McGwire to Canseco; "What you did was wrong"...

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by yankeesince59, Jul 24, 2014.

1. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

2. 3RA1N1AC

3RA1N1AC 00110110 00111001

canseco broke the bro code, but mcguire was a total peice of shit, so id call it even, as in both of them can die in a fire for all i care

at least canseco got to fuck madonna out of the deal

3. yankeesince59

...yup, Canseco ratted people out, but his finger pointing was accurate as it turned out, although most people originally thought he was a lying ex=ball player who was broke and was trying to sell his book...Jim Bouton pretty much got the same treatment. but was also telling the truth as it turned out. Mac was a cheat AND a liar, plain and simple.

...as far as Madonna, hell, who hasn't fucked her?...well, other than me? :lol:

4. totus44

totus44 Lord of the Dark Side

Never end well for the rat.

5. yankeesince59

...^^^ Oh, I agree...but the Cards basically told Mac if he wanted to return to the game as a coach, he first had to come clean about his PED use...and that was the ONLY reason he finally confessed. Like brainiac alluded to, they're both a POS.

6. Rick2583

Rick2583 Chairman of the board

This adds a whole new meaning to the term, "Pot......................meet kettle"

7. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
    :touche:

Bash Brothers = 2 POS.....!!!

8. Pastafazul

Pastafazul Banned User BANNED

big mac is talkin smack?

dude would not have been in bigs if not for roids, who is he kidding! could not sit on a breaking ball to save his life, my goodness, 1 of the nicest guys, but biggest disappointments!

9. Rick2583

So are you saying he was even on roids during his rookie season of 1987 when he hit 49 HRs?

10. Pastafazul

Pastafazul Banned User BANNED

ask his brother, former san diego state Qb? see the movie "johnny b good" , u tell me!

11. Mattingly23NY

Honestly I think he was juiced in his rookie year. Keep in mind, tho' little is said about MLB usage of steroids in that time frame, the NFL was running rampant with roid use....

1 reason I believe Balco Barry and others, can bank their time frames, on the juice, by the changes in stats, and not by the years they finally (well some) confessed too.

Yep, I think Barry was using by the mid 90s, no doubt, from what I've seen in person of Barry, he HAD to be juicing, he was a 1 man wrecking crew.... you've pointed out brilliantly over the year(s), on this board, and the old BSPN one.

12. Rick2583

From everything I've seen & heard over the years I along with most think Bonds started juicing the year after Sosa & McGwire had that summer to remember (1998) The one that according to the blind phony Selig Those two guys saved the game of baseball with that head to head HR battle. And if you look at Barry's numbers up to that point (again 1998) they're pretty consistant across the board. He was having a DAMN! good career going. But then the following year (1999) his numbers just got stupid. So as far as Barry I think as do most that Barry's use was from 1999-2004. And that really sucks because again, This guy really didn't need the juice to have a GREAT career, he was already on his way to the HOF.

13. Yankeefan5545

Yankeefan5545 Well-Known Member

Retired
    Remember Yankee Fans referring to Canseco as "The Material Boy". As far as I'm concerned Canseco is a common snitch, wrote the book because he knew his numbers were not good enough to make the Hall. McGuire to me was always about bullshit. His hitting sessions probably begin with OK boys bend over. When the pot got stirred though it started bringing reforms.

14. Mattingly23NY

I swear the publicity this shit is getting, only makes me think its really NO different than raising kids, little kids, as they're telling on each other, they're both POS IMO. I was disappointed the moment I saw McGwire, in the Bums Dugout as a Hitting Coach, say WTF- he couldn't hit a breaking ball to save his ass, so how is he gonna' teach or correct anyone who can't hit the breaking stuff???????

Your right Rick, none of these players needed the Juice, and HOF invitations were being printed damn near.

However, from watching Barry in Chavez Ravine in 92, then again in 93, I had a sneaking suspicion something was afoul. In 92's games, he did nada.

In 93 in the two games I saw Bonds play in, one he had 6 RBI's, two 3 run HR's, the next he hit for the cycle, but with a grand slam HR, triple, double and single. Drove in a whopping 7 Runs, and was stranded on base, with his single.

I don't know what it was, maybe excess testosterone in the air, as I was sitting field level behind home plate, and I could just tell, and even said to my buddy, there's something about Bonds this year, he looks like he's playing against little leaguer's, no one has the presence at the plate, like he does, I honestly expected and called his Grand Slam before he even took a swing....yep, excess testosterone, reeking up into the seats over the smell of fresh popcorn and Budweiser....!

15. Rick2583

And yet between 95-98 he wasn't exactly crushing the ball. He averaged 38 HRs during those 4 seasons. Which was a far cry from his suspected use of the juice 2000-2004 when he averaged I believe 51 HRs a year. Guys like McGwire & Sosa needed the juice, McGwire was a one demensional player (All power) same as Sosa where Bonds could do it all.

16. Mattingly23NY

Yep, I know his hitting numbers don't show need for concern in that era. Tho' he was crushing the ball, he also had Williams and Clark constantly setting the table for him too. Yet, RBI's good, not thru the roof, his defense incredible back then. And MVP's galore...

Hell, "I'm not sure what I'm trying to say"...!