Thunder's Serge Ibaka says he's still not 100 percent after calf rupture

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by truebluefan, Jul 29, 2014.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

The spectacle of the injury to Oklahoma City Thunder big man Serge Ibaka and the comeback he made during the Western Conference finals against the San Antonio Spurs was full of drama. The Spurs smoked the Ibaka-less Thunder in the first two games of the series, and then lost the next two games of his comeback before taking care of business in six contests. Ibaka's ability to work through such a serious injury was more than admirable but ultimately meaningless because his team loss.

In a Q&A with Bleacher Report's Jared Zwerling, Ibaka tells us he had a full rupture in his left calf and that he's still not 100 percent a couple months later. Considering Ibaka is supposedly planning on playing for Spain in the FIBA World Cup in September, it's safe to assume he should be 100 percent by the time the tournament begins.

Bleacher Report: Early reports had you out for the Western Conference Finals and NBA Finals after suffering a left calf strain against the Los Angeles Clippers in Round 2. Yet you made a surprisingly quick return by Game 3 vs. the Spurs. What do you remember about the injury?

Serge Ibaka: It was a complete rupture in my left calf. My calf was huge and swollen. The doctors told me, "You're out for the playoffs. It's over."

- See more at: http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...-hes-still-not-100-percent-after-calf-rupture