16 hours to go....

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by Rick2583, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Rick2583

Rick2583 Chairman of the board

and so far things have been pretty quiet.

2. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
    I read a POS article today of a Press Interview held by Cashman today....the speech literally told us nothing we don't already know. In other words, Cash has no chips in this poker game. Mentioned of course are all the names we've heard, Danks, Rios, Byrd, and a couple other small time players, nothing of interests or nothing that will help our team, he never did mention Chase Utley.

I was going to post the Press Release, as to what Cashhole said, but, nothing new. Only confirmed the Yanx are still looking for a power bat, preferably a corner outfielder, or DH....and of course pitching was mentioned....but a lack of names, or leads, Cash-Hole had that "deer in the headlights look"....which kinda looked like this, :-)confused:) but with glassy eyes.....

Here's a few pics from the article of Cash-Hole, courtesy of Associated Press, and the NY Times....

:sigh: :dunno: :banghead: :doh:
    :tornado: :jugle: :hairout: :yawn: :bored: :politician: :smiley-pat: :blink:
    :smiley-new_shocked: :smiley-scared: :shock1: :smiley-bigsadeyes: :smiley-sad: :smiley-placko:
    :smiley-cmizdri: :smiley-puzzled:
    :smiley-puzzled: :smiley-hmm: :smiley-help:
    :smiley-neznam: :smiley-glupan: :smiley-dollar: :smiley-nope:

the journalist did hint tho' at Cashman saying "we're still looking at Cliff Lee", and that move if made, won't be done til August some time, if it happens at all.

If Lee can return to form, which in his 2 games back, he hasn't looked at all, like the Cliff Lee we all came to know & enjoy. He looks more like an old man trying to make a roster, lack of control, velocity, he worries me. His kind of injury is one that can flare up at a moments notice....

Thus-summary- Cash-Hole might as well be a deaf mute, or pack his bags....!!!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  3. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
    Like I said a week ago, if this were a strip poker game, Cash-Hole would be down to his panty hose, with nothing more than a pair of deuces, wearing dark sun glasses cuz everyone knows he's bluffing....

Now a week later, Brian, has No pair of deuces, no hand at all, and is down to his last piece of attire, his garter belt....for those panty hose he lost this week.....

And.......he looks like he just was informed, his blank check book, is no good at a poker game as well....DOH...

No Playoffs, no Cash-Hole....my take, hopefully The Kidz too. But I doubt it, they seem to have less of a clue than Cashman...

Best thing this Team can do in the near future, is let Derek in as a Minority Owner, or Majority (tho' we know the latter will never happen, those greedy bastages)....but let Derek, take over the helm....let the kids sit in their suites, and eat popcorn and sour patch kids, with their milk....

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  4. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

...not to imply I'm a Cashman fan, but no GM in his right mind is going to make his real intentions public knowledge.

...I mean, a GM has to keep his cards close to his chest, for obvious reasons.

5. Rick2583

We're down now to about 6 1/2 hours & here's my feeling.................

As far as right field I'd like either Rios or Byrd but I think we may end up with someone like the White Sox 25 year old 230s hitting RFer Dayan Viciedo.

As far as pitching, I really wouldn't mind John Lester but instead I fear it may be another White Sox player in John Danks.

And as crazy as it sounds I think the Yankees should contact there cross town rivals & check on the availability of 2nd baseman David Murphy.

6. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

...I think you mean Daniel Murphy...David Murphy plays for Texas.

...but yeah, the Mets' Murphy would be nice but I don't see them parting with him.

...as far as the OF, unless it is an overall upgrade over Ichiro, why bother?

7. totus44

totus44 Lord of the Dark Side

Cashman to other GM on the phone "come on man....its just a rental. Don't you want to see Jeter WS highlights just one more time?"

8. Rick2583

Nice catch Ron, yeah I did mean Daniel. Thanks. And I don't know, the Mets are pretty cheap & knowing he'll be looking for a sizable raise in the very near future he just may be expendable.

9. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    i for one do not want Johnathan Danks...it has come to this...Chris Capuano and persuing Danks...sigh

10. Rick2583

I realize that there's not much out there but hey, the Red Sox need a catcher & I wouldn't mind Lester, Get-er-done Cashman.

11. totus44

totus44 Lord of the Dark Side

Lester is gone Rick. He's an Oakland A.

12. Rick2583

Holy shit, the A's aren't f'king around. When I think of how little it took to get those 2 pitchers from the Cubs while Cashman sat around with his thumb up his ass, it really pisses me off.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  13. Rick2583

DAMN! I just saw that it was Lester & Gomes for Cespedes (forgive the spelling).