SunTimes: Derrick Rose discusses growing tension with Bulls

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by kukoc4ever, Aug 1, 2014.

1. kukoc4ever

kukoc4ever Let's win a ring! Staff Member Moderator

http://www.suntimes.com/28980523-76...with-bulls-reinsdorf-reacts.html#.U9tvQ_ldWSo

Do other teams go through all the drama that the Bulls do? If it isn't Currygate, its Paxson physically assaulting the head coach. Now this!

The Rose - Bulls tension has been a behind the scenes story for years now. Its interesting its finally being reported on.

If Rose does manage to round back into MVP shape, lets hope this bad blood does not resurface when its time to reup the contract.

The *only* reason the Bulls are even remotely a contender for the NBA title is because of Derrick Rose.

The Bulls Org should remember that.

(Of course, the arena seems to fill up no matter what and its not that hard to get to the 1st round of the playoffs if you're happy with that, so perhaps its not that big a deal to management, other than potentially being embarrassed, which is why the offending party needs to be smeared in the press)

(let the attack the source begin!)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  2. kukoc4ever

3. Bullsville

Bullsville Intelligent Bulls Fan

Sportswriter
    :fishing: :jerry: :yawn: :bored:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  4. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    You called it.

5. transplant

transplant Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

No attacking the source here.

It seems that Rose didn't much want Anthony on his team. If this was the case, I can see how he wouldn't want to play a part in recruiting him. Of course, under these circumstances, I can see how Forman, Paxson and Reinsdorf would have zero patience with the Rose camp complaining about a failure to bring in better players to support DRose.

6. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    http://pippenainteasy.com/2014/08/01/chicago-bulls-rumors-feud-d-roseda-bulls/

WOW! Talk about two sides to the same story! Jerry Reinsdorf seems to think everything is all right while Derrick Rose says something different. He says that people come to him saying the opposite.

There are two things I have learned in my months at Pippen Ain’t Easy.

1) The Chicago Bulls like to keep their moves and plans locked up like Fort Knox.

2) The Chicago Bulls front office or coaching staff does not like being criticized outside the organization. Period.

Remember Ron Adams, the most trusted ally of Tom Thobodeau? He criticized the front office for personnel moves. Well he’s gone.

I knew Carlos Boozer was history as soon as he called out Tom Thibodeau for playing time. Well he’s gone too.

Are we seeing a trend here?

I can tell you right now Pippen Peoples, whether you want to hear this or not, the reality show that is the Chicago Bulls is not dead. Let me tell you something. Jerry Reinsdorf was recently in the hospital this past weekend while at the Baseball Hall of Fame ceremonies. Thankfully he is fine. But if he should be resting. If he had to make time to make a statement to defend his franchise, there is more to this story.

7. transplant

Yup. Makes sense.

8. Bullsville

Sportswriter
    I still can't find the list of front offices and coaching staffs who LIKE being criticized outside the organization. Period.

9. transplant

Yeah, that's kind of where I'm at. I don't like being criticized outside my home. Come to think of it, I don't much care for being criticized inside my home either.

As for keeping "their moves and plans locked up like Fort Knox," that's just smart.

10. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    Ignoring the bit he wrote about Adams and what happened when he criticized the organization?

It remains to be seen what kind of retaliation is taken against the Sun Times or the writers involved or the sources.

To be continued.

11. transplant

Let's not. I don't know why Adams was let go, but he was an assistant coach and folks at that pay grade should always be careful that they don't piss off those above them unnecessarily. Of course, Adams found a comparable gig fairly quickly so maybe it doesn't much matter.

Cowley has pissed Reinsdorf off before...lots of times. Also, the Sun Times once employed Mariotti who openly despised Reinsdorf. Whaddya think the Chairman's gonna do? Commission a hit?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  12. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    Another excuse for the organization?

I still say it remains to be seen what kind of retaliation is taken.

That is absolutely the implication in the SI article.

13. transplant

What's an excuse for the organization?

14. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    What, exactly, did he do to merit getting fired?

As for the Sun Times, maybe they don't get access to management and players so much for interviews, etc.

15. Bullsville

Sportswriter
    Adams' contract expired, and he wasn't given a new contract. Something that happens all the time with every professional sports organization in the world. An assistant coach was replaced by someone else. Oh, the horror!!!

It is only "news" to fans looking for something to bitch about.

And of course, it's also remotely possible that the Bulls hired a replacement who is better at the job than Adams was?

I'm assuming Reinsdorf will either have him whacked, or maybe call him a poopy head meanie?

16. transplant

I don't know (and people say we have nothing in common).

17. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Derrick Rose: No problem with Bulls

Chicago Bulls star Derrick Rose says there is no problem between himself and the organization after he acknowledged Thursday that there is lingering tension between some members of his inner circle and members of the team's front office.

"It's funny just hearing so many stories about what's going on, and they're coming out kind of out of nowhere," Rose said in an interview with ESPN prior to Team USA's scrimmage on Friday night.

"It's funny to hear about them, but it's nothing that's going on. Everybody that came here -- [Bulls general manager] Gar [Forman], [Bulls executive vice president John Paxson] -- came here to show love and for someone to just write something or throw something out there that's not true, it's kind of like, 'What are you doing?' It's kind of like hatin' because so much positive [stuff] is going on and you want to write the one article and just try to stir up something. It's something we don't need, but at the same time it's the past, it's behind us and I talked to Jerry [Reinsdorf, Bulls owner) already, so I'm not worried about it."

Rose told the Chicago Sun-Times on Thursday that he knows there are some hard feelings on both sides after several events the past few seasons.

"I know it's been there,'' Rose told the newspaper. "I heard there were some upset people. I'm happy I didn't personally see it. I don't want to see that. I kind of wonder where it was coming from because it seemed like whenever I was around, everything was all right. It bothered me because when I wasn't around, I would hear from certain people that everything wasn't all right.''

Read more http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/11298159/derrick-rose-says-there-no-problem-chicago-bulls

18. transplant

I love this story! Rose has heard some stuff, but he's cool. The Chairman has stated as strongly as possible that everyone in the Bulls organization is cool with DRose.

I can't help but believe that Reinsdorf's statement was not only aimed at the media, but also at anyone within the Bulls front office who may have voiced some frustration with Rose and/or his camp. While some discord may continue to exist, I suspect it will be much, much quieter.

19. kukoc4ever

It will be quieter since Uncle Jerry is going to silence those loose lips.

BJ will still hate Paxson. Reggie will still be Reggie. We'll see how it plays out.

20. transplant

Agree, it will have little effect on BJ, Reggie and other outsiders. It will have a profound effect on Forman, Paxson and other members of the Bulls front office and their relationships with certain media members.