Bulls and Golden State Warriors were intially believed to be Love's preferred destinations, but he's now interested in the Cleveland Cavaliers following their signing of LeBron James.

The Cavaliers remain the favorites to trade for Love, offering Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett and a future first round pick. The Warriors have remained determined not to trade Klay Thompson in a deal for Love.

Cleveland is increasingly optimistic that a deal will be accepted by the Wolves.

2. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Been following this relatively closely for obvious reasons. Sounds like hes Cleveland's to lose at this point. GS won't include Klay and/or won't take back Kevin Martin. The Bulls ownership are cheap as fugg and more than content with Gasol and Gibson. The ship to Houston sailed with Parsons (LOL). Phoenix has the pieces to do it, the question is whether they'd pull the trigger without assurances that Love will stay.

Cleveland was taking a hard stance on Wiggins, but that abruptly changed this weekend. LeBron did not mention Wiggins in his letter when he decided to return. I'd think any connection between the two would be shoved in our faces by the sports media, so I reckon hes been keeping his distance from the kid. I think Gilbert told him they'd do anything it took to build a winner and LeBron demanded that they go get Love, now. That one year opt out gives him some extra leverage, but they'd do whatever he said regardless.

3. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Just make a decision already, good lord.

4. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    WTF do we have an "OFFICIAL" trade thread for that jackass?

Unless Kevin Love is being traded to Portland, this is OT.

5. cmeese47

cmeese47 Well-Known Member

Not true perhaps Portland could be in position to help facilitate the deal, offering Batum for Minnesota and taking Wiggins. Too early to tell if OT.

6. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    OK. I'd do Batum for Wiggins. ;)

7. craigehlo

craigehlo Elite Wing

The Bulls current offer of Taj, McBuckets and Mirotic is pretty solid. I'd take that over Wiggins if I were in the Wolves position of rebuilding. Passing in Wiggins is a risk, but i think his offense will always be too raw to be an elite player.

8. Blazinaway

Blazinaway Well-Known Member

I think Minny should take Wiggins and whatever else they can get for Love and run, the guy is gone next year in ANY case, getting Wiggins is awesome for them IMO, I would do it for Wiggins alone and whatever filler is necessary

9. BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94

BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94 AWOL

I disagree. I think the prospect of Wiggins+A decent filler is more valuable than a mid-level starting PF and two 22+ year old rookies.

10. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I completely agree, the Blazers forum does not need to be filled with LeBron, Love, Melo threads. We have an "Around the NBA" thread and NBA general forum for this stuff. Every sports website is inundated with those superstars, it's like People magazine over and over. OT topic and please use the NBA trade or Around the NBA threads for this crap...my 2 cents

11. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    Hmmm...not sure Nic swings that way, but if you think it will somehow help us get Wiggins, who am I to stand in your way if you want to sacrifice your virtue?

12. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

I think this is the best approach. Take the best player in return, not the best package. It's all a gamble, but the bottom line is who has the best chance of sticking with your team 3-4 years from now? The answer is Wiggins.

13. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
    The Bulls offer certainly makes it a difficult decision. Wiggins is certainly the more sparkly get, and has the advantage of being on a rookie contract, but if your goal was to be an instant playoff contender, then the Bulls' package is the obvious choice. It's not even clear to me that Wiggins is going to be a star.

I don't get why the Bulls do this, though. As things stand they're probably the #1 team in the East - why fuck with that by bringing in Mr. No-Defense?

14. BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94

BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94 AWOL

The Timberwolves should be thinking ahead not in the now where the west is loaded.

15. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

Rubio/Lavine/McDermott/ Gibson/Pekovic with Mirotic, Muhammad, Shved off the bench is not even close to a playoff contender. That team would be luck to win 30 games in the west.

16. Strenuus

I thought the Bulls were giving Butler as well?

17. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

I agree, I think Wiggins is going to be an outstanding player but aside from that nothing outstanding will be in that package. I like what the Bulls are offering. My only question is if Jimmy Butler is included? Noah, Love and Gasol would definitely be an interesting to watch!

18. Strenuus

I kept hearing that Butler is involved... that'd be he only way it could work. And even then, I don't think it's a good enough offer.

19. BlazerWookee

BlazerWookee UNTILT THE DAMN PINWHEEL!

Gear Finisher
    For cry sakes, can somebody move this to the OT section? I mean, fuck Kevin Love...

20. cmeese47

cmeese47 Well-Known Member

You hate Love, Lebron, etc. is there any non blazer that you actually like